Slammed Turbo Regal Picture Thread........

i agree with you also, but i would never sell my GN because of a short term fad,
we liked these cars before it was cool to do so. besides that is why the hooptie pics are in the slammed thread.

just MO

Thats ok, everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess. But I'd like to know why you would call all these cars a hooptie? Is it becuase you feel yours is better than ours? Is it becuase we dont cruise around with Pro Stars and our cars jacked up in the air with cargo springs?

How about his challenge, I'll take my lowered Hooptie to your 1/4 track and we will see who's car gets labeled a "hooptie"!;)

You have to remember, not everyone cares to have a car that looks just like everyone elses. Some of us have a life beyond Pro Stars and Convo Pros. Some of dare to be different and some of us like to drive our cars in other ways besides straight! Have a good day, I'm going to go work on my Hooptie so it can be as cool as your car!:biggrin:

It's called a joke. Maybe it just went over your head. I'll explain it to you if you want. Now, why don't you run along and discuss $1500 brakes, sonny.

It's called a joke. Maybe it just went over your head. I'll explain it to you if you want. Now, why don't you run along and discuss $1500 brakes, sonny.

Hey it's all good Red! Thought maybe you did some mods to your car and wanted to show them off. :biggrin:

By no means is it slammed, but it is functional...

Quit with the jibber-jabber and make with the pictures...

It is amazing what changing a set of wheels can do to the look of a car.

pic%20004.jpg

3.JPG

pic%20004.jpg

3.JPG

Looks great with the new wheels Mike. Those 11s in the back?

Looks great with the new wheels Mike. Those 11s in the back?

Thanks! Yes, they are 11s. Well, they might be 11.5s... we never measured the rims when the tires were dismounted.

As for the centre caps. I have them in the glove box, but at $200 for four replacements it isn't worth the risk of losing them. They are rarer than the wheels right now. I think I'll get BuickGN.com to make me some custom ones this year to stick on there.

^^^^ Dude the car is sick!!!!! talk about staggered!!! What kinda spacers and setup do you have to run them wide boys inthe back???

pic%20004.jpg

3.JPG

Dont cut your old wheels to short though, they still looked pretty darn good! It's pretty hard to beat a Simmons wheel on any car. I had an opportunity to pick up a set for $300:eek: and didnt have the money last year! I really should have bought them becuase my 84's stock wheels just arent cutting it!

Anyhow, nice car sir!:cool:

Come on Jesse, you know you called me last week asking how to install your lift kit!!!!:biggrin: Like I said, I think there are some 44" rims on Ebay in your town!!

We only lift box chevys around here, after all this is the sewer....jib-jaba-jib-jaba-jiba-jaba....

So for those of you that have had 17s and 18s, which do you prefer? Tryin to get my research done so I only buy wheels once.

You had a chance to pick up a set of simmons for 300 bucks and didn't buy them-you're a douche. Should have called me. If Jenn can spend 200 in one night at a strip club then 300 for wheels wouldn't have been a problem for me.

Dont cut your old wheels to short though, they still looked pretty darn good! It's pretty hard to beat a Simmons wheel on any car. I had an opportunity to pick up a set for $300:eek: and didnt have the money last year! I really should have bought them becuase my 84's stock wheels just arent cutting it!

Anyhow, nice car sir!:cool:

Agreed, what kind of wheels are they?

So for those of you that have had 17s and 18s, which do you prefer? Tryin to get my research done so I only buy wheels once.
I have had both and I like the 18's much better. They fill out the wheel well better and it seems there is better choices in tire sizes.

PS: Really think about 3-piece wheels, they are really nice to have if you do any changes to the car afterward and need more back spacing. Simply change out the hoops!

Scot W.

We only lift box chevys around here, after all this is the sewer....jib-jaba-jib-jaba-jiba-jaba....

You had a chance to pick up a set of simmons for 300 bucks and didn't buy them-you're a douche. Should have called me. If Jenn can spend 200 in one night at a strip club then 300 for wheels wouldn't have been a problem for me.

No kidding! They were a steal thats for sure! I finally mustard up the cash and called but they were sold the day prior!! DOHHHH!!!!!!!:frown:

I need to get back out ther efor another night of strip clubbing with Jenn again!!!

Thanks gents.

Dont cut your old wheels to short though, they still looked pretty darn good!

I suppose I should have clarified... the wheels were changed due to functionality issues, not appearance. The black wheels were specifically bought for the Buick back in '03 when aftermarket 17s of decent width (9.5s) were still hard to come by for G-bodies.

As for spacers behind the Simmons. There is enough there for a 1/4" of clearance off the frame. :wink:

Anyone have more pictures and/or information on the red SS on page 5 (#151)?
Thanks, Larry.

Man I look at this thread almost everyday to keep up ambition of getting mine back on the road!

There are some very beautiful cars in here!!!!!!! Cant wait till SPRING!!!!!!!!! Getting really tired of all this snow, cant wait to spit shine a TR again!!!!:D

The snow doesn't stop me...it's the sub zero temps! BRRRRRRRRRRRRR:eek: There's a lot of cold metal and brittle plastic to warm up out there! I've been wanting to really dig in to my car and get ahead but the weather has been working against me:( And don't even get me started on the whole blasting situation:mad: