So much for Distributors..... :)

Bruce as you know I talked you before about how Id like to do a set up like this soon but I have a question about the harness... Looking at the harness you can see how the black plug would do into the buicks harness plug for the module now BUT what is the white connection for :confused: could you possibly make a schematic for us on how do make the harness or is that the actual Edist thing from fast I'm confused :confused: :biggrin:

ttypewe4jim said:
Bruce as you know I talked you before about how Id like to do a set up like this soon but I have a question about the harness... Looking at the harness you can see how the black plug would do into the buicks harness plug for the module now BUT what is the white connection for could you possibly make a schematic for us on how do make the harness or is that the actual Edist thing from fast I'm confused

The white connector is what plugs into the eDist.
The black connector is from Casper's and is the same connector that's on the ignition module.

I'll see if I have the old harness around, and if I do, I'll post the specifics of it.

bruce said:
The white connector is what plugs into the eDist.
The black connector is from Casper's and is the same connector that's on the ignition module.

I'll see if I have the old harness around, and if I do, I'll post the specifics of it.

Cool thanks for the quick reply :cool:

bruce said:
I just got the new Hot Rod magazine.

There's a nice write up about the AL Buick engine, and an engine done by KD, interestingly enough, no distributor.....

He went to GenIII Coil Near Plugs....
With a MOTEC.

What was the power level on this motor?
Bruce can you scan anything for me until I pick it up???
Also is this the one going into the sand buggy?

John Wilde said:
What was the power level on this motor?
Bruce can you scan anything for me until I pick it up???
Also is this the one going into the sand buggy?

He's at 700, says 800 should be easy.
Sorry, no scanner over here.
No mention that I recall of what the application was.
M600, not a M48 <G>

Wow, how funny is the timing that article huh Bruce?

You have said in the past that you are not up for making these for resale,

But what if you work with Caspers and call it the Brutec Gen 3 for 86-87 GN's?
;)

odell4o8 said:
35000.00 bucks for 700 hp wonder how many they will sale ,

The funny thing is that the money is spent to make 1400HP.
Meaning everything on the motor is TSO Level so with a set of GT40sthis motor would 600 plus hp maybe more depending on the actual work to the heads.
This price is very similar to a 109 build that I have heard of.

DR.BOOSTER said:
Wow, how funny is the timing that article huh Bruce?
You have said in the past that you are not up for making these for resale,
But what if you work with Caspers and call it the Brutec Gen 3 for 86-87 GN's?

Brutec, LOL..........

Maybe the next deal could be called that. :)
There's one system that no around here's even played with, that I've accumulated most of the parts to do now. I've talked to someone about something *new*, but it was determined that there just wouldn't be enough of a demand for it. Maybe, once someone runs it that'll change.

What's been interesting is that while folks are still talking about the *problems* with DIS, everyone seems to just ignore how much spark energy is wasted in the distributor's, cap to rotor, air gap.

bruce said:
What's been interesting is that while folks are still talking about the *problems* with DIS, everyone seems to just ignore how much spark energy is wasted in the distributor's, cap to rotor, air gap.

If it makes more hp than the DIs , i don't think it is an issue..

norbs said:
If it makes more hp than the DIs , i don't think it is an issue..

*If*, and *I don't think*.
Did you post that to be comical?.

If you want to ignore it, that's fine, but why invest in a distributor, if it's not the best answer?. While folks like to quote KD, he's also gone to CNP, in several of his newer engines.

bruce said:
Brutec, LOL..........

:)
been interesting is that while folks are still talking about the *problems* with DIS, everyone seems to just ignore how much spark energy is wasted in the distributor's, cap to rotor, air gap.
distributors work in nascar, and indy 500 engines, maybe the old stock car engine builders dont care about wasted spark, as they only make 750 hp, ill keep my distributor for a while, :) oc,

odell4o8 said:
distributors work in nascar, and indy 500 engines, maybe the old stock car engine builders dont care about wasted spark, as they only make 750 hp, ill keep my distributor for a while, :) oc,

Do you know for a fact that they'd being sticking to distributors, if it wasn't for the rules?.

Have you noticed the latest ZO6, uses CNP?. I can't see where GM would spend so much money on an ignition if there wasn't a benefit. Oh, and the GenIII coils are what KD used.

If you're happy with it, great, but, you've already made the investment, but for someone that's stepping up, they might want to at least be informed that while the distributor is an option, so is CNP, and it also has been used by KD.

bruce If you want to ignore it said:
I have $30 in my distributor plus $30 for wires, How much does your CNP system cost?

norbs said:
I have $30 in my distributor plus $30 for wires, How much does your CNP system cost?

And how much time?, how many emails asking what to do?, looking around for that dissy deal?, how much time in figuring out what to do to get the right signals?.

If I have my choice of spending $60 to play follow the leader, or $200 to try something that might make a signifigant gain, then I'll gladly spend the $200, thank you. If you're happy with what you have, go for it. But, ignoring the current trends to retrofit old tech items, isn't how I do things. Not to mention that at least according to what you've posted, you did, because the ecm you've elected to run FORCED you into that situation. So while you're dealing with a situation that you've generated, I've elected to use a system that allows for me to do whatever I want.

bruce said:
Do you know for a fact that they'd being sticking to distributors, if it wasn't for the rules?.

Just as a FWIW, just what igntion system did they use on the Buick Indy Car Program engines?.

I think i have spent less time and money than your CNP setup, and there's nothing wrong with being a follower to me. I like to follow what works, and whats in my budget also.

norbs said:
I think i have spent less time and money than your CNP setup, and there's nothing wrong with being a follower to me. I like to follow what works, and whats in my budget also.

*Think* all you want, and do as you will, I could care less.
Now if you have anything to say that's of a technical nature, that would be nice. This hijacking of threads with your *thinking* is getting old.

Nice how you're again dodging the issue about you had to change to a distributor because your ecm forced you too.