The North

Here in TN our racetrack was open friday (62*) and saturday (49*) anything above 40* here and were racing! :)

Scot W.

I have been to gatlinburg about 50 times Scott. It is awsome there except the crowd. How far away is your track?

Hey Cliff they gettin nuts all got cabin fever no racin drivin them crazy.:eek: Don't worry though racin comin soon you goin to make Bg ?

Hey guys what the status on everyone cars mine gettin close couple more rolls of duct tape and the tie straps to hold tranny cooler lines:eek: :eek: :D :cool: and the motor !

Hey Roy good to hear from you. I'm still waiting for the motor to be finished. I need to finish routing the fuel lines.once the motor is in. I changed from a 1/2" line to a -10 to the motor and will split that to two -8's going to both sides of the rail. I was hitting as high as 96% duty cycle on 96lb injectors:eek: I've switched to a manual steering box and need to finish fabricating the alt. bracket. I need a new exhaust too. Mine rusted away sitting in the shop over the last two winters. I've the time too work on it lately cause the work truck went down (broke a piston with only 125000 miles on it) but its too cold to do so.
I "should" be at BG if they dont take too long to get my truck back up and running. It's cutting into racing funds sitting here on my but.

Hey Roy good to hear from you. I'm still waiting for the motor to be finished. I need to finish routing the fuel lines.once the motor is in. I changed from a 1/2" line to a -10 to the motor and will split that to two -8's going to both sides of the rail. I was hitting as high as 96% duty cycle on 96lb injectors:eek: I've switched to a manual steering box and need to finish fabricating the alt. bracket. I need a new exhaust too. Mine rusted away sitting in the shop over the last two winters. I've the time too work on it lately cause the work truck went down (broke a piston with only 125000 miles on it) but its too cold to do so.
I "should" be at BG if they dont take too long to get my truck back up and running. It's cutting into racing funds sitting here on my but.

I would get bigger injectors too. I think that with the money in you guys motors the added insurance of having a duty cycle of aprx 60% to 70% on bigger injectors is worth every penny. I am not sure that you are going to see a large decrease in the duty cycle by adding bigger fuel lines.

I would get bigger injectors too. I think that with the money in you guys motors the added insurance of having a duty cycle of aprx 60% to 70% on bigger injectors is worth every penny. I am not sure that you are going to see a large decrease in the duty cycle by adding bigger fuel lines.

I had the pump bushed down to a -10 on the suction and -8 on the the pressure side, should have been a -12 and a -10 which it is now. There was also some repair on the pressure side that got damaged during the roll cage install. I also run a lower static fuel pressure which helped with idle with larger injectors. If raising the fuel pressure and or the larger fuel lines don't help larger squirters will be next.

Hey Phil this is Randy ,Mr. Roy goes by just booost glad to here your coming back out though.

I have been to gatlinburg about 50 times Scott. It is awsome there except the crowd. How far away is your track?
It's One mile form my house :biggrin: I can hear them at the track right now while I hose down the driveway..

Scot W.

I had the pump bushed down to a -10 on the suction and -8 on the the pressure side, should have been a -12 and a -10 which it is now. There was also some repair on the pressure side that got damaged during the roll cage install. I also run a lower static fuel pressure which helped with idle with larger injectors. If raising the fuel pressure and or the larger fuel lines don't help larger squirters will be next.

Phil, the 120lb injectors I tuned on Daves car are a piece of cake to get the idle quality where you want it. I have Daves TSM engine idling smooth at 14.8:1 to 15.0:1 and his startup without IAC is great. No need to ever hit the gas when cranking.

If you go large don't be afraid of these injectors for sure.

Hope this helps.

Phil, the 120lb injectors I tuned on Daves car are a piece of cake to get the idle quality where you want it. I have Daves TSM engine idling smooth at 14.8:1 to 15.0:1 and his startup without IAC is great. No need to ever hit the gas when cranking.

If you go large don't be afraid of these injectors for sure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ted, Its not that I'm afraid of them. I think what I have will work. I just needed to straighten out the lines first. Dick has the same pump and injectors as I and his duty cycles were in the high 70's to low 80's on his 9.14 pass. I wish I had a dollar for every time I upgraded injectors though.

It's One mile form my house :biggrin: I can hear them at the track right now while I hose down the driveway..

Scot W.

Thats kool. I never thought there was a spot that flat there.
That gocart track there with all the tracks is fun.

Thats kool. I never thought there was a spot that flat there.
That gocart track there with all the tracks is fun.
Yeah it's pretty cool and expensive..

Adam will be bringing his car here for me to install a custom handmade trunk kit in his new TSM car. While it's here we might have to drive it to the track for some money racing before BG.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scot W.

Phone call?? From who?
I am not going to say but I affended someone I guess. It was a hoot while it lasted though.:D :D

Adam will be bringing his car here for me to install a custom handmade trunk kit in his new TSM car. While it's here we might have to drive it to the track for some money racing before BG.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scot W.

Let me know I am only 5 hours If it is not a southern secret testing..:D
I might rent a cabin down there.

Scot W.

I am not going to say but I affended someone I guess. It was a hoot while it lasted though.:D :D

Let me know I am only 5 hours If it is not a southern secret testing..:D
I might rent a cabin down there.

Can't wait Scot! For those that haven't noticed, Scot is now a vendor on the board. He has some great ideas for new products as well as some cool existing ones like the taillights.

Come on down Ronnie, we have no secrets around here, btw how's that tooth holding out?? :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Can't wait Scot! For those that haven't noticed, Scot is now a vendor on the board. He has some great ideas for new products as well as some cool existing ones like the taillights.

Come on down Ronnie, we have no secrets around here, btw how's that tooth holding out?? :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It is holding up great thanks for your concern. :D I trying to stay away from eating peanuts though.

Adam Looks like you might be the first TSM car with LED taillights!! :biggrin: Thanks again for all your help Bud I really appreciate it. Looking forward to having you here.

Lots of nice log cabins to rent here! :)

Scot W.

It is holding up great thanks for your concern. :D I trying to stay away from eating peanuts though.

Did you say "eating peanuts"? Cause if that's what you said, and it is, the next few jokes are bound to offend pretty much everybody on here! :D

I better stick to the banana jokes! Like, don't worry about the peanuts, I hear you like practicing on banana's anyway! :eek: