1987 Grand National 25.5 race car, twin turbo Stage II

Squid4life

Considering parting with my race car as a roller and save the stage motor, etc for use on a more family oriented car later. I have owned this car for over two years now and have not gotten to do much more than collect parts for it. I had planned on putting it together, getting into the 8's on stock ECM and E-85, then swapping to FAST XFI and getting it dialed in and go faster. If I can sell it as a roller, I will pick up another car later that I can at least throw the family in for a ridiculously fast cruise night car. As it stands right now, I have very little time and may have a pending move on the horizon and probably cannot drag the car with me.

I can sell this car as a roller, put the fresh trans and driveshaft in and sell it that way, include everything minus the long block if you have a stage motor, or include every nut bolt, hose, engine part, etc to put it back together. Starting with selling it as a roller, but if interested in more, we can talk.

Not really sure what to ask for a price, so I will throw out $15,000. I know what I paid for it, and it was plenty more than this a few years ago. Car is super sick, and I don't have to sell it, but it makes sense to sell it. If it doesn't sell, I will take some vacation time and put it together and either sell it or keep it, who knows. Any questions, let me know. Send me a PM.

1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL ROLLER
25.5 FULL CAGE BUILT BY STENOD PERFORMANCE (FULL FUNNY CAR HALO) SHOULD CERT TO 7.50
AFTERMARKET REAR FRAME RAILS, NARROWED TO FIT TIRES
KIRKEY ALUMINUM RACE SEATS
REMOVABLE STEERING WHEEL
TACH WITH SHIFT LIGHT
WARNING LIGHT FOR OIL PRESSURE
2 5/8” BOOST, OIL PRESSURE, AND WATER TEMP GAUGES (PLUS FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE UNDER HOOD)
FULL POWER WINDOW DOORS WITH STOCK PANELS
RETAINS BACK SEAT, ALTHOUGH DOWNBARS GO THROUGH IT
TRUE GN, NO RUST, CLEAN CARFAX
FIBERGLASS HOOD
FIBERGLASS DECK LID
FIBERGLASS FRONT AND REAR FILLERS (BRAND NEW)
RACE PARACHUTE
ALUMINUM DOWNFORCE WING (FULLY ADJUSTABLE)
FRONT SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
BRAND NEW WILWOOD DISC BRAKES
LAKEWOOD DRAG SHOCKS
MOROSO DRAG SPRINGS
REAR SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
FAB 9” REAR END, WITH SPOOL AND 3.55’S
STRANGE AXLES
5/8” WHEEL STUDS, WASHERS, NUTS
CENTERLINE CONVO PRO WHEELS
NEAR NEW TIRES FRONT AND REAR, ONLY A FEW PASSES. (TRUE FRONT RUNNER RACE TIRES, AND MICKEY THOMPSON DRAG RADIALS)
WILWOOD DISC BRAKES
5 LINK/LADDER BAR STYLE REAR
BRAND NEW AFCO ADJUSTABLE COIL OVERS
DUAL SPEARCO AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLERS
ALUMINUM WATER CELL, RULE PUMP
ALUMINUM FUEL CELL
MAGNAFUEL FUEL PUMP, PRE AND POST FILTERS
AEROMOTIVE FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER
MODIFIED ECM FOR LOW Z INJECTORS
OPTIMA GEL CELL BATTERY W/ BUMPER MOUNTED KILL SWITCH
POWERLOGGER
SCANMASTER
LC1 OR 2 WIDEBAND O2 SENSOR AND GUAGE
MSD BOOST CONTROLLER W/ CO2
HUGE GRIFFIN ALUMINUM RADIATOR, WELDED FOR AN HOSES INSTEAD OF RUBBER HOSES

HAVE THE FOLLOWING THAT I CAN WORK WITH THE BUYER TO MAKE A PACKAGE DEAL:
FRESHLY REBUILT TH400, ALL BILLET GOOD PARTS, SUPER BELL, CONVERTER, ETC
153 STAGE II BLOCK, NEVER DAMAGED BORED, HONED, READY TO RUN
CROWER BILLET 3.625” STROKER CRANK
CROWER TITANIUM 6.5” RODS
BRAND NEW JE PISTONS, PINS, RINGS FOR ABOVE COMBO
TA PERFORMANCE COATED CAM BEARINGS, PLUS ALL OTHER BEARINGS
STAGE 2 HEADS, PORTED, FRESH! NEW INCONEL INTAKE, STAINLESS EXHAUST VALVES, NEW SPRINGS, RETAINERS, ETC
BMS 4 BARREL EFI CONVERTED INTAKE W/ PRECISION UPPER
90MM THROTTLE BODY
160 INJECTORS W/ NEW HARNESS
ATR TWIN TURBO HEADERS
MATCHED TE-63 TURBOS
DOWNPIPES
DUAL INLET INTAKE FROM IC TO TURBOS, PLUS HOSES AND CLAMPS

ETC, ETC, ETC

DON'T ASK TO SEPERATE ENGINE PARTS, NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING THEM SEPARATELY AT THIS TIME.

GN1.jpg
GN2.jpg
GN3.jpg
GN4.jpg
GN5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck!

Motor for the car is at the machine shop right now being balanced, and lightly touching up the deck surface. Again, car can be sold as a roller, with trans and driveshaft, or all the way up to a running, driving turnkey car.

Car also has MAF-T Pro, Griner transbrake, full manual reverse pattern valve body.
Here are a few videos of the previous owner running it at the track. 18 psi on e85, leaving softly at 5psi.

Yeah, its a sweet, well done car (mostly by previous owner!). There are even two trans coolers, one normal air type and one that the water returning from the intercoolers to the tank runs through. (So, the water from IC's cools the trans fluid too) hell of a cool setup.

I would really love to put this together, fill it with e85, and turn the boost up. I can only imagine what leaving off the brake with 20+psi would feel like and run like!

Would give anything to have one like that someday. Beautiful man. GLWS

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You could not build that car for anything even close to $15k, heck of a deal.

Couple hits here and there, for sale locally as well. Prefer to sell as a roller, can remove parts to get it closer to a guys budget if someones interested. (I can remove fuel system, scanmaster, ecm, water intercooler system, etc, or leave it all and add the trans/driveshaft, whatever)

$14,500 or best offer.

Bump. Thought it was sold but the guy in Nigeria who wanted to paypal me fell through. ;)

Ha ha, scammers and flakes!

TTT

Might (Might!) entertain cash and your 86 or 87 T or GN in more family oriented form. (As in no jungle gym cages) PM with any interests in trades.

Last edited:
Scott! Good to see you are around and kicking! Come on man, just tell her I was keeping it safe and secure for you. ;)

Brand new fiberglass bumper fillers are in, body got the clay bar treatment, all the new parts are on the shelf, all machined and balanced ready to go back together. Can sell as roller or complete turn key, or anything in between. :)

So is it 15k for the whole shebang? or just the roller for 15k? Did you already say a price for the whole thing or did I miss it... I probably missed it because I'm too lazy to read closer haha

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app