Stock GN TE-60 11.78 @ 115

Qwkspool

Just went to the track last night for the 2nd time ever with the car. Last time was with the stock turbo and I went 12.47 @ 106.7. Only change this time around was a used TE-60 and a 6.1 TT chip replacing the 5.7 TT I had. I ran 27-28 psi with 24 degrees of timing in 1st/2nd and 21 degrees in 3rd. I included a powerlogger file to see if anyone had any input. The car has stock wheels with 255/60/15 ET Streets and a stock suspension except for maybe lowering springs in the front? Stock tranny and stock converter. Car has 131k miles on it and I drove it 130 miles each way to the track! I did 7 runs and still averaged 16.8 mpg. Gotta love these cars.

60--------1.772
330------4.878
1/8-------7.522
MPH-----92.31
1000-----9.825

ET-------11.782

MPH----115.09

I know I need to get that 60 footer down. I think the front being lowered isn't helping me. I was also launching off the e-brake. I think around 8-10 psi.

Attachments

• 2.dat
    134.4 KB · Views: 176
Nice, what was the combo with the stock turbo?...thanks Mike

Nice meeting you at the track. I was glad to see you run your number! You need some stall to get the boost up for launch.

Wow, what most amazing to me is that you did that with those tires..WOW!! Nice numbers, thanks for sharing!!

Nice, what was the combo with the stock turbo?...thanks Mike
Thanks guys. It is a little lazy out of the hole. I posted identical 60 ft times last time with the stock turbo. The set up with the stock turbo was the same in the sig minus the TE-60 and I had a 5.7 TT chip.

Pronto- It was nice meeting you also. Same goes to v8killer if you read this.

I've cut many 1.5/6s with that same size MT.

Wow that's amazing with the D5. How much boost are you are you able to build? Do you find the emerg brake works good at holding the car?

I was launching at 8-10 lbs. I've held up to 12-14 lbs in my driveway but I'm sure doing a burnout without a line lock gets the brakes hot.

Ya, we noticed your burnout could have been a little longer. We use the 1, 1000, 2, 1000, 3, 1000 then roll out method. Easy to do with a line lock.

What do you think my next step should be? Suspension/wheels? Or the trans and converter? I'm assuming I have enough engine stuff to get into the 11.3/5 range with a better launch

Trans/converter will be more bang. Suspension would be lower control arms and swaybar which would be cheaper. I started with the suspension when I first got my car. My trans started failing at 12 flat.

Last edited:
Congrats, and nice to meet you the other night.

Nice clean car, you will have to let us know when you are going up again.

I will. Probably won't be till next season now. How strict is the track on the roll bar rule? Is it one and done or do they give you a chance to slow it down?

They will tell you to slow down or don't run. I got talked to when I ran a 11.49 last year. In the past we did a track rental and I ran an 11.3 and they didn't bother me but that was several years ago. They are tougher now.

Thanks guys. I'm just really happy that I have a street car that's comfortable, quiet, and a 11 second car after a 130 mile road trip! And 131k miles on it to boot. You see all these guys go down the track making all sorts of noise and no where near the 11s.