Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

Thanks Brett,
Tomorrow I plan to test it all out. Fronts are tight too. I do have air bags on both sides,so I'm not too concerned. It's just the clearance of the brake caliper fins and inside well. I heard the et streets grow easily, so I'll make sure I have enough room at first. Nothing is ever easy...lol...

I just put new tires on my car too. I like the look but if I could just shave some width here and add a little height there I'd be real happy. Unfortunately it's not that easy. Good luck and take it slow at first. I left the shop and forgot to put air in my bags and tapped the right rear tire with the quarter lip. Luckily it's right where the tire is seamed and not noticeable.

Thanks Brett,
Tomorrow I plan to test it all out. Fronts are tight too. I do have air bags on both sides,so I'm not too concerned. It's just the clearance of the brake caliper fins and inside well. I heard the et streets grow easily, so I'll make sure I have enough room at first. Nothing is ever easy...lol...
Well how are things looking?

Your car looks great with the draglites. My favorite on the Turbo TA. Do you think you are going to have an issue with the clearance between the front calipers and draglites. ???

I know the Weld RT-S wheels are made for large brakes. They look very nice on 3rd gen too.

Joe

Your car looks great with the draglites. My favorite on the Turbo TA. Do you think you are going to have an issue with the clearance between the front calipers and draglites. ???

I know the Weld RT-S wheels are made for large brakes. They look very nice on 3rd gen too.

Joe

I dont seem to have an issue Joe. The rears on the other hand.

I laughed uncontrollably when I first took it out of the garage. The tires are so wide from the rear you think its tubbed.

Well how are things looking?

Its still tight. I may have 1/4" up in the front area. I didnt get to take it out today, just in the driveway. Feels like im floating with so much sidewall.
My next purchase is some step bars:D

I'm sure there's more guys doing what we are, just wish they were posting on here! E85# Pioneers#Weneedmorelikeus#

We are a dying breed.
All along with the GN crowd. No denying this website lost a ton of people while I was gone. Those people were true assets to the turbobuick community. This website is more of a social media type format and lots of guys just don't post because of it. There's only a hand full of people on this planet truly enjoying these cars as we do. I consider myself fortunate to own and enjoy at the same time. I couldn't say that about my low mile cloth car.

Bo knows Turbo TA's.

Joe

I have to thank you Joe for turning me on to the SD chips. I just ordered E85 SD2 for next season. You also turned me on to the billet turbos.
I had to catch up on technology over the phone with this guy. :p Thanks again for all the info Joe! You made it easy for me to jump back in the swing of things!

Just saw the vid; that's great. Cordova? Love your car and jealous of the cloth one. My buddy sold a hardtop cloth one a few years back and I wish I could have picked it up. Someday. You inspire me though. If I ever get it, I'm driving it as much as I can before I die; just like my current car. Keep up the good work and great job letting other people see these cars out and about.

Thanks Matt,
Ya, that was Cordova. I swear everytime I go to the track someone comes up to me and says they have one or know someone that does. Then, I get GN guys that have never seen or heard of one??? lol
Ya, these cars are meant to be fast. Im not a purest, but I couldnt cut up #14 cloth. Way to nice for that. This car is perfect for racing. Im not a show car guy at all. I'll drive up in a crappy looking jalopy and bust off some sweet times and drive home. cant beat that feeling.
Was that hardtop cloth Bob's?

Thanks Matt,
Ya, that was Cordova. I swear everytime I go to the track someone comes up to me and says they have one or know someone that does. Then, I get GN guys that have never seen or heard of one??? lol
Ya, these cars are meant to be fast. Im not a purest, but I couldnt cut up #14 cloth. Way to nice for that. This car is perfect for racing. Im not a show car guy at all. I'll drive up in a crappy looking jalopy and bust off some sweet times and drive home. cant beat that feeling.
Was that hardtop cloth Bob's?

Yep. He's a good friend of mine.

...I swear everytime I go to the track someone comes up to me and says they have one or know someone that does. Then, I get GN guys that have never seen or heard of one??? lol...

That's why I love them so much. I rode in one the same time period that I rode in my Buick I now own, and was always amazed that GM built the fastest TA ever with a V6. Always wanted one since but had to have a black car first. Still working on the white one, but my love of old 911's needs to be satisfied first. And the wife wants a 911 too so that obviously plays a part. But I swear I will own a hardtop TTA yet. I'm fine with lthr or cloth but I have a thing for the solid roof.