Stage 2 TT street car

Been working a bit on the interior, custom backlit heater controls for the vintage air heater, Alcantara wrapped steering wheel and the TR custom Alky dash kit. Also powder coated the rad support.

DSC04781.JPG DSC04783.JPG DSC04787.JPG DSC04788.JPG DSC04789.JPG

Looks real good! I wish I had intergrated more of my gauges into the factory cluster. I bought my stuff one thing at a time. So they were added as needed. Now, all these years later I have a lot of stuff all over. I'm happy with it, however, if I could do it again I would do it more like this.

I see you have a E Boost street boost controler. How do you like it. I have one but haven't installed it yet.

It controlled the boost perfectly with 1 turbo, easy to use, zero problems, I would recommend it.

Mike

I added GNX inner fender well bump-outs to clear my front tires, I had worn out a hole in the plastic from the front tires rubbing when the car was previously driven. It is waaay easier to do this with the fender well out of the car.
The car has been resting on jack stands for 15 months, engine is in the hands of the master getting it's finishing touches, hope to have it up and running for spring time, fingers crossed, looking forward to hearing the turbos at full song.
DSC01696.JPG DSC01695.JPG DSC01697.JPG

Mike

I added GNX inner fender well bump-outs to clear my front tires, I had worn out a hole in the plastic from the front tires rubbing when the car was previously driven. It is waaay easier to do this with the fender well out of the car.
The car has been resting on jack stands for 15 months, engine is in the hands of the master getting it's finishing touches, hope to have it up and running for spring time, fingers crossed, looking forward to hearing the turbos at full song.
View attachment 252040 View attachment 252041 View attachment 252042

Mike

Are you going to run a full exhaust on your Buick? Or are you going with twin dumps out of the down pipes? I always thought I would get more turbo sound. But because I run twin full exhaust it doesn't whistle much. Although those who are not in the car say it's much more pronounced from the exterior. BTW, I use 3 inch all the way to the strait through Kook's mufflers and then convert to 3.5 inch to go out the back. Sound mean but doesn't sound like a typical TR.

I will have it connected to the current exhaust system, its a 3in Pypes system. It has the Dynomax mufflers which have flaps that stay closed to keep the car quiet under normal conditions then they flip open under WOT for straight through flow. I had the system coated with a Jet-Hot type coating when I first installed it.

Mike

I will have it connected to the current exhaust system, its a 3in Pypes system. It has the Dynomax mufflers which have flaps that stay closed to keep the car quiet under normal conditions then they flip open under WOT for straight through flow. I had the system coated with a Jet-Hot type coating when I first installed it.

Mike
So your going to bring the 2 downpipes together and merge them into a Y and feed it into your current exhaust?

Interesting. I guess you could run the drivers side downpipe across in the same path as the stock crossover use to go.

Fitting new intercooler, this is a Chiseled Performance custom made. It is a Garrett core, 3.5" thick, 24" x 12.1", fits perfect, Robert Rojas welded on end tanks and put on the 3.5" diameter inlet and outlet. I can't run any pipes till the engine is in so I'm kinda on hold.
Tried to load pics but they are too large for this site, I'll try to reduce them and post a pic.

Mike

For a street car, I prefer more square area (taller and wider core) and not as thick. This combined with a fully baffled grill area assures all the air that enters the grill goes through the intercooler. Nothing can escape around or under it.

Use aluminum sheet metal and mock it up in cardboard first. Coolant temps stay good as well.

The fabrication looks beautiful. Coming along nicely.

I'd like to build a ram air scoop like this car (very nice ride BTW) to direct the air up to the radiator and intercooler. I think this was an old PT&E race car (Joe Lubrant)?
Lubrantscarattech.jpg

Is anyone still making the radiator baffle kits anymore? I still have an old anodized ATR set up in use, very effective for front mount and radiator air flow.

I'd like to build a ram air scoop like this car (very nice ride BTW) to direct the air up to the radiator and intercooler. I think this was an old PT&E race car (Joe Lubrant)?
View attachment 254032

My set-up is very similar to this one. I don't use the scoop to grab air for the IC though. Instead it's used for the trans and oil coolers. They also have fans on them as well.

The grill is where my intercooler gets it's air. The intercooler fills all the space from the top of the radiator support to the bottom of the bumper. The space between the bumper and IC is tightly baffled with aluminum from the underside of the grill down to a support angle on the IC itself. The sides also have aluminum and fit into a grove in the header panel just behind the grill opening. I also used some aluminum colored silicone caulk to neatly seal the seams.

Nothing escapes. If it goes through the grill.......It's going through my intercooler.