Street outlaws

Just watched it last night. Good job. The maveric was all over the road too. I see no one mentioned the Buick powered Ratsun!

Yes the Ratsun uses a junkyard stock 3800 Buick V6 with some sort of junkyard turbo. It runs high 6's in the 1/8. He actually blew the motor up a few days before filming and went to the local yard, bought that motor for about $300 and stuck it in, just in time to leave.

that's still a ton of power to get a/b on a road.no ballist is an interesting rule also.

If you've watched SO for a while you might remember a white Mustang that rolled several times on the show. He had loose dumb bells in the trunk for weight. When he rolled all those weights crashed through the rear fire wall and bounced around inside the car. Luckily he wasn't hit. After that they strictly enforce the NHRA ballast rule. An actual inspector went over the car prior to the race, even checked the neutral safety switch.

Yes the Ratsun uses a junkyard stock 3800 Buick V6 with some sort of junkyard turbo. It runs high 6's in the 1/8. He actually blew the motor up a few days before filming and went to the local yard, bought that motor for about $300 and stuck it in, just in time to leave.
That's frikin awesome.

If you've watched SO for a while you might remember a white Mustang that rolled several times on the show. He had loose dumb bells in the trunk for weight. When he rolled all those weights crashed through the rear fire wall and bounced around inside the car. Luckily he wasn't hit. After that they strictly enforce the NHRA ballast rule. An actual inspector went over the car prior to the race, even checked the neutral safety switch.
It's hard to disagree with that.
AG.

LOL guys. Thanks.

It was like that for the OKC guys as well. They use the home court advantage and the element of surprise when they travel. They make sure your interested but you only have a couple days notice so there really no time to prepare. In our case they wouldn't even tell us the location. We figured it would be at the pad and planned to test Friday night but was told they were moving the filming location elsewhere....but they didn't. And they all tested on Friday night. We knew the deck was stacked against us but it was more about the experience.

The cars on the show with us are 5.30-5.40 cars on the street. I had never had my boost under 14psi when it ran 4.81 at 153 so I just guessed 8psi which is what I usually launch at would be close. To further kill it I pulled 15 degrees of timing and was really aiming at just going a-b and hoping it was enough. If I made a clean pass and got out run I was fine with that. I had no idea it would still be to much power for the road and was surprised when I tested it at the track that it still went over 140mph.

Dusty,
How much different do you think your car would have ran on the OKC "street" ? From a viewers point of view it looks closer to a prepped track surface or at least as well prepped as the tracks up here were I race.
AG.

they want to call this street racing then ditch the wheelie bars. no street cars have wheelie bars. there has to be some resemblance of a street car if ur gonna call it "Street racing". wat next? nitro cars on the street? its getting a little ridiculous imo

they want to call this street racing then ditch the wheelie bars. no street cars have wheelie bars....

There is a second gen Camaro in my town that has a tunnel ram, dual carbs, chrome wheelie bars out back & 20" wheels! :vomit: :ROFLMAO:

lol and let me guess he plays fast and furious on his flip down screen inside his car:joyful:

There is a second gen Camaro in my town that has a tunnel ram, dual carbs, chrome wheelie bars out back & 20" wheels! :vomit: :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately... There are some real poser clown cars in this area.

Another Camaro story... This one is a first gen. Nice restored car, fresh red paint, black interior. Just a nice small block street cruiser. The new owner bought a bunch of polished aluminum diamond plate & fashioned some foot pedals, floor mats & various trim pieces. Then he proceeded to drill & rivet them into place. The cherry on top, was that he then took a large fire extinguisher & chained it down to the passenger side diamond plate floor mat/footwell. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: !!!

I just checked on demand for the Discovery channel through my cable provider but I can't find that episode. Perhaps this week needs to subside first before they throw it up to be able to watch it on demand. I had no idea Dusty was racing, does anyone have a youtube clip of it by any chance? Dusty, is there still talk of Tuff Enuff behind the scenes, or is he essentially a forgone conclusion at this point...?

I just checked on demand for the Discovery channel through my cable provider but I can't find that episode. Perhaps this week needs to subside first before they throw it up to be able to watch it on demand. I had no idea Dusty was racing, does anyone have a youtube clip of it by any chance? Dusty, is there still talk of Tuff Enuff behind the scenes, or is he essentially a forgone conclusion at this point...?

Does your area offer the "Full Throttle" episodes? In my area it is shown prior the each new episode. It is basically a re-run of the previous weeks episode.

Mikie sent me these pics of the car. love the 3800!
IMG_2526.jpg
IMG_2527.jpg

Dusty,
How much different do you think your car would have ran on the OKC "street" ? From a viewers point of view it looks closer to a prepped track surface or at least as well prepped as the tracks up here were I race.
AG.

The first 60-80 ft at the pad is as good as any road the OKC guys race on. It's the bare asphalt after that where the issues begin. I'm sure I can go right down a concrete surface just by listening to the guys and how much different the surfaces are. However to run with the top cars I would need to ramp in more power during the run. More power would require more traction in the rear along with some instant center adjustments. With that one pass I now know I need 200-300 lbs on the rear of the car to get the % bias where I want it. It would take some fabrication and a new set of rear springs to add that much weight but that's what it would take to get it right for street racing. The top small tire cars will go 5.0's on the street so they are serious pieces.