Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

Im friends with Bob too!
He bought one of my old TTA's in 05-06. I bought it back in 07-08 blown up, but I had big plans for it.Ended up selling it because lost my job. I seen his GNX and Hardtop TTA.
Im not a big Ttop guy, but its what I can afford..lol
I will give you a ride sometime. We all need to get together and have some fun at the track for sure.

Im friends with Bob too!
He bought one of my old TTA's in 05-06. I bought it back in 07-08 blown up, but I had big plans for it.Ended up selling it because lost my job. I seen his GNX and Hardtop TTA.
I will give you a ride sometime. We all need to get together and have some fun at the track for sure.

I met him shortly after he blew your car up! I only remember ever seeing it on jack stands. He trades cars a lot.

Your almost there Dave. I watched your vid again and it blows me away how fast that car is off the line!lol
Still driven the black one?
Yes! I'm driving it to work tomorrow! It's supposed to rain too. I'll drive it till there's snow on the ground.

Finally worked on the car today. Got 1/4" wheel spacers on with ARP 1/2 20 3" studs holding the wheels in place. I feel much better going to a stronger stud that goes all the way through the wheel.

After fixing the IC, adding the SD2 chip, and a lot of small things, The boost is instant from a dead stop(y) My boost is climbing before my foot is all the way down to full TPS. My last log showed this all in 1 second. I have the bigger housing just sitting here begging to go on..lol:joyful:

ET bias Street tires are a pain to deal with, but they hook on ice. I am finally able to stand on it from a stop. The diameter is 4'' greater than the other radials I had and I have like 6'' total more rubber hitting the pavement now, so I expected to hook a little better.

My goal for this year is to get a lot of video, so stay tuned.

After fixing the IC, adding the SD2 chip, and a lot of small things, The boost is instant from a dead stop(y) My boost is climbing before my foot is all the way down to full TPS. My last log showed this all in 1 second. I have the bigger housing just sitting here begging to go on..lol:joyful:

ET bias Street tires are a pain to deal with, but they hook on ice. I am finally able to stand on it from a stop. The diameter is 4'' greater than the other radials I had and I have like 6'' total more rubber hitting the pavement now, so I expected to hook a little better.

My goal for this year is to get a lot of video, so stay tuned.
I see wheels up in your near future!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That would be nice Dave.
I had a fun day of tuning today. SD2 is crazy cool tho. You gotta get one.

18-19 psi run hard on the brakes after letting out at a corrected 100mph.
Minimal spinning in 1/2. I used to lay 100ft of rubber with 26'' M/T Drag radials at this boost level.
Audio is crappy because my mount is loose.

Last edited:
Minimal spinning in 1/2. I used to lay 100ft of rubber with 26'' M/T Drag radials at this boost level.
Twenty five p s i! twenty five p s i!

Sure thing Dave:D(y) 25 it is.....Tomorrow. I gotta change this oil. I have been beating the :poop: out of this car. Though I will say that it has been fun because of these tires.

Sure thing Dave:D(y) 25 it is.....Tomorrow. I gotta change this oil. I have been beating the :poop: out of this car. Though I will say that it has been fun because of these tires.
That's awesome! I can't wait to see some numbers out of it. That things a beast!

SD chip just smoother with the timing or why do you think that is?

Im friends with Bob too!

Just thinking. Are you going to Byron on June 8th for the midwest meet Benny and Prasad are doing? I want to go the whole weekend, but I don't think I can do it this year. Power tour is that week after and I'm going to roll Bettendorf on Thursday to the Dells on Friday. Let me know if you're going to either.

I only ever saw that TTA of yours after it was blown up.

I think Cordova is about the only place im gonna hit. I wish I could get out more, but I just cant. Ya, that TTA went to Canada and I havnt seen it since.

IMG_1200.JPG
SD chip just smoother with the timing or why do you think that is?
I swapped to a 30'' tall slick thats 12.5'' wide;)

Ah, Strange Dana 60 with 3.54 gears explains that. Don't think the stock rear and gears would like a 30" tall tire.