Ted A. new record?

BADNEWZ

Ted A., in his TSO legal car, laid down a 8.19 @ 171.73, yesterday. I think that is a new mph record for a production style headed buick v6. I know D'alessandro/KenneBell went fast, with M&A heads, but that car was really light, I think Teds car is around 3400 lbs.
Either way, Teds number is pretty impressive for a guy getting it done, pretty much by himself, out of his own garage.

TSO should be interesting this year for once. Congrats Ted, that's floaten....

Wow!!!

That is one hell of an achievement, congrats Ted! :biggrin:

I know you can feel the excitement of a 7 sec. time slip, and I wish you all the best to get there.

I know of some back-half GN's that weigh 500#'s less, and have NOT been there yet.

Patience, attention to details and of course $$$$ all help make it happen, and of course the right combination of engine, car and driver all need to come together. :smile:

Thanks guys. We made a change to the car and went back out with the same tuneup that was in the car from Norwalk. 8.19 @ 171.09 out of the trailer. The crazy thing is you think you are going to know when you have ran your best when you cross the finish line, but I never knew I ran my first 8 when I crossed the finish line as well as my 8.5's, 8.4's and from 8.4's I never ran a 8.3 and went into the 8.2's and never knew it till I got my timeslip. It's times like this when you wish you were the guy who saw the lights come on at the end of the track instead of being the last to know. I knew the run felt good, but I was surprised when I saw the .19 @ 171+ considering we haven't run the boost higher than we ran last year to go way slower. Anyways, I hope to get back out and start leaning on things a little more, but I will say that 171+ is a hell of a ride on the big end.

Congrats Ted that is awesome news. Did you get that on video? Keep at it buddy, 7"s are around the corner.

Thanks Cal.... :cool:

John, we are still running 28x10.5S tires from last season. A fresh set of radials were in the truck. We'll try them out sometime soon.

Thanks Cal.... :cool:

John, we are still running 28x10.5S tires from last season. A fresh set of radials were in the truck. We'll try them out sometime soon.

I think the radials will feel much better up top.
It could take a couple hits to get the launch down though.
Good luck next time out.