Need advice on a te-60 turbo setup

evil87gn

Here's a list of what I have installed now and what I will be installing in the next 3 weeks on my GN. My goal is to get my car 10.99 in the 1/4 or low 11's also have some questions.
I don't have a scanmaster but I do have a turbolink for my laptop what one is better?

1. I know I will need a new torque converter, what stall ? Non-lock up or lock up ?
2. Should I get a wideband gauge?
3.Should I have a knock gauge?
4. I'm gonna save for champion Gn1 Aluminum heads.
5. I'm sure I'll need a new cam, but what cam would work the best for my goal?
6.Should I also save for a alcohol kit with single nozzle or dual nozzle?
7.What size fuel injector should I go with? (60 lbs)

I did most of the work on my car, but now I'm getting to the hard stuff for me, I could use some help with finding the best combo for this Te-60 turbo and any tuning suggestions.

Installed now
Stock stretched intercooler
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
100 octane race gas
Hot wire kit
Walbro fuel pump support up 600hp
38 lbs injectors
Aluminum pulleys
3" SS polished down pipe & dump pipe
Full 3" SS polished dual exhaust
SS headers
Boost/vacuum, oil, and fuel pressure gauges
Dual electric fan
Stock turbo w/ adjustable wastegate (replacing with a Te-60)
Turbotweak chip
K&N air filter w/3" Aluminum Maf
160 degree thermostat
Stock Aluminum radiator w/ oil & trans cooler

Engine was rebuilt with heavy duty parts.
Heads are stock
Stock cam
Transmission is stock
plenum and intake manifold ( both will be replaced)

Soon to be installed parts

70 mm throttle body and plenum with 3" polished aluminum up-pipe
Ported Manifold
Te-60 turbo
3" polished ls1 Maf with the translator
Big mouth aluminum cold air intake
I will install a new chip with my new setup.

For starters I'd get the transmission the attention it needs and if go for a different turbo if you want solid high 10 sec power. With the gn1 heads with a 60-1 and good converter will support 10 sec power easily.

Scanmaster would be nice to see when you step in it. Bison is right. When I got all my parts installed to go faster my tranny took a dump on the second track pass. Without a good tranny and converter your going no where. Wideband will help with tuning. You'll never have a accurate air/fuel without one.

Ok, so I'll work on the transmission rebuild. What torque converter should I go with and with what stall? non-lock up or lock up?

Also I'll replace my turbolink with a scanmaster.
I'll buy a windeband gauge for tuning.
For now I'll have to stay with my te-60 turbo.
I'll work on saving for new GN1 heads, but if I get new heads should i do the cam at the same time? Also what lbs injectors should i go with? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the help!

You need to rethink this combo so you can get all the parts working in the same window. A te60 is not a good choice since it has the small stage 3 turbine.

I'll do what it takes! What combo you think I should go with? Could I rebuild this turbo to make it better? That's why I'm asking cuz I'm not sure what turbo, injector, torque converter, cam that would work for my goal. Thanks

evil87gn said:
I'll do what it takes! What combo you think I should go with? Could I rebuild this turbo to make it better? That's why I'm asking cuz I'm not sure what turbo, injector, torque converter, cam that would work for my goal. Thanks

There's a thread in the time slip and combo I started last year that includes a 60-1 from the mid 90's and a bunch of other old junk that doesn't work. The only really expensive things there were the ptc 9.5" and xfi which isn't needed to run the number. I had it in my car so I used it. I went 10.61@127 with it at 1100' Heads were stock valves with a bowl cleanup. It had about 7.5:1 CR. It's a good easily duplicated combo. I used a low lift 212/212 and ran 93/alky. Your te60 could be converted to a 60-1 with a turbine swap, rebalance and getting the ex housing cut for the larger turbine. Pm me if yr interested

Couldnt you swap the exhaust wheel for something a little bigger like the t350 from a 6152. I bet it would easily support low 11's. Bison do you have to cut the exhaust housing for any new size wheel? I ask because im also looking at upgrading from the T31 myself. P-trim would surely go high ten for less $$$ than a new turbo

Couldnt you swap the exhaust wheel for something a little bigger like the t350 from a 6152. I bet it would easily support low 11's. Bison do you have to cut the exhaust housing for any new size wheel? I ask because im also looking at upgrading from the T31 myself. P-trim would surely go high ten for less $$$ than a new turbo
Yes any of that could be done. The 76 P trim wheel is cheaper than the t350 though. Housing has to be cut or replaced. Plenty of meat in there to cut to either of those if it was a stage 3