Stage 2 engine sound

That's what you said non-operable , did the car start and drive when you drop it off? Now what they did after you left you don't know, Sorry to say but it sounds like they took it for a joy ride and hurt the motor.

You are a an expert huh! Bro no offense!. My friend is trying to solve his problem, and not alone listen to you with negative comments! Either make your point on the problem, and less on your negativity! You must work for Kenny? Right!

You are a an expert huh! Bro no offense!. My friend is trying to solve his problem, and not alone listen to you with negative comments! Either make your point on the problem, and less on your negativity! You must work for Kenny? Right!

Its a little hard to tell on a video! and not being there to hear in person would be a little easier, And yes i have been around for 25 years on these cars, what about you? Its not a negative comment he asked for a opinion on the sound it's making, So what do you think it is? make a guess!So when he has it look at please let us all know, And who's Kenny?

Wow wow wow. Lets all chill he means Kenney Duttwieler. That's who built the motor. I got to a shop today and they are working first thing in the am. It's not the motor. It's somewhere behind it. Fly wheel flex plate. I have a feeling the tranny is coming out or just the starter. Stay tuned......hold your breath for the dynamic duo!!

Its not the engine if it was it get louder not quieter sounds like a loose flywheel or broken one or torque convertor i think Mike was right and bad ass car :D

Shop just called back and the winner is!!!.....FLEX PLATE! If you answered flex plate you are today's winner on the stage 2 forum. Thank you all for playing. Tune in next week for more questions and answers. Thanks for the help everyone.

Shop just called back and the winner is!!!.....FLEX PLATE! If you answered flex plate you are today's winner on the stage 2 forum. Thank you all for playing. Tune in next week for more questions and answers. Thanks for the help everyone.
Glad to hear brother it was't something major.

What kind of flexplate, and how bad was it? Glad you (they) found it, and it wasn't something major!

Its a little hard to tell on a video! and not being there to hear in person would be a little easier, And yes i have been around for 25 years on these cars, what about you? Its not a negative comment he asked for a opinion on the sound it's making, So what do you think it is? make a guess!So when he has it look at please let us all know, And who's Kenny?

No offense you been around these cars for twenty five years, and the motor needs to come out! Lol Just busting your balls! Who's Kenny ! Oh my lord. It's all good man !

If Ken Duttweiler built you a bad motor that would be a first in the 37 years he has been in business. I can say with great confidence that if he built it, someone else beat the hell out of it. He has fixed more screwed up motors from other shops than anyone else in the Buick business.

Im glad your problem was only a flex plate.

I found a place in town to check it out taking it to them tomorrow night. Thanks for the help everyone. I will post back with the verdict.
did the guys at revolution performance take care of everything...ive been thinking about taking my Typhoon there...Nice car btw!

I need a new flex plate. I opted not to do the work right now because I'm selling the motor and the tranny anyway. This motor is far past what I need for a street car. So put the word out I have a hell of a stage 2 Dutt for sale.

I need a new flex plate. I opted not to do the work right now because I'm selling the motor and the tranny anyway. This motor is far past what I need for a street car. So put the word out I have a hell of a stage 2 Dutt for sale.
That's a lot motor for a street car i see what you mean, Pm on a price and ill let some of my customers know and put the word out.

you should post a price, so anyone that see the thread can be aware, and list it in the for sale section of the board, so you dont get 100 PM with low ball offers

A pic for anyone looking

Attachments

• image-1586084111.jpg
    image-1586084111.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 147