First test on new combo...more injector or voltage boost to pump?

Might want to also try a mechanical fuel pressure gauge mounted on the hood so you can see real time results. Isn't there a way he can test the pump with maybe some regulated air to the regulator to simulate boost?

Raising base fuel psi isn't gonna help fuel psi drop off under boost, it should get worse.

One question, how low can you turn your fuel pressure down with the engine running and vacuum Lin off the regulator?

Grounded where?
I had all gauges grounded to one spot under the dash (before you say it, I already know haha)
Moving the ground to where Bob recommended helped the SCMG readings. It the same as PLX now.
I relocated the PLX module ground, SCMG, and FP transducer grounds.

Might want to also try a mechanical fuel pressure gauge mounted on the hood so you can see real time results. Isn't there a way he can test the pump with maybe some regulated air to the regulator to simulate boost?
I have the FP transducer and mechanical gauge mounted on the end of braided fuel line. I was gonna flip it around and put under my wiper next test session.

Raising base fuel psi isn't gonna help fuel psi drop off under boost, it should get worse.
Hoping to correct the IDC being 91.5. Also hoping the 1:1 FP rise issue is just a bad ground problem showing up on the FP transducer readings. We'll see?

One question, how low can you turn your fuel pressure down with the engine running and vacuum Lin off the regulator?
I've never tried taking it lower than 45psi. Don't know how low it will go.

Last edited:
After making the FP changes (45psi to 50psi) Nick M advised me to do and taking for a drive it actually runs and drives much smoother.

After making the ground changes Bob B advised to my SCMG, PLX, and FP transducer, the SCMG gauge now reads exactly the same as the PLX module. Hopefully this was the issue with the 1:1 rise not being there with the FP transducer since they were grounded together.

I'll let ya know what happens next track session. Bracket racing test and tune is Friday night, if weather holds out I'm going to try and go. Not any real good places to try 130 mph pulls in Bristol TN (at 42 years old anyway lmao) other than the dragstrip! Lol.

After making the FP changes (45psi to 50psi) Nick M advised me to do and taking for a drive it actually runs and drives much smoother.

After making the ground changes Bob B advised to my SCMG, PLX, and FP transducer, the SCMG gauge now reads exactly the same as the PLX module. Hopefully this was the issue with the 1:1 rise not being there with the FP transducer since they were grounded together.

I'll let ya know what happens next track session. Bracket racing test and tune is Friday night, if weather holds out I'm going to try and go. Not any real good places to try 130 mph pulls in Bristol TN (at 42 years old anyway lmao) other than the dragstrip! Lol.
Did the fp rise 1 to1 when you drove it?

Also when your readings are different from the power logger and a gauge you could have the wrong offsets programmed in your powerlogger. Sometimes your ecm isn't putting out exactly 5.00 Volts so you have to get the exact reading directly from the ecm with a volt meter and then update your power logger .

Did the fp rise 1 to1 when you drove it?
I don't know for sure yet, I just drove it around to see how it reacted to 50psi FP in normal driving conditions and to verify SCMG was showing same readings as PowerLogger and PLX module. No boosting yet.
As soon as I can, I'll try and let you know.

I don't know for sure yet, I just drove it around to see how it reacted to 50psi FP in normal driving conditions and to verify SCMG was showing same readings as PowerLogger and PLX module. No boosting yet.
As soon as I can, I'll try and let you know.
(y)

You haven't proven that you have a fuel delivery problem yet. Even if you don't and your pump is keeping up,it will flow much more at 16 volts giving you more cushion. Even if your pump is keeping up,your computer and ignition will love the extra voltage of a volt booster. I like the Red Armstrong booster because it doesn't tie into the TPS voltage.
What brand fuel filter?

You haven't proven that you have a fuel delivery problem yet. Even if you don't and your pump is keeping up,it will flow much more at 16 volts giving you more cushion. Even if your pump is keeping up,your computer and ignition will love the extra voltage of a volt booster. I like the Red Armstrong booster because it doesn't tie into the TPS voltage.
What brand fuel filter?
AC Delco filter. Been on there a 3-4 of years. Less than 1000 miles on it but I was going to replace it too, just in case.

I've read both ways on here (it has been several years since I researched it tho??) about using voltage boosters and alky. That's why I was considering the KB Boost a pump since it only hit the FP.

AC Delco filter. Been on there a 3-4 of years. Less than 1000 miles on it but I was going to replace it too, just in case.

I've read both ways on here (it has been several years since I researched it tho??) about using voltage boosters and alky. That's why I was considering the KB Boost a pump since it only hit the FP.
My first thought is to be a little more certain that there is a fuel pressure problem. That transducer should be accurate,but it would be nice to look at a gauge. If your pressure is low,something has to be done to bring it up. New injectors won't accomplish this. I thought that a volt booster would be the least expensive way to find out that more voltage was effective and that it wouldn't be wasting money because it brings something good to the ignition and injector drivers. The easiest first thing to do is to change the filter. If that doesn't work,the next step is voltage. I'm wanting to come up with a way to generate the needed voltage to be sure before spending bigger money and finding out you have another underlying problem. A 12 volt battery and a six volt battery in series comes to mind,but most people don't have 6 volt batteries laying around.