Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

Stock heads and cam here too. 10's this summer or bust!

Cool. I just don't like the TTA heads, and this ATR 2.5 down pipe tho. Other than this, I love the car.

I got my stock engine in my 86 TType to run 7.0X @ 98mph. So, I'm going to try the same things with this car. I'm still learning about the suspension set up on these cars. I'm working on getting this sorted out now.

So far I have LCA's, adjustable pan hard bar. I just ordered - Lakewood 90/10 and 50/50 drag shocks. They will go on next Tuesday.

I still need to order a pass side airbag. Other than this, I will tune the heck out of it for Max potential. I want that 10sec pass!

Trying to follow in you guy's foot steps... Lol

The GN head will hold a gasket better, but it doesn't flow more. I have compared recent data logs to some older ones when my car ran 10.3x. It's certainly more powerful now, so I don't think that there is a definite "brick wall" ET where the head is absolurely done. I guarantee that 9's are doable.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cool. I just don't like the TTA heads, and this ATR 2.5 down pipe tho. Other than this, I love the car.

I got my stock engine in my 86 TType to run 7.0X @ 98mph. So, I'm going to try the same things with this car. I'm still learning about the suspension set up on these cars. I'm working on getting this sorted out now.

So far I have LCA's, adjustable pan hard bar. I just ordered - Lakewood 90/10 and 50/50 drag shocks. They will go on next Tuesday.

I still need to order a pass side airbag. Other than this, I will tune the heck out of it for Max potential. I want that 10sec pass!

Trying to follow in you guy's foot steps... Lol
Last year I was getting my 1.48 60' times with stock control arms, an adjustable pan hard bar, and a Spohn torque arm. Stock rear springs, and some $18 rear shocks.

The GN head will hold a gasket better, but it doesn't flow more. I have compared recent data logs to some older ones when my car ran 10.3x. It's certainly more powerful now, so I don't think that there is a definite "brick wall" ET where the head is absolurely done. I guarantee that 9's are doable.

Exactly... Im trying to prove the theory wrong. But we do have many examples....I believe we both have the potential to run the 9, but we have to run it first. From what I have heard, the head will either lift, or the boost will have no effect on ET. At least 4-5 people on this board have experienced it. Of course this is many years ago, so our technology is much better today.

There may be a point where higher boost sees diminishing returns. You have to figure you are making at least close to 700 horse at the crank to get into the low 10's and these motors probabaly only made about 130-140 NA from the factory. lol

Similar story here, mine had all stock suspension except torque arm and "O'Reilly's Special" shocks and went 1.45 60' on 275 radial tires.

Wow, maybe I should have spent the money elsewhere that I just spent on suspension parts. Ahhhh, Oh, well...live and learn. But, on a good note, the suspension was pretty tired and worn out anyway, So it will be nice to have a bit smoother ride when going on long cruises. I'm sure it will hook hard at the track too.

This is also good news to me about the heads on out cars. Wow, running 10.30's is sick! Man, I would like to just get into the 10's with a little luck, and being patient tuning it. You guys cars are amazing!

I haven't test the theory of course.. but even a mph like 135 isn't enough in a TTA to go 9's. The car can't 60' hard enough.

Unless you lighten it up a bunch then it's possible.

Bo, this thread it great. Glad to see you back and in style.

Car looks great!

turbow6 car always impresses me too!

Joe

Joe, you know what my goal is for my car...lol I think it was a year ago or more when I said 1.3x. Well, im gonna get there, but its just going to be on the back wheels...lol
My second video of me pulling the wheels was spinning and a 1.59 60ft. I can actually take people for a ride without worrying about going into a ditch now and thats exactly what I wanted. This is another reason I am really happy with the cars suspension setup. It plain hooks.

Did a couple street hits today. Front end extends all the way and plants the tires with little to no spin and it hooks hard. I need to get some video of this next time. Oh, and I didnt change anything.

Did a couple street hits today. Front end extends all the way and plants the tires with little to no spin and it hooks hard. I need to get some video of this next time. Oh, and I didnt change anything.
Do you think you can make it out to Byron one of these weekends?

I might be able to. I would definitely take the trailer, but I haven't set my truck up to pull it yet.

Cool beans man. You have Lakewood 90/10's up front right?

I recently installed the Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50 shocks and noticed an immediate difference. Street manner and handling isn't bad at all either.