Thinking about a 6766 turbo . Is it too big ????

I am sure Bison can build you a turbo in that size and mass flow and probably Save you some $$$.. And the turbo will be top notch

Imo neither of these turbos are really slower than mid 10 sec turbos
there are plenty of guys that will put that statement to the test:)you did your homework and got a 62/65 to 29psi and that's not easy to do.

there are plenty of guys that will put that statement to the test:)you did your homework and got a 62/65 to 29psi and that's not easy to do.
With a switch to a vertical flow intercooler I'm betting I can get it to 32-33psi at the same drive pressure. I'm sure there's power in that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a switch to a vertical flow intercooler I'm betting I can get it to 32-33psi at the same drive pressure. I'm sure there's power in that
I thought you would have something like that already to get 29psi off the 6265.should be a little more there.seems like alot of guys just dont try to get the most out of their turbos and parts oversize everything to go slower and throw away money.direct port alky sounds very interesting.

After talking to three different gn "experts " i gotta go with Nick on this turbo choice. I put the 45A on my new build along with Daves transmission and a 10 inch lock up. Get one and hold the F on, you wont regrett it. Im told they work the best at 25 to 28 pounds, i really cant say mine is set at 20. Cant wait till spring so i can turn it up.

I thought you would have something like that already to get 29psi off the 6265.should be a little more there.seems like alot of guys just dont try to get the most out of their turbos and parts oversize everything to go slower and throw away money.direct port alky sounds very interesting.
Everything on the above logs is from stuff that's easily obtainable to anyone except the tune files. Stock short block with no trick parts. There's plenty more with better engine everything perfect. 9.6x power with the 62 wouldnt be a surprise at all.

I have the exact set up as you with a 6262 jb. It is a handfull at 23psi. No track times yet. Very satisfied no lag.

There's some back to back supra info showing journal bearing vs dbb worth only about 150 rpm gain in spool. Any data like this on a buick ? (6266-6466)

So Bison if you wanted a street car to hit mid to low 10s with my combo which turbo would you choose as best option ? (

I say if you want mid to low 10s 62-66 would be better... If you decide you want to be in the 9s down the road get the 6466

Thanks ! the 6466 looks like it is only $200 more dollars that will be a no brainer lol

Thanks ! the 6466 looks like it is only $200 more dollars that will be a no brainer lol
I love my 64-66 spools really fast and hits hard as hell on top end too. I am killings everything on the street. At only 18 psi!!! Once my motor is broken in then I plan on 28 psi or so.

There's some back to back supra info showing journal bearing vs dbb worth only about 150 rpm gain in spool. Any data like this on a buick ? (6266-6466)
if the combo is really on point you may not miss the bb at all.combo is very important because I have driven a lot of these cars and some of the faster street cars have had bb but you can get these things to spool and go fast without as well.i am currently running a bb turbo myself but will tell you on mine its not needed but im not going to take it off;)at least till I can find a better turbo.

I don't think Bison's PM are working I have sent a couple over the last couple of weeks and didn't hear back . He built the TA49 that had and a stock turbo and did really good work

So Bison if you wanted a street car to hit mid to low 10s with my combo which turbo would you choose as best option ? (
10.80 at 3600 is the fastest I'd run with a non correcting program. Beyond that it's speed density with wideband when I tune cars for longevity and power. MFS 6265, old standby TE45, or MFS 6466. All will cover it. An old te62 or 6262 would probably cover it also. Even with lousy 60' times the 6265 went 10.20's on its first full hits on my car at about 3600lbs.

10.80 at 3600 is the fastest I'd run with a non correcting program. Beyond that it's speed density with wideband when I tune cars for longevity and power. MFS 6265, old standby TE45, or MFS 6466. All will cover it. An old te62 or 6262 would probably cover it also. Even with lousy 60' times the 6265 went 10.20's on its first full hits on my car at about 3600lbs.

Why do you recommend a speed density tune for longevity?

Why do you recommend a speed density tune for longevity?
A speed density tune with a quality MAP sensor. Very accurate and consistent. I prefer to run the MAP for the ecu and the alky if so equipped. This reduces variation from car to car and adds an additional fail safe to the alky setup. I use SSI P51 MAP sensors on every aftermarket ecu I install and have not had a single failure. Once you find something that's accurate and works very well you tend to stay with it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the insight and recommendations . I have decided to go with the DBB 6466 !! I am excited to see what this turbo will do on the street !

Thanks guys for all the insight and recommendations . I have decided to go with the DBB 6466 !! I am excited to see what this turbo will do on the street !
you will love it!! I love mine. Let us know what you think of it..

The 6766 is a BADASS TURBO !!! I have it on my car.... But you need supporting mods just like anything else
Yeah. I wouldn't use a 6265 unless I was looking for mid 10's. I wouldn't use a 6766 unless I was planning on running solid 9's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE