Stage 2 TT street car

Here we go another thread of mystery...:cry:

I count 8 seconds of spooling in that video..does not seem like a spooling rocket to me...

He can't let a stage 2 thread come up anymore without telling everyone how bad they are. We all get it by now.

Norbs, you built a 231" motor with big port iron heads, a cam that might be a bit different than most, 1 7/8" headers, a big turbine and If I remember right your trying to run a tight converter. Of course your's isn't going to work well at low rpm. You've done the exact opposite of what works well at low rpm. Stop going around beating everyone else's dreams up because yours didn't work out like the sim software said it would.

My cam is a 206,206. I'm just not sure what lift that is measured at. ;)

I have the same converter as everyone elseh as a 20 blade PTC. I'm just noting what I saw in the video for spool time, not shattering spool dreams on all the SII headed cars....

Ya I guess 5.15 little slow next time he will be in the 4s if he can keep the bumper off the track!!Hee Hee!! :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks like any other turbo car staging, he was up on the limiter quick.

Is he using the xfi creep or a bump box?

I count 8 seconds of spooling in that video..does not seem like a spooling rocket to me...

That's why your car is still in the garage and we are out there doing it. You don't have A clue about staging A car. If you did you would know when we stage we come in on A 3 step and set the first light then go to the 2 step when we go in on the 2nd light so when we set the 2nd light we are at lunch boost at less than 1 sec so I don't know where you get 8 sec to spool? But hey what do we know we can't all be on your level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake the spool time is 17 seconds from idle to 2 step and 3rd step and then to final launch, must be a heap of heat in that converter,,,

Last edited:
A couple updates, I am going to run twin Turbosmart 50mm wastegates . I swapped out the SLIC for a GN1 frontmount and will run a "Y" at the entrance for both turbo outlets. I am going to send out the ATR TT headers to SPD so they can cut off the ends and weld on a V-band fittings, this is so I can attach elbows and rotate the turbos down. The owner of SPD raced the Buick Stage 2 for years at Bonneville salt flats and knows all about them. I like the way NRE flips his turbos down and runs the downpipes under the headers, that will allow keeping the wheel wells. I don't have the skills of Mike E. so the small amount of fab work needed will be out-sourced. I have a couple of good shops in the area that can easily handle the plumbing, Bill Anderson will be tuning the car once its up and running.
DSC04130.JPG DSC04159.JPG DSC04298.JPG

My mistake the spool time is 17 seconds from idle to 2 step and 3rd step and then to final launch, must be a heap of heat in that converter,,,

That just shows what you know about racing! But if you don't mind quit trashing up my friends thread about stuff that everybody knows your clueless about.

A couple updates, I am going to run twin Turbosmart 50mm wastegates . I swapped out the SLIC for a GN1 frontmount and will run a "Y" at the entrance for both turbo outlets. I am going to send out the ATR TT headers to SPD so they can cut off the ends and weld on a V-band fittings, this is so I can attach elbows and rotate the turbos down. The owner of SPD raced the Buick Stage 2 for years at Bonneville salt flats and knows all about them. I like the way NRE flips his turbos down and runs the downpipes under the headers, that will allow keeping the wheel wells. I don't have the skills of Mike E. so the small amount of fab work needed will be out-sourced. I have a couple of good shops in the area that can easily handle the plumbing, Bill Anderson will be tuning the car once its up and running.
View attachment 222920 View attachment 222921 View attachment 222923

Looks good! It's going to be A beast!

Where is the video of Todd's car spooling a gt4788 with a t6 housing and cutting a 1.19 60'. Those little twins will light right up.

If this video doesn't get your heart pumping...then nothing will. Dayum!

Last Dec. in anticipation of making the change from 109 to S2 I removed the HVAC system and installed a Vintage Air heater/defroster. It fit up behind the dash Ok. It comes with defrost ducts which I attached to sheet metal plates then screwed them down in the original vent locations. With the plastic dash cover on top can't even see them. Hardest part was bolting the unit to the firewall because of the hard access. My task before the engine arrives is to get the harness in proper order, a few days work as I have done most of it since these pics were taken. It felt great pulling that POS factory HVAC lump out of the engine compartment that has gotten in my way the past 20years.DSC03780.JPG DSC03784.JPG DSC03785.JPG DSC03789.JPG DSC03790.JPG

Mike