Timing chain-

Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the original style plastic gear timing chain set for my 1987 gn. Also need an oil slinger.

Why would you go with the original plastic one that can fail put in a double roller to save the motor. I got my double roller from cotton performance

It seems like people are torn between the two. Which roller do you recommend? I was thinking the original style because of the use of the tensioner, the plastic gear not throwing off the knock sensor etc.

3129.jpg

http://www.cottonsperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3129

This COMP Cams® Hi-Tech™ chain set is designed to work with all hydraulic roller and flat tappet cams. Ideal for all street performance and race applications.

Cast Iron camshaft gear and induction hardened billet steel crank sprocket • Feature 3 keyway crank sprocket for 4-degree incremental adjustability, 4-degree maximum advance/retard • Pre-stretched, heat-treated double roller chain with heavy-duty large pin design • Dynamically balanced and quality checked for run-out tolerances

Email Friend
List Price:
$79.95
Price: $59.00

Or, contact Nick Micale at Arizona Gn. He can supply you a TA performance stock style chain that uses a tensioner and comes with billet gears.

Or, contact Nick Micale at Arizona Gn. He can supply you a TA performance stock style chain that uses a tensioner and comes with billet gears.
Nick is great bought my trans pan and downpipe from him great service