SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Okay I haven't gotten my motor back just trying to get a idea of what changes I will have to make . The only change to the setup is went from 30over to 40 so alil more cubes . So maybe alil injector offset?

Swapping to NL converter, is there anything I need to change in the sd2 chip?

if you use the DFCO functions, your settings may need a little tweaking depending on how much engine braking the new converter provides. But other than what Dave mentioned, you should be good to go.

I'm trying to tune a car and I can do it with my computer (a Mac running vmware and windows XP) but when I hook up to his computer running windows 7 it will not go into monitor mode. Just clicks and then goes back to regular mode. No error will come up unless I try to reflash the chip and then it says no cal data found. Both of us have PLC version 2.3.0 and the chip is the NB flash. Thanks.

Make sure the Powerlogger is being recognized in the devices. I assume the drivers have been installed on the win7 computer.

What's going on with my RPM table to the right? I just got the system up and working on idle, as I rev it rolls through the immediate cells but jumps over to the last column as it goes through the 2k range. All the tables are like that.

PL rpm.jpg

I would reflash the powerlogger again with the latest file. It looks like something was corrupted during the last flash or something.

Ok, if you can save the tune and email it to me, I'll take a look. I forgot the axis values are saved in the tune file. I should be able to fix it and send it back.

Eric/Bob, can you guys open the tune page with this file? I can see the graphs but not the tune page. If I click the tune button I get a no cal data error. If I hook the computer back up to the power logger and open the file it "configures" like I hit the F8 key and I can see the tune page. Once I disconnect from the power logger I can no longer open the tune page. Could this be related to the quick save option because that is how this file was saved.

Attachments

• shaun test hit frankford.dat
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
what version of PLC are you running? If PLC is not finding a tune file in you log, then its not in there..

Bob

2.3.0 and the chip is flashed with NB. The very first time I opened the file I could open the tune page but not any more.

probably because the tune was still in memory in the laptop. There have been some bugfixes to PLC, Here is the latest.

if you send me the bin and dat files in an email, I can splice them together.

B

Attachments

• PLC 2.5.1.zip
    940.3 KB · Views: 84
if not, let me know, some of the "disconnecting" issues have been fixed by improving the USB ground in the PLC.

Bob

if not, let me know, some of the "disconnecting" issues have been fixed by improving the USB ground in the PLC.

Bob
For me the disconnecting got worse. After the logger disconnects plc window says not (not responding) then I need to unplug the usb and replug then connect again. It did that about 3 times in 5 min.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For me the disconnecting got worse. After the logger disconnects plc window says not (not responding) then I need to unplug the usb and replug then connect again. It did that about 3 times in 5 min.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Have you tried using a differ t computer so you can rule that out?

Have you tried using a differ t computer so you can rule that out?
different comp. did the same thing.
make sure you are using the latest version of PLC

B
I was using the 2.5.1 zip file. the plc version in that file was 2.5.0. I re flashed with 044.s19 . when I was using the 44 file it wouldn't let me boost past 10-15psi and the ses light came on. then I re flashed to 043.s19 to remove overboost. the overboost immediate setting was 30.5psi

this is driving me nuts. I am getting a back fire as soon as I come into boost and cant tell what it is. this is the latest log. that I got.

Attachments

• data loss 1.dat
    14.4 KB · Views: 95
the overboost scaling did change at one point when I was working out the details. I will investigate that.

on the backfire, I will review your log.

Bob