Stage 2 TT street car

Headers finished, I'll get some better pics when they are on my engine. Maxwell Industries is the place to contact if you need stage 2 headers.
100MEDIA$IMAG0047.jpg
100MEDIA$IMAG0049.jpg
100MEDIA$IMAG0068 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Thanks Mike E. for the stage 2 flange drawings.
Mike

What is something like that runs about. I'm looking to do twin on my next project stage II
Well, I think the best deal going is the GN1 Performance TT headers and TT intercooler. If that had been available when I started this stage 2 build last Jan. I would have used TA heads and the GN1 TT stuff. If you need stage 2 headers talk with Steve Watt at Maxwell Industries, you only need to send him your turbos, wastegates and any front accessories that might cause interference, he has a full engine mockup and works closely with Kenny Duttwieler. Same deal for single turbo stage 2 headers.

Mike

Last edited:
IMG_8411.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

Couple shots from Maxwell's shop. Plug access is excellent. Turbos can swing to clear obstacles, downpipes to route under headers.

Mike

Awesome pics and progress. What size primaries are those on the headers? Looks similar to the size on my single turbo S2.

It's always so interesting to see how many different ways there are to skin a cat. I've seen a lot of twin turbo Buicks over the years and to someone like my girlfriend they all look alike. But to us....we see how they differ. Everything from witch ways the turbos face, the brackets, the headers, the downpipes, wastegates...........so on. I like this set-up.

Your gonna love owning a twin street car!

I do!

It's always so interesting to see how many different ways there are to skin a cat. I've seen a lot of twin turbo Buicks over the years and to someone like my girlfriend they all look alike. But to us....we see how they differ. Everything from witch ways the turbos face, the brackets, the headers, the downpipes, wastegates...........so on. I like this set-up.

Your gonna love owning a twin street car!

I do!
I'd love to see some pics of your engine, what is your combo?

Mike

Hell yes!! Beautiful work, you have put your heart and soul into that build, what heads are you using.

Mike

I'd love to see some pics of your engine, what is your combo?

Mike

Ok here it goes-

-RPE built 4.1 off center stage 1 long block done through Cotton's Performance
-Champion heads with everything
-Champion ported BGC Intake
-Sheet metal plenum done by me
-Mezzier water pump
-90mm throttle body
-Razor Alcohol injection-(two nozzles)
-lots and lots of custom fabricated stuff all done by me
-Big ass intercooler built by Jack Cotton on my specs
-Twin Turbonetics 60's ball bearing Turbos
-Tial 44mm twin wastegates
-XFI 2.05
-reverse pattern th400 with transbrake built by Loni
-Aeromotive pump and regulator
-160lb injectors
-EGT probes in all prmaries

The list could go on for ever!!!!!

So much planning went into this set up. I wanted a motor that was easy to work on and super reliable and beautiful. It had to drive on the street to the track and to car shows. So far, so good.

I was told that you can't build something like this and just drop it into a mostly stock car. And this is so true. So, at first, I focused completely on the motor. Upgrading the rest of the car came as needs and funding allowed.

Now it's almost done. I would like to do something with the suspension, wheel and tire set-up for street use. Maybe not because it's driven to the track and raced as it was driven. Still thinking on that.

Sounds like quite a machine, that would be an interesting read as a magazine feature car, RPE builds high quality stage 2 engines.

Mike