Richard Clark Show 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to keep my 2 cents out of this, but I just can't anymore!
So here's my 2 cents:

I have volunteered and helped at the last two events. Clint and everyone " NC Turbo Buick Owners" came together to put on great events.

1st year- I don't think Suzanne and I had any problem getting everyone registered and everyone enjoyed doing the learning stations with Richard.

2nd year- Clint did a great job getting some great vendors to come in and again everyone loved to pick Richard's brain. The rain made the track schedule difficult, but we were able to pull it off. Even I was staging cars at the track. Great pass, Jack!

I'm not whining on who does what, because I would help Richard, Clint and anyone of these folks at anytime.

My problem is that Dennis, you have taken Richard's hospitality and turned it into Kirban's sideshow!

You changed the theme name- when NC & the Buick community is fortunate to have a brilliant man like Richard Clark, who is willing to have learning garages to share his knowledge and help anyone of us.

You constantly made stabs at NC Buick Owners, when the man footing the bill is a NC Buick owner.

You said No track time this year. At last event, Richard presented Jack a trophy and stated he would have to defend that trophy ANNUALLY!

You said you made no money off last event, yet sold DVD's.

Sorry everyone, but I can't sit back and watch a man take stabs at NC Buick Owners and turn Richard's Event into a sideshow.
I hope all of you that do attend, get to meet and learn from Richard. He is truely a Brilliant man, that does not mind helping anyone.

Geez I see a free event being hosted and people complaining because it's not on the right date (ie the date that suits them) Then I see people complaining because they think Dennis has stolen the show and turned into some kind of carnival.

Last I looked the show is being hosted by Richard Clark and his company ZDDPlus. To me that implies that anything that is happening at his show, he knows about and was involved the final decision.:rolleyes:

I have yet to see any list of events (except an announcement that there will be no track event) May be best to wait for all the details to emerge before you go complaining about what will or will not take place.

Bottom line is this, the event is being hosted by Richard Clark. Decisions as to what will or will not take place are up to him. It may be that HE is interested in having Don Garlits come to his place, see his collection, and he has been kind enough to invite all of us free of charge to share the opportunity. It may just be that Richard asked for Dennis' help in inviting Molly to the event so that the guys in NC would have the opportunity to meet him and possibly get their cars signed by him. Gentlemen think of this as a private party that we have all been invited to. Nobody has hijacked the event because the final decision as to what will take place is up to the host. I think it is very nice of Richard to plan an event and invite us all free of charge. Instead of complaining about the date, or what events will or will not take place, we should be thankful that in this business climate there is a still a business like ZDDPlus that wants to thank its customers and neighbors by hosting a free event. Businesses all over the world are cutting expenses, eliminating these kinds of expenses and here is a company willing to spend the money and invite everyone for a good time and I am reading complaints when instead we should be thanking Richard for hosting the event and inviting us.

Why no track day? The guys with the race cars won't bring them without it and I think a lot of people like seeing and watching them. In fact I would bet more people would probably prefer watching Buicks or taking their own car down the track than meeting some special guest.
my 2 cents!

Sully

You know, Dennis.. I should stay out of this but I think this is a real d!ck move on you guys part. These guys put a lot of effort into making this event happen last year and now youre coming in on their coat tails and snatching it out from under them. Id be pissed too and I think its messed up you guys pulled this.

Clint, hats off to you dude for not rolling over and taking it.
X-2. :wink: Thanks RC for your hospitality, I enjoyed being there last year. This year I don't know........ :(

I was looking forward to going this year. With the Halloween date and the drive from St Louis I will not be making it.:(

Bryan

Geez I see a free event being hosted and people complaining because it's not on the right date (ie the date that suits them) Then I see people complaining because they think Dennis has stolen the show and turned into some kind of carnival.

Last I looked the show is being hosted by Richard Clark and his company ZDDPlus. To me that implies that anything that is happening at his show, he knows about and was involved the final decision.:rolleyes:

I have yet to see any list of events (except an announcement that there will be no track event) May be best to wait for all the details to emerge before you go complaining about what will or will not take place.

Bottom line is this, the event is being hosted by Richard Clark. Decisions as to what will or will not take place are up to him. It may be that HE is interested in having Don Garlits come to his place, see his collection, and he has been kind enough to invite all of us free of charge to share the opportunity. It may just be that Richard asked for Dennis' help in inviting Molly to the event so that the guys in NC would have the opportunity to meet him and possibly get their cars signed by him. Gentlemen think of this as a private party that we have all been invited to. Nobody has hijacked the event because the final decision as to what will take place is up to the host. I think it is very nice of Richard to plan an event and invite us all free of charge. Instead of complaining about the date, or what events will or will not take place, we should be thankful that in this business climate there is a still a business like ZDDPlus that wants to thank its customers and neighbors by hosting a free event. Businesses all over the world are cutting expenses, eliminating these kinds of expenses and here is a company willing to spend the money and invite everyone for a good time and I am reading complaints when instead we should be thanking Richard for hosting the event and inviting us.

Bill

I understand where you are coming from and make some good points. But from the outside looking in you don't now what has happened on this issue besides what has been posted here.

Well as being one of the few people that was involved in getting the ball rolling for this yr's event and having spoke to richard. He has not said a word to me about things that are being planned as of now.

When myself, clint and richard were nailing down the best dates and planning what going to be on the agenda and the name of the event. we had decided on The learning garage and about going back to the track aswell. So if richard has changed his mind over the dates and no going to the track. How come myself and clint don't know anything about it?

It boils down to this...GM TURBO 6 group members started this event as one of their monthy "get togethers". But it was so successful they decided to make it an annual event. If you had started an annual event yourself and had some invited Buick vendors to participate at your event and then when it's time for the next event to come around, one of those vendors decides to make plans himself OVER what you have already planned wouldn't you be pissed? I mean, really... he's already tried to rename the event and now wants to take away the race track time. Plus, having the date on Halloween means less people will show up. I'm sure if he gets his way there will be no dyno time either. I don't think EVERYONE will be interested in just standing around watching people tinker with Richards diagnostic equipment or listening to tech sessions for two days.

I agree, Richard will have the final word with "who does what" and until Richard makes that final decision the fact still remains that GM TURBO 6 is being challenged by Kirban....which is disrespectful. I'm sure Kirban would be pissed if someone else tried to change his annual event. Besides, he already has one...

I have spoken with Mr. Clark.

He will make a post soon concerning this matter.

I am closing this post until he has a chance to post!

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.