The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

I have the six anwers to Automotive Trivia #56, but I have won that prize already so I want someone else to have a shot.

Come on guys!

kirban 2 cents worth

how do you know you hit on the answers? Go ahead and post them and I would change your prize......to the Palms Coin.....$40 value.....you blow it and the next person may get it 100%.....You need all 3 correct years all 3 correct models. You gamble and lose I will make the award the palms coin or the 100 annversary book both somewhat hard to get. The winner can chose.

So, Mr LeSabre are you that confident?

Show your hand.

kirban

I'm betting your rite.

kirban 2 cents worth

Figuring out bluehairs trunk ID label. The main focus of this thread. Actually, the part of the thread that doesn't cost me anything!

He already states it is one of the rare turbo-T Limited models. He has T-Tops CC1 code a $895 value should be the locking version.

Has VD6 and VD7 which is the aluminum bumper braces which is desireable. Not an option but a feature. He does have the pos G80 code most of the G codes refer to the 8 1/2 rear, 3.42 gears, G80 was a $100 option.

Funny no codes listed for any floor mats. They did not get the optional courtsey lites in the door panels either. AM6 is the 45/55 split sets a $133 option. They are cloth.

A90 power trunk release $50 option AU3 power locks $145 option, A31 power windows $210 option, B93 chrome door edge guards $15 option, (car has chrome package),

Original Owner spent the big bucks got the best radio UX1 $504 am/fm eq cassette, U75 power antenna $70 option probably don't work or been replaced?

UW4 concert sound speakers in the doors $95 option, takes 4 different codes to cover all the springs one code starts with number 6 for one front number 7 for other front number 8 for one of the rears number 9 for the other rear coil spring.

The main option LC2 is the turbo engine a $1,422 option in the Limited. You have no VK3 code which is front license plate bracket probably means your car originally sold in a state that does not require from license plates. I see you reside in KY. I can't member if that state has front plates or not. D68 left & rite remote mirrors $83 option.

TT5 Tungsten halogen headlites $25 option. AT6 optional recliner on passenger seat $75 option.

Summing it up you got 70 codes on a Limited. Nothing unusual to speak of that I can see. Someone spent the good money for a good radio speakers etc, yet didn't spend anything for floor mats. These are the main codes on your label.

As usual I welcome any comments you might have or questions.

kirban

thanks for sharing your trunk ID label with us. We welcome any others as it breaks things up.

awesome thanks. someone must have robbed the aluminum braces some time or other because neither the front or rear have them. i know the car has been hit in the front at one time and had a fender and hood put on it i beleive so im sure they brace went by by... all other options seem correct. my power antenna does still work. there is some aftermarket kenwood stereo in there now but i would like to have an original to go back in it...id rather listen to the turbo and exhaust! didn't know about the reclining seat thats kinda cool....and yeah it has some cheap autozone floor mats in it right now...fixing to rid that problem soon enough.:biggrin:

kirban 2 cents worth

Thats ashame about the aluminum braces yes, if car ever had front end work body shops would simply go with a bumper brace they got used so in most cases it would be the steel one. Your code states VD 6 and VD 7 means aluminum was original in front and rear. Weird that your back one is also steel....did you do a magnet test? If that is steel I would look over the back end real carefully making sure it was never hit in the rear. Again just my thoughts.

As for the aftermarket radio, if you ever have a reason to pull it out see what they did concerning the factory harness. If it was cut you need to locate the 3 plastic plugs each one is a different color and splice them back prior to hooking up the correct radio.

Glad to help,

kirban

Mr AMC Guy has posted 3 photos. All are GM vehicles. Need car model not car make. Actual model it is.

Photo one the engine photo: I need the exact year and model car it is.

Photo two shows a portion of a car. Tell me the model and the year.

Photo three shows a portion of a car. Tell me the model and the year.

This time you must nail down the exact year. Single guesses in each post per category.

the clock is ticking

Remember requires 6 correct answers in one single post to be the winner.

picture #1: 1965 Buick LeSabre
picture #2: 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88
picture #3: 1960 Chevrolet Impala

Claude. :)

picture #1: 1965 Buick LeSabre
picture #2: 1966 Oldsmobile Delta 88
picture #3: 1960 Chevrolet Impala

kirban 2 cents worth

Your first answer both parts are wrong

Your second answer year is correct however model is wrong

Third answer you got both rite.

So, out of 6 answers you are half way there....and so is any one else that is reading this.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

happy 4th of July....I know in canada you have a 4th of July although not noted as a holiday.

Hi Dennis and all,

Would the pictures be of:

1. 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire
2. 1966 Oldsmobile Starfire
3. 1960 Chevrolet Impala

Would you sign the book, if I also guess correctly the engine in picture 1 is a 394 cuber in the Olds?

Nando.

confusing...

kirban 2 cents worth

Your first answer both parts are wrong

Your second answer year is correct however model is wrong

Third answer you got both rite.

So, out of 6 answers you are half way there....and so is any one else that is reading this.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

happy 4th of July....I know in canada you have a 4th of July although not noted as a holiday.

another try:

1˚ 1963 Oldsmobile Starfire
2˚ 1966 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (or Super88, Starfire or Ninety Eight)...see note
3˚ 1960 Chevrolet Impala

note: About the second answer, just by looking at the picture, it's next to impossible to say for sure whether if it's a Dynamic, a Super, Starfire or even a Ninety-Eight as they all had the same fron end...:frown:...unless there's a tiny detail overlooked by everyone that could give out the answer... :rolleyes:

another try:

1˚ 1963 Oldsmobile Starfire
2˚ 1966 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (or Super88, Starfire or Ninety Eight)...see note
3˚ 1960 Chevrolet Impala

note: About the second answer, just by looking at the picture, it's next to impossible to say for sure whether if it's a Dynamic, a Super, Starfire or even a Ninety-Eight as they all had the same fron end...:frown:...unless there's a tiny detail overlooked by everyone that could give out the answer... :rolleyes:

kirban 2 cents worth

BINGO

You have nailed the years and the models....your rite the second car could be any one of several models this one was the starfire 425 cu in 375 hp according the the info on the windshield. These were all cars I spotted at GM at Carlisle the other week.

Send me a pm with which prize you wnt the 100th anniervsary GM book or the Palms gamblers token...your choice....

I will get another contest hopefully today as long as MR AMC Guy is around. As you can see this is quite a bit of work to keep things rolling but I enjoy it.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I have a request......for some reason I can't get an email to go to MR AMC Guy....

What I need is one of my regulars here to send me an pm with your email address so I can forward you the photo(s) of the next contest sometime later today and have you post it for me. Obviousily that person would not be able to participate in that contest. Plus its probably good I have a back up person as well.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I have a request......for some reason I can't get an email to go to MR AMC Guy....

What I need is one of my regulars here to send me an pm with your email address so I can forward you the photo(s) of the next contest sometime later today and have you post it for me. Obviousily that person would not be able to participate in that contest. Plus its probably good I have a back up person as well.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Send it to me Dennis and I'll post it up for you.

Send it to me Dennis and I'll post it up for you.

kirban 2 cents worth

I need you to send pm with your email address as I do not have it. Make you a deal since I owe you 1/2 of the touch & start put your address in pm also and for helping me I will send you the touch & start....

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

I need you to send pm with your email address as I do not have it. Make you a deal since I owe you 1/2 of the touch & start put your address in pm also and for helping me I will send you the touch & start....

kirban

PM to you Dennis. :cool:

kirban 2 cents worth

Giving everyone a heads up Evans has all the info for the next 6 part trivia which he will post later today...I think the problems where on my end as I had photos in a different format that would not let me email to anyone.

kirbanperformance.com

latest trivia contest

Posting this for Dennis:

kirban 2 cents worth

First, a special thanks to Evans problem may be on my end not Mr AMC with my emails.

Anyrate here goes the next trivia number #55 maybe

Last winner and any Turbo Buick employees can't play

Prize value $25

The photo of the car requires TWO correct answers in the same post year & model.

Photo two need the year and car make or model TWO correct answers in the same post.

Photo three just like photo 2 need correct year make or model inthe same post.

So, to be a winner you need 6 correct answers in the SAME single post.

As usual I will try and track them which as you know may tip off someone else that may be quicker on the draw.

the clock is ticking

kirbanperformance

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• Kirban#1.jpg
    Kirban#1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Kirban#2.jpg
    Kirban#2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Kirban#3.jpg
    Kirban#3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 151
Contest #57

Photo1 200? Ricer

Photo 2 Oldsmobile J2 setup 1957/58

Photo 3 Chevy 348 Tripower 1959/60

kirban 2 cents worth

MR AMC GUY has nailed #2 and #3 but not #1 neither has six banger hit it correctly 100% He is in the ball park..

kirbanperformance.com

happy 4th to everyone...

Attended 2 cruise events tonite one had the new SS Camaro in attendance other had a friend of mine was there with his new ZR1.....

I saw what had to be the neatest set of chrome air cleaners ever.....really trick. Company never made man of them. Cost around $100 each. On a street rod 4 carb set up.

Might make it a trivia question.....