The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Too bad I can't play as I nailed #1 (blue car) as soon as Dennis sent me the pic (confirmed by Dennis). :biggrin:

Contest #57

Photo1 1995 Pontiac Sunfire

Photo 2 Oldsmobile J2 setup 1957/58

Photo 3 Chevy 348 Tripower 1959/60

my SPID sticker for my TR- Dennis, please decode

I have a strangely optioned car that I really like:

Attachments

• TRSPID.JPG
    TRSPID.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 120
Contest #57

Photo1 1995 Pontiac Sunfire

kirban 2 cents worth

Mr AMC Guy still wrong on both parts of #1

Actually, I thought that would be an easy one as also noted by Evan who has to sit this one out.

Will break down the trunk label later.

kirbanperformance.com

Contest #57

Photo1 1991 Pontiac Gran Prix GTP Coupe

kirban 2 cents worth

good news/bad news.....

the bad news is still not the rite year Pontiac referring to sixbangers guess

the good news is eventually someone will hit the rite year

the game is still in play....

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

A look at Evans trunk ID label....code count 65 neat that its an even amount in row.

It has VD6 and VD7 the aluminum braces front & rear. It appears at least by my count on labels that have been posted that quite a number got those braces to save weight and give better gas mileage figures. VK3 front license bracket means it was destined to a state that requires front plates in most instances. If not on the car could be in a brown envelope in the trunk somewhere.

It got the high dollar radio UX1 a $504 option, UW4 concert sound door speaks $95, U75 power antenna,

I may be wrong on this as its hard to read but if the code is 28A car has or had a dark blue painted pinstripe a $45 option.

CC1 is for T-Tops should be the locking version a $895 option...and here is were it gets SUPER SUPER RARE by rare in all my years have only seen maybe 2 examples.

The code CO4....hard to read but Evans told me this....is the code for the OPTIONAL heavily padded Landau Top as GM called it a $260 option. The regular style padded landau top would have only been $200 option and would have had the code CB4.

Making it very rare is the fact it has T-Tops and the landau roof option both on the same car. Hopefully Evans will post a photo of his pride & joy and the rite angle so you can see the thickness of the landau top.

Another rare option is T87cornering lamps $57 option these would be in the front fenders. WIth that option and the landau roof option you could not get the black out kit (WO2).

Again tough to read but it appears to have 31Q which is a body side molding in dark blue which makes sense which was standard. It seems Buick only charged for the black ones....

Another rare option WF6....GM called it Exterior Molding Package includes wide rocker and belt reveal molding (standard on a Limited) $110.

My observations....Evans could attend any major Buick event and not worry about seeing a duplicate 1987 Turbo Regal. Whoever ordered this when it was new was really intent on ordering an unusual car.

It would appear at least to me that the original buyer opted for every exterior feature possible without the car being a Limited. Owner may have been going for the Cadillac look on a Buick budget? These are my opinion only. I apologize if I made an errors it is due to the codes being difficult to read correctly.

I welcome your comments Evan....I see no codes for floor mats.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Photo1 1993 Pontiac Gran Prix GTP Coupe

kirban 2 cents worth

Taking a break in contests....I thought I would share with my readers the air brush art work a friend of my son did about two years ago on my pole barn wall. The photo does not do it justice in detail or size. It measures about 10-12 feet long. Detail is excellent so good in fact you can read the GM alarm decal in the quarter glass in person. At the time he did this I had 2 real GNXs in the building so he could take notes. The flame fuel rail covers he also did on my 2000 Corvette seen in the second photo.

The air brush painting took over 50 hours to complete and was quite difficult in the beginning working out what paint to work with since he was used to working on helmets, boats etc not drywall that was painted beforehand.

The fuel rail covers requires a lot of prep work to make them smooth prior to any artwork you have done. He has also done work on my sons boat and as you can see is extremely talented.

This artwork will be a lasting impression as the years pass. The walls in my building are 12 feet high. My son even mounted the heater in the ceiling so their is no wasted floor space. Not shown is we cemented into the floor an actual Grand National emblem.

This may give you some ideas for your garage or pole building. If you have anything unique or different in your building go ahead and post a photo to share.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• GNX Mural (Medium).jpg
    GNX Mural (Medium).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Corvette Flame Art (Medium).jpg
    Corvette Flame Art (Medium).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 101
kirbaN

1992 PONTIAC Grand Prix
Olds J2 57/58
Chevy 348 tripower 59/60

car may be a Petty Edition (Petty blue)

kirban 2 cents worth

A look at Evans trunk ID label....code count 65 neat that its an even amount in row.

It has VD6 and VD7 the aluminum braces front & rear. It appears at least by my count on labels that have been posted that quite a number got those braces to save weight and give better gas mileage figures. VK3 front license bracket means it was destined to a state that requires front plates in most instances. If not on the car could be in a brown envelope in the trunk somewhere.

It got the high dollar radio UX1 a $504 option, UW4 concert sound door speaks $95, U75 power antenna,

I may be wrong on this as its hard to read but if the code is 28A car has or had a dark blue painted pinstripe a $45 option.

CC1 is for T-Tops should be the locking version a $895 option...and here is were it gets SUPER SUPER RARE by rare in all my years have only seen maybe 2 examples.

The code CO4....hard to read but Evans told me this....is the code for the OPTIONAL heavily padded Landau Top as GM called it a $260 option. The regular style padded landau top would have only been $200 option and would have had the code CB4.

Making it very rare is the fact it has T-Tops and the landau roof option both on the same car. Hopefully Evans will post a photo of his pride & joy and the rite angle so you can see the thickness of the landau top.

Another rare option is T87cornering lamps $57 option these would be in the front fenders. WIth that option and the landau roof option you could not get the black out kit (WO2).

Again tough to read but it appears to have 31Q which is a body side molding in dark blue which makes sense which was standard. It seems Buick only charged for the black ones....

Another rare option WF6....GM called it Exterior Molding Package includes wide rocker and belt reveal molding (standard on a Limited) $110.

My observations....Evans could attend any major Buick event and not worry about seeing a duplicate 1987 Turbo Regal. Whoever ordered this when it was new was really intent on ordering an unusual car.

It would appear at least to me that the original buyer opted for every exterior feature possible without the car being a Limited. Owner may have been going for the Cadillac look on a Buick budget? These are my opinion only. I apologize if I made an errors it is due to the codes being difficult to read correctly.

I welcome your comments Evan....I see no codes for floor mats.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here are a couple shots of the top. Sorry, but the car is alittle dirty right now. :redface: Yes, it does have the blue painted pinstripes but the blue body side mouldings are long gone. Didn't have factory mats when I got it but I scored a proper set in the correct blue (with GM seal on one of the mats and nubbed rear underside) at the Nationals about 10 years ago. I really love the cornering lights and they really do their job too! This car is definitely a sleeper car (love thechrometrim) and only those who really know what it is do a double take. I've never seen another like it and I've been with these cars since 1986 Here's a couple of pics with the heavy padded landau top. Careful eyes may notice I have the T tops off with windows up. One thing I think every T-Top G Body owner needs are the shades that block the glass on the tops. In the summer,that stops the greenhouse effect. Oh yeah,the Regal crest is original and on both sides of the landau top behind the opera windows. There's a matching design applique on the trunk deck that surrounds the keyhole to open the trunk.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 104
kirban 2 cents worth

One rare example that Evan owns...on a side note concerning the pin stripes...You might say Buick id an unusual format with them...by that I mean they break by the mirror on both doors. Logic you would think it would be one continuous stripe(s) like other GM models over the years (GTO for example) that is not the case...its also an error some owners make when they have them redone.

The best way to recognize the thicker padded roof is by the depth that you see in relationship tot he back window such as the photos Evan has posted here.

The squares around the trunk lock and by the quarter windows I have on my turbo T originally. I just kept the one by the trunk lock. Along with the shades as Evan suggested and I am sure he would agree the trunk brace kit is a must either the 4 brace kit or the single GNX style both of which we sell as do others.

One rare example.....that only gets rarer as each year passes.

kirbanprformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I will have someone post for me this really neat photo I took at one of the cruise things I attended the other nite. Car was a duplicate of the yellow coupe in American Graffiti movie (bodywise). The air cleaner set up was really slick. Engine had 4 staggered carbs on it and these custom made air cleaners.

The air cleaners were made from pistons. The owner said they were around $100 or more each but are no longer made. I doubt they made many of them as I had never seen them before.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Next trivia contest giving everyone a heads up. It will be posted tomorrow nite and will not have any photos.

It wil be Buick related.

It wil require 11 answers (I will provide 4 answers approximately 30%)

The prize value is $80 to $100

The prize is something I have never offered as a prize and its doubtful any players have this in their collection.

This contest will not be posted until sometime after 6 pm sunday nite. With 11 total required answers you will need to be quick as usual I will note wrong ones which may help someone else nail it.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Thanks to Mr AMC Guy for posting this for me.

Here is a close up shot of the chrome air cleaners on the street rod. This car was done right inside and out.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Attachments

• DK008 (Medium).JPG
    DK008 (Medium).JPG
    105 KB · Views: 107