Stage 2 TT street car

DSC03792.JPG DSC03886.JPG DSC03891.JPG DSC03893.JPG Heater.JPG

We need Mike to be a vendor, totally unafraid to jump in and fabricate the hard stuff. The gear Mike designs is just to much for other vendors to tackle.

Mike

No doubt, he is an artist! I also have one of his upper plenums that I have not employed yet. I take it out and caress it every once in a while, and show it to anyone that visits my garage! :)

Thanks guys. I really wish I could quit my day job and do this full time, but I don't have quite enough volume of work and I'm chicken.

If you would branch out to the other car types, i.e. imports, mudstang crowd, you could drum up enough work. Just cater the Buick guys;)

yea mike...I have a gmc syclone and contiplating putting a lsx turbo setup in it.you would be perfect for building headers and turbo piping.lol

Engine bay just about finished:
DSC04448.JPG

FAST installed:
DSC04651.JPG DSC04652.JPG DSC04656.JPG
Swapped the T4 .91 AR turbine housings for SS T3 .70 AR with 3" V-band outlets to guarantee lightning-fast spool time :
DSC04618.JPG

Mike

I sold the ATR TT headers, I just did not like the design. All parts were sent to Steve Watt (fabricator for Duttweiler & NRE) for twin turbo header fabrication, should be done in a couple weeks:
My Junk.JPG

Twin spals and my giant trans cooler mounted, hoses to be swapped for braided Teflon after engine install:
DSC04638.JPG DSC04649.JPG

Will post some shots of the headers when finished as well as the engine, its still at the engine builders shop, I know it will be a work of art when he is finished like all his work.

Mike

The alternator needs to move closer in and up to miss the driver's side turbo. I am looking for an alternative mounting system either near the stock location or on the pass. side at the end of the valve cover. I am using P/S and a factory type water pump. Ideally I would like to lose the remote P/S fluid reservoir and use one of these type pumps with a built-in reservoir from Detroit Speed:
Power Steering.PNG
and keep using a serpentine belt, somehow.
I am looking for ideas from other stage owners on how you mounted your alternator and power steering (pics) other than the Champion bracket. It looks like the non-A/C early turbo Regals mount the alternator on the pass. side with V-belts to run the P/S, alt. water pump (what year donor car for the brackets?) as a possible alternative. Post what you got.

Mike

My first set is Moroso, they used to make a set of alternator brackets that gave you the option of either side to mount the engine. High on the driver side and low on the passenger side. Moroso used to carry a lot of the oil pans, alt. brackets, belt drives, and pulley's for the stage 2 stuff. I will go thru boxes and boxes and look. After buying so many of these motors you tend to keep the extra small parts that come on them. I bet Mike Booher would have some. You could also go custom, it's just aluminum and proper spacing. I doubt if there are any stage 2 guys out there that doesn't have several v- belt mandrels, gilmer drives and brackets that they didnt need just laying around. Hopefully you will get a good response. I dont have the champion set up on either of my twin turbo motors. I will try to get you some pics also.

The alternator needs to move closer in and up to miss the driver's side turbo. I am looking for an alternative mounting system either near the stock location or on the pass. side at the end of the valve cover. I am using P/S and a factory type water pump. Ideally I would like to lose the remote P/S fluid reservoir and use one of these type pumps with a built-in reservoir from Detroit Speed:
View attachment 239503
and keep using a serpentine belt, somehow.
I am looking for ideas from other stage owners on how you mounted your alternator and power steering (pics) other than the Champion bracket. It looks like the non-A/C early turbo Regals mount the alternator on the pass. side with V-belts to run the P/S, alt. water pump (what year donor car for the brackets?) as a possible alternative. Post what you got.

Mike

Since I'm putting power steering back on my car, I've removed my alternator mount I made. I could reverse the bracket on the head and the tensioner and make it work on the passenger side.

If you want it, I'll trade you for some of the power steering parts you won't be using anymore.

CIMG1804_zps765b84d5.jpg

My first set is Moroso, they used to make a set of alternator brackets that gave you the option of either side to mount the engine. High on the driver side and low on the passenger side. Moroso used to carry a lot of the oil pans, alt. brackets, belt drives, and pulley's for the stage 2 stuff. I will go thru boxes and boxes and look. After buying so many of these motors you tend to keep the extra small parts that come on them. I bet Mike Booher would have some. You could also go custom, it's just aluminum and proper spacing. I doubt if there are any stage 2 guys out there that doesn't have several v- belt mandrels, gilmer drives and brackets that they didnt need just laying around. Hopefully you will get a good response. I dont have the champion set up on either of my twin turbo motors. I will try to get you some pics also.
I'll take a look at Moroso and see if they still sell the stage 2 stuff, I noticed a set of Moroso stage 2 valve covers on Ebay and I had never seen a set before. What about cog-belt setups like a timing belt? In searching for cog pulleys I came across a couple companies that make some really sweet cog belt setups for, well, you know, SBF, SBC & BBC, the easy crap.
On the old outdated White Racing website (I know, I know) they have a pic of a stage 2 with a trick alternator bracket that swings it up tight to the driver's side valve cover end face and P/S down low on the driver's side, that setup would work.
Mike

Since I'm putting power steering back on my car, I've removed my alternator mount I made. I could reverse the bracket on the head and the tensioner and make it work on the passenger side.

If you want it, I'll trade you for some of the power steering parts you won't be using anymore.

CIMG1804_zps765b84d5.jpg
I'll keep that one in mind Mike, I first want to see all my options before I jump.

Mike

Was this a Buick factory setup for the stage 2 roundy-round cars? Looks like a proper, very sturdy setup.
IMAG0079.jpg

Mike