Thinking about a 6766 turbo . Is it too big ????

I need to chime in, what would give me the biggest gain from a 6262 jb? Looking to go bigger and go w bb if it's going to be a noticeable difference. Looking at hartline performance - 6466, 6766, 67HPQ or 71HPQ? Running a Carrillo forged stroker rotating assembly, ported iron heads, ported manifold, roller valvetrain w sharp rockers and 214/214cam all built by Dan Strezo at DLS. Trans was built by jimmy and its his strongest 200R4 he can build w billet input/output shafts. Had him also install billet yoke and trans brake. Torque converter custom built by dusty Bradford PTC3300 non lock up. Running 80# injectors w racetronix dual pumps and Razor Alky kit.

I need to chime in, what would give me the biggest gain from a 6262 jb? Looking to go bigger and go w bb if it's going to be a noticeable difference. Looking at hartline performance - 6466, 6766, 67HPQ or 71HPQ? Running a Carrillo forged stroker rotating assembly, ported iron heads, ported manifold, roller valvetrain w sharp rockers and 214/214cam all built by Dan Strezo at DLS. Trans was built by jimmy and its his strongest 200R4 he can build w billet input/output shafts. Had him also install billet yoke and trans brake. Torque converter custom built by dusty Bradford PTC3300 non lock up. Running 80# injectors w racetronix dual pumps and Razor Alky kit.

Personally, I would go 6766. I may go 6766 after I upgrade my pumps. You may need to look at larger injectors depending on fuel.

You will see a difference. You have everything you need to upgrade the turbo. I would look at a bb with HPQ wheel, they are really responsive down low and their top end is killer.

Isn't the 6766 the newer version of the 67hpq? I don't even see the 67hpq listed anywhere on Precision's website

the q is an old turbine wheel,the 66 along with the 70 turbine wheel is the newer design

Bought the 6766 JB w .82, was told to stay away from precisions ceramic BB. Past history- unreliable and no warranty coverage on failed units. Personally I would have gone w the BB 6766 .82 too

Sorry to hijack. I bought a new 6766 for my new engine and was just wondering is it possible to even turn the boost down to 15-16 psi while I break it in? Once I feel safe to nail it I'd like to know that the boost will be low for,the first couple hits so I can ease the boost up. I suppose I could just run a stock turbo also till I feel it's safe.

Don't see why not if you have an external wastegate or actuator that will allow you to turn it down that low. I will say this. I did the same thing breaking my engine in but under WOT it would fall on its face cause it was so rich. If your chip or tune is for 23# or more you'll most likely have the same problem under WOT.

Ok that makes sense. By the way, those tires you recomended for my tta look freaking awesome. No rubbing issues whatsoever!