Stage 2 on center 4.5L with TA heads

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Selling my 277" Twisted 6 racing built TA headed Stage 2. I has 6 passes and ~100 street miles on it. I has been 9.21@145 in my 3400lb. car. It was originally built for X275/TSO

153 on center block with cross bolted front and rear mains. The best block. It's been fully prepped by Chris, screw in freeze plugs, ARP head and main studs etc.
Bryant 3.625" stroke wide journal billet crank. Bought new by me.
Crower Billet 6.300" wide journal rods with H1 tool steel bolts
Ross 4.030" bore 2618 forged pistons. ~9.5:1 compression
TA SE heads with 2.02/1.60 stainless/superalloy valves. Ported by Chris Hogeland. Raised runner best of the best.
Champion on-center intake ported to match the heads with a special spacer to help flow/ distribution.
The upper is setup for a ford style throttlebody and a 70mm accufab will be inlcuded.
Sheetmetal custom made valve covers and oil pan by me.
Brand new TA front cover, oil pump, water pump, ATI balancer, crank and cam sensor, Roller timing chain, hydraulic roller lifters, cam hardware, pushrods and springs. These parts are not yet installed, I can leave them off for you to inspect it or I'll put it all back together. I removed the belt drive from the motor to make it more street friendly.

I built this with 1500hp in mind, no expense was spared. It is as bulletproof as you can get for an even fire v6.

$15000 obo

Last edited:
ready to pick up call asap 248-388-5368 Tony
Tony didn't know anything about this.

So which one is really you?
shannon .call me at 313-687-3206 i want to buy your motor
im interested in your trans please give me a call at313-623 3460 my name is punchy thanx .i wanto buy it and will pay for shipping.
Hey my name is Cal please call me at 248-910-5418. I want the pan ASAP.
I'm interested in the 71HPQ turbo that's for sale. Shannon 304-657-6673 ASAP

I deleted it all earlier today, but I've still had a few PM's asking about it. Tony/Cal/Shannon/007gn is the weird part.
A friend of mine asked me to reply to the post n leave his name & number bcoz he didn't want other people on the board to know that he was interested n buying this engine set up . I apologize for the mishap n no bs intended . My # 586-218-4760 . I'm not shady or have anything to hide . Shannon/007gn

I deleted it all earlier today, but I've still had a few PM's asking about it. Tony/Cal/Shannon/007gn is the weird part.
A friend of mine asked me to reply to the post n leave his name & number bcoz he didn't want other people on the board to know that he was interested n buying this engine set up . I apologize for the mishap n no bs intended . My # 586-218-4760 . I'm not shady or have anything to hide . Shannon/007gn

Yes, i got word through a friend why the multiple names. I sold one of you an oil pan I think.

No word from Tony. I had considered keeping it, but this got me motivated to sell again, so back up for sale.

Mike,

Why the sale? What transmission were you running with the Stage?

I'm ready for something different. I like to build stuff. I've built this car twice and there is no going forward at this point, only backwards with it (cut cage out).

I had a th400 in it originally and switched it to a t56 last year.

Mike,

You are a heck of a fabricator. What turbo were you running on the set-up?
Would you consider a payment plan and deliver it to Wisconsin?

Thanks. All the time and money spent on the fabrication kinda inhibits me when it comes time to beat the car up. I can't do it for fear I'll tear up the thousands of hours of time and all the money I poured into the car.

I was running a 6768 turbo. I could have run much larger, but when they allowed stage blocks in TSM, that's where I decided to run it. That turbo works out well with the 6 speed also.

If the motor doesn't sell I'll continue on with the car. But I feel like whatever spark I had inside me to built this thing has burned out and I need new motivation.