Test & Tune at Mason Dixon Dragway

Scott89TTA

A bunch of us went to Mason Dixon Dragway today for some Test & Tune.

Great day at the track...weather was awesome :cool:

Made 3 passes all @ 24psi, launched off the trans brake, 18psi in the DR's, "0" knock, O2's 790-800 every pass.

1st pass: about a 6-7 psi launch...started out good then I didn't know where the finish line was so I let out real early (1st time running at Mason Dixon) :redface:

60ft 1.768
330 4.923
1/8 7.595
mph 91.00

1000 9.931
1/4 12.327
mph 82.
74 :redface:

2nd pass: decided to try a 8-9 psi launch off the trans brake ended up ~10 psi...the car hooked nice!!! I did bump the shifter into OD and it shifted into OD near the end...I need a better shifter or a shift gate for sure.

60ft 1.571 :eek:
330 4.658
1/8 7.306
mph 90.81
1000 9.594
1/4 11.556
mph 116.22

Oh and my 1st 11 sec pass ever :biggrin:

3rd pass: stuck with the 10-11 psi launch...got a little loose and out of the grove got back in and still nice. It was getting cold...probably should have dropped the tire pressure a little...I did shift it right this time so still real happy!!!

60ft 1.578
330 4.690
1/8 7.354
mph 90.38
1000 9.652
1/4 11.631
mph 113.78

Thanks a bunch to Trent (ttafan) and Charlie for the coaching :cool:

Doug (1of1547) and Chris (Savagite) both had a good day with new best runs for each as well...Trent's TTA looked AWESOME as usual especialy with his new wheels & tires :cool:

-Scott

Man I wish I knew some guys were going over there!

You need to go to the MAGNA section over on the other board.We had two T/Rs and two TTAs. A third T/R would of been cool. Last weekend we all went to 75-80. I wanted to PM you to tell you, but as normal I forgot!!! :D

Congrats on you 11 sec pass Scott. It's a great feeling when your goals are finally met!!! :cool: :D You can ask anybody that was at BPG about my happy dance when Old Reliable went 10.99!!! :D It was not pretty. :eek:

Great job on making it into the 11's Scott! I know you've been knockin' on that door for a long time..... But you didn't just open the door up and walk in, you kicked it down!:eek: I couldn't watch every pass because I was in my car, but Charlie did, and he said on your 11.50 pass, you looked like a pro!:cool: The patients and hard work payed off. Can't wait to meet up and do it again with all you guys. We had a pretty cool little group, sittin' over in the corner on our laptops after every pass.LOL!:cool:

Great job, those 60 fts are coming around. Can't wait for you to get some 1.40s it feels like someone is standing on your chest. I wish I could figure out what going on with my car:mad: I'm jealous.:)

Attachments

• Doug burnout big.jpg
    Doug burnout big.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Scott staging big.jpg
    Scott staging big.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Scott 10 psi launch big.jpg
    Scott 10 psi launch big.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 290
Here's a couple more of Trent's TTA (ttafan) with his new shoes :cool: and Trent and me in line...how often do you get to see two TTA's at the same time :cool:

Attachments

• Trent's-TTA.jpg
    Trent's-TTA.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Trent-&-Scott.jpg
    Trent-&-Scott.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 311

Hell yeah...it was awesome :biggrin:

You make me want to use my tbrake and let it rip just once pass...

I am done modding the car. Julio, JD, and Rob talked me out of doing anything else. It's either t-brake and 10 second pass or no 10 second pass for me.

Jason

Man, I wish I would have had time to remove the cheesy white lettering from the tires before I came to the track.:rolleyes: I did that today and she looks soooo much better. I literally, just got finished mounting them before I came to the track.... That picture of your car during takeoff is one that I would blow up and frame. Really Cool.:)

Man, I wish I would have had time to remove the cheesy white lettering from the tires before I came to the track.:rolleyes: I did that today and she looks soooo much better. I literally, just got finished mounting them before I came to the track.... That picture of your car during takeoff is one that I would blow up and frame. Really Cool.:)

yeah...I wish it didn't have so much shadows but still a great pic for sure :)

Should give Bill Anderson some props here since all 4 of our cars were either built and or tuned by Bill :cool:

ttafan (Trent) built by Anderson 10? @ 13?
1of1547 (Doug) tuned by Anderson 10.58 @131
Savageite (Chris) tuned by Anderson 11.70 @ 114
Scott89TTA (me) tuned by Anderson 11.55 @116

Glad you guys were all out there racing and having fun! Doug is now running on pump gas what he ran on race fuel with more to go! Trents car WILL run a number on a conservative tune. Wasnt Chris' car in the 13's last time out? Congrats on your new best Scott ( I told you I know my dyno! LOL)

Glad you guys were all out there racing and having fun! Doug is now running on pump gas what he ran on race fuel with more to go! Trents car WILL run a number on a conservative tune. Wasnt Chris' car in the 13's last time out? Congrats on your new best Scott ( I told you I know my dyno! LOL)

Hey Bill,

Doug has a failing posi unit almost a peg leg...so he wasn't hooking like he should but his car should fly when he gets it all ironed out. Trent was kind of doing some shakedown runs for the most part with his new shoes and SLIC...his new IC is pretty low so he was really sweating it hitting the ground. Yeah I think so about Chris' car...he would have done even better but he had some vacuum line leak/issues and on top of that his Alky kit wasn't working either. He ran some race fuel instead and added a little fuel in the chip, after that his O2's were good. He also has a new trans and converter that seemed to do the trick as well. I am still excited about my 11.55 run and that 1.57 60ft felt awesome :biggrin:

Thanks,
Scott