Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Took the car to the track for a baseline.
1st run 1/4 mile...I launched at around 12psi boost and spun hard letting up and getting back into it. Ran 24mph on the split and I let up way early because RPM was at 6k.So I aborted that run at least 100ft before the finish line. Im not gonna give the coulda woulda shoulda deal. The numbers are what im giving off this time slip. All other numbers on this slip are skewed, but it gave me a rough idea.

2nd pass 1/8 mile... I went off the foot brake...Jabbed the throttle.
60ft- 2.08
1/8-7.86
MPH-95.13

3rd run 1/8 mile... I got 5psi on the launch
60ft-1.855
1/8-7.54
MPH-95.28

This was on crappy M/T ET streets and 93/alky
Peak boost was 19psi but only for a couple frames.... most frames were 18-18.5 psi
Timing was low at 18°. I havent messed with it yet.
Thought I would share because I dont feel like texting 100 different people..lol
Oh, my brother got video too. Ill see if I can get that from his Iphone.

Good job Bo! Only gonna get faster from here! Can't wait till you're running e85!

Thanks Dave. Will be doing the swap next week. Still gotta figure out the low voltage issue tho. Thats another reason for the 1/8 mile passes. Car pulls really hard .....That last run was a 12.20 @92 mph in the 1/4...lol

TTA track pic.JPG

Nice runs. I had a run like your 12.2 run expect mine was do to the hood coming up lol, thankfully the secondary caught 10.8 at 85 lol. Do you have a trans brake??? If so use it I couldn't 60' my car for shit with out it. Keep working at it

Nice runs. I had a run like your 12.2 run expect mine was do to the hood coming up lol, thankfully the secondary caught 10.8 at 85 lol. Do you have a trans brake??? If so use it I couldn't 60' my car for shit with out it. Keep working at it

Sweet!
No. I launch from the Ebrake. I got 12psi on the first pass and spun the tires hard. Dropped pressure from 20 to 19 and started to stick it a little more. Never ran the DR's before, so just figuring out tire pressure too. Im gonna start out at 18 next time.
Got my Spohn torque arm yesterday, so now I can adjust pinion angle.
Whats your 60ft times like with the brake? oh, and what kind of brake?

1.48 on old slicks was using a 200r stage right. I now have a th400 but haven't been to the track. wish I would have known you needed a torqur arm I have a spohn just didn't put it up for sale yet. I live about 3 mins from there shop.

I bought it from another board member here pretty cheap. But i'll keep an eye out and see who needs one.
I will eventually go with a TH400 and GN heads when I push this car to the edge of 25psi. My butts going to be puckering with high timing and boost on these heads. I guess we'll see how good Weber heads are. I dont know a single other TTA with them.

Update:
Still limited to 1/8 mile because my tires are too small with this gearing.
Things I changed:
Swapped duttneck for stretch IC
Converted to E85
Bumped timing to 24,23
16psi in DR's
Got 3 runs

The car is dead on consistent and so is my letting off crossing the 1/8th mile marker and coasting ...lol
None of the runs had the converter locked. I'm not ready for that yet. But my times sure would look good if I did!
I swear I got some air under the DS wheel on a couple launches... My video camera has a small screen, so Im downloading all the runs on the PC tomorrow.
All on 18psi boost.
Had a lot of fun tonight!

I know.. Every time I think I don't have to spend another dime on this car, something always comes up. I have a line on a full set of draglites and tires, so I may be out again sooner than later. There's a BOP race coming up and I can scale my car this time. Wouldn't let me tonight.

After checking the video out, I noticed she launches nasty. Im gonna start playing with air bag pressure so I can get it evened out.
I was launching at 12-15psi.

I had a gopro on my helmet as you can see in the first pic. I gotta get that footage from my brother. First pass was the only run I got to record on it because I kept forgetting to turn it on.