Richard Clark Show 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Halloween date will hurt turnout. Lots of Fathers will miss time with their kids and you know how that fares with the wives;) The wife often wins and the dad will not attend. It would be great to have Big Daddy in attendance but most would prefer another date rather than meeting Don Garlits. I'm coming regardless as a vendor but I can hear the wife already:eek:

Late September, early October is a great time frame. Once you get into the late parts of October and early November there are a lot of big events throughout the country and people will have to pick and choose events rather than attending all of them. An earlier date would help everyone.

If those are the dates Mr Clark has available to put on a FREE, top-notch, first class Turbo Buick event with great tech sessions, free dyno time, rare GNX's scattered around, free parts testing, scads of TB parts, free meals both days, free test and tune at the track, vendors selling their wares and a bunch of great guys with a passion for a mid '80's muscle machine then I say Right On. I will be there again as I was last year.

It was an absolute blast!

Clint, let me know if you want anymore of what I brought you last year.

Just my 2 cents...

Hello All,

I was fortunate enough to attend Mr. Clark's event last year along with the rest of the hard working Kirban Performance Crew from PA. Like alot of our fellow Turbo Buick Regal enthusiasts, alot of people spent a lot of time and their hard earned money to attend Mr. Clark's event and travelled great distance's to attend, spending their money on fuel, lodging and food etc and let's not all forget that gas was at a all time high last year during the event making it especially more costly for some of the vendors like Kirban's, Pete Hoffman, Chris' Embroidery, H&R Stuff, etc that were pulling trailers to attend this great incredible event BUT let's all please not forget the money that Mr. Clark put out of his OWN pocket like graciously supplying meals to those registered, sodas, and pizza (many of them) to all that were in attendance. All you had to do was e-mail and register your name and show up so they had a roll call for the caterer, etc. Also Mr. Clark further spent other great amount's of $$ on restroom facilities and even supplied prize money to the winners at the track like Jack Cotton and also supplied three cash prizes to the people who had driven the farthest and longest to attend this incredible event - again out of his own pocket!! And let us all not forget that Mr. Clark was kind enough to open his PRIVATE Turbo facility to allow us a once in a lifetime shot/opportunity to see what most of us would call Turbo Buick Heaven - which it is. For those of us that were lucky enough to attend you know what I am talking about for those that haven't here is a 2nd chance/shot and incredible opportunity to see the most complete PRIVATE Turbo Buick collection of cars, parts AND knowledge under one roof - bar none then anywhere else in the country.

Gentleman, the date is what it is - Halloween and just that. For me personally I would not refer to this as a holiday :confused: , heck we are not talking about Christmas guys! The date won't be perfect for everyone and always work for everyone BUT please also remember there must be a date to get the event rolling and confirmed. This is a pretty big deal with Don Garlits attending and I know alot of people will be very excited to meet him and get his autograph. You may think perhaps, big deal but check again Mr. Garlits does not do a lot of personal appearences these days other then really big shows like SEMA in Las Vegas for Magnaflow Mufflers. I believe he also holds more NHRA records bar none then any other drag racer. Those of you that have been to Mr. Garlits Drag Racing Museum in Ocala, FL will know this and his dedication for over 50 years to drag racing and the NHRA/IHRA and motorsports in general.

This event is a hugh undertaking for the people organizing it including Mr. Clark who is kind enough to open his doors to his PRIVATE facility and allow us to spend a couple of days in Buick Turbo Heaven and doesn't charge a dime for us to attend and heck even provides us with food! Trust me when I say you won't find this kind of hospitality in to many places this day and age especially with the economy the way it is now...anyone see lately what they charge to get into event's like the Mopar Nationals! Not cheap...I rest my case.

So Gentlemen, the date's set for the event, let's get excited about it and not starting a moaning contest about it plan to attend and have a fabulous time. I will be attending and travelling almost 2000 miles to get there at great expense (just like the rest of you) am I complaining, heck no...it's Turbo Buick Heaven and I would rather be no where else during that time!

Thank's Mr. Clark for keeping the dream alive and for your kind and incredible hospitality and dedication of your knowledge and time to the Turbo Buick Community! :biggrin:

Jason K Maxfield

kirban 2 cents worth

The event is called ZDDPlus 2009 Reunion Event

The dates are Saturday Oct 31st and Sunday Nov 1st. Also, for early arrivals friday afternoon will be possible as well.

We will soon post who you have to email to register for meal ticket for each day or both days. The event has been posted is 100% free. This is a rare opportunity regardless of the date.

We did not purposely start out by picking this weekend. Ten years ago there would be plenty of available dates, now something is going on almost every weekend somewhere in the country. For many of us, Halloween is not on the same level as Christmas or Thanksgiving.

We also have to work around some of the big names we are tryng to line up and their schedules. Don Garlits represents ZDDPlus. This is a chance to meet one of the biggest names in drag racing in a small menu situation. The guy over 50 years time span holds an incredible amount of records.

Soon as we have others confirmed you will see that this event will be worth attending. Since people are not paying to come and it is not designed to be a money making event, it doesn't need big numbers of attendees....

If you attended last year you know what you are in for. We got several surprises in the works.

Hope to see you there.....

Hello All,

I was fortunate enough to attend Mr. Clark's event last year along with the rest of the hard working Kirban Performance Crew from PA. Like alot of our fellow Turbo Buick Regal enthusiasts, alot of people spent a lot of time and their hard earned money to attend Mr. Clark's event and travelled great distance's to attend, spending their money on fuel, lodging and food etc and let's not all forget that gas was at a all time high last year during the event making it especially more costly for some of the vendors like Kirban's, Pete Hoffman, Chris' Embroidery, H&R Stuff, etc that were pulling trailers to attend this great incredible event BUT let's all please not forget the money that Mr. Clark put out of his OWN pocket like graciously supplying meals to those registered, sodas, and pizza (many of them) to all that were in attendance. All you had to do was e-mail and register your name and show up so they had a roll call for the caterer, etc. Also Mr. Clark further spent other great amount's of $$ on restroom facilities and even supplied prize money to the winners at the track like Jack Cotton and also supplied three cash prizes to the people who had driven the farthest and longest to attend this incredible event - again out of his own pocket!! And let us all not forget that Mr. Clark was kind enough to open his PRIVATE Turbo facility to allow us a once in a lifetime shot/opportunity to see what most of us would call Turbo Buick Heaven - which it is. For those of us that were lucky enough to attend you know what I am talking about for those that haven't here is a 2nd chance/shot and incredible opportunity to see the most complete PRIVATE Turbo Buick collection of cars, parts AND knowledge under one roof - bar none then anywhere else in the country.

Gentleman, the date is what it is - Halloween and just that. For me personally I would not refer to this as a holiday :confused: , heck we are not talking about Christmas guys! The date won't be perfect for everyone and always work for everyone BUT please also remember there must be a date to get the event rolling and confirmed. This is a pretty big deal with Don Garlits attending and I know alot of people will be very excited to meet him and get his autograph. You may think perhaps, big deal but check again Mr. Garlits does not do a lot of personal appearences these days other then really big shows like SEMA in Las Vegas for Magnaflow Mufflers. I believe he also holds more NHRA records bar none then any other drag racer. Those of you that have been to Mr. Garlits Drag Racing Museum in Ocala, FL will know this and his dedication for over 50 years to drag racing and the NHRA/IHRA and motorsports in general.

This event is a hugh undertaking for the people organizing it including Mr. Clark who is kind enough to open his doors to his PRIVATE facility and allow us to spend a couple of days in Buick Turbo Heaven and doesn't charge a dime for us to attend and heck even provides us with food! Trust me when I say you won't find this kind of hospitality in to many places this day and age especially with the economy the way it is now...anyone see lately what they charge to get into event's like the Mopar Nationals! Not cheap...I rest my case.

So Gentlemen, the date's set for the event, let's get excited about it and not starting a moaning contest about it plan to attend and have a fabulous time. I will be attending and travelling almost 2000 miles to get there at great expense (just like the rest of you) am I complaining, heck no...it's Turbo Buick Heaven and I would rather be no where else during that time!

Thank's Mr. Clark for keeping the dream alive and for your kind and incredible hospitality and dedication of your knowledge and time to the Turbo Buick Community! :biggrin:

Jason K Maxfield

I guess that the GM Turbo-6 group didn't do anything for last 2 events huh! :confused:

As most of you know that there has already been 2 open house meets there in 2008.

Is there gonna be any track action this time around aswell?

...along with the rest of the hard working Kirban Performance Crew from PA.

Jason,

You've got to be kidding me dude...!! You do know that this was a local event long before anyone from out of state got involved, right!?!? And all the "hard work" was accomplished well before hand of the event by local enthusiasts!!

Even most of this years homework was already done locally...

K.

Every one involved had a big hand in the success of the show the last year starting with Clint and the Turbo 6 group. If you were there on Sunday afternoon last year Clint thanked alot of the people involved that helped make the event a success.

Pete

I guess that the GM Turbo-6 group didn't do anything for last 2 events huh! :confused:

As most of you know that there has already been 2 open house meets there in 2008.

Is there gonna be any track action this time around as well?

alert the press!! I finally found something that Pat & I can agree on.:eek:

Jason,

You've got to be kidding me dude...!! You do know that this was a local event long before anyone from out of state got involved, right!?!? And all the "hard work" was accomplished well before hand of the event by local enthusiasts!!

Even most of this years homework was already done locally...

K.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I mean this in no disrespect to Mr. Clark, BUT it looks like to me that Clint & the GM Turbo-6 group has been SH** ON! for all you folks that are driving the distance please understand the hostility that is happening here. our local group has taken car of alot that happens here in NC for the Buick community. then the Kirbans decide to take the credit & call the shots.

I missed last year and definitely planned on attending this year for sure but If it's 2 weeks before the Reynolds event I'm going to have to pass, Just too close personally.. With all the space between Buick events I believe it could have been spaced Little better.

Some fathers will catch grief like I did last year for the Reynolds event. Although Halloween may Not be considered as a Holiday to some older men tell that to the children! I have two kids who treat Halloween as if it were like X-Mass. Personally my wife and children both missed me last year because that was the first time I wasn't there with them.

I think regardless of what Holiday it is, scheduling any event on a Holiday is not a wise decision period! It WILL hurt the attendance that COULD be!

Just my .02 worth..

Scot W.

If its on the 31st, I will not be attending.

I dont think Jason meant any disrespect to Clint. He lives in Canada and is not a local TR owner. Anyone involved in last years show knows how much time and hard work Clint put into the show.

Pete

kirban 2 cents worth

The event is called ZDDPlus 2009 Reunion Event

The dates are Saturday Oct 31st and Sunday Nov 1st. Also, for early arrivals friday afternoon will be possible as well.

We will soon post who you have to email to register for meal ticket for each day or both days. The event has been posted is 100% free. This is a rare opportunity regardless of the date.

We did not purposely start out by picking this weekend. Ten years ago there would be plenty of available dates, now something is going on almost every weekend somewhere in the country. For many of us, Halloween is not on the same level as Christmas or Thanksgiving.

We also have to work around some of the big names we are tryng to line up and their schedules. Don Garlits represents ZDDPlus. This is a chance to meet one of the biggest names in drag racing in a small menu situation. The guy over 50 years time span holds an incredible amount of records.

Soon as we have others confirmed you will see that this event will be worth attending. Since people are not paying to come and it is not designed to be a money making event, it doesn't need big numbers of attendees....

If you attended last year you know what you are in for. We got several surprises in the works.

Hope to see you there.....

Whats on the agenda for the event besides having a few special guests? I was under the impression that this event was gonna be called the learning garage and that there was gonna be stations set-up to work on/test parts of the TR so guys could get a refresher or learn something new. Then there was a dyno day planned along with the track time.

Clint mentioned earlier in this thread some of the details. More info will be available after bowling Green. I didnt realize its only a little over a week away.

Pete

Is there gonna be any track action this time around aswell?

kirban 2 cents worth

There is no track event this time around. I realize 2 events were in the past, and we are not here to whine as to who does what or takes credit for what one reason title of event does not have my company name in it. The event is fully sponsored and paid for by ZDDPlus....the date is what works for the majority of people connected to the event on a national level not simply for NC owners.

It is not a event that makes money, it is simply designed to have a good time and see Richard vast collection, test items etc..

We are in the midst of talking to several people about this event. We need to bury the hatchet as to who did what and when and concentrate on making it a good event.

It took Pontiac and GTO over 20 years to have a COMBINED National event because of issues. Sounds stupid don't it since every GTO has a Pontiac heritage but its true this summer will be the time in history that GTO and Pontiac combined for one national event which benefits everyone.

The sad part is Pontiac has been sent to the grave....hope you see my point......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

alert the press!! I finally found something that Pat & I can agree on.:eek:

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I mean this in no disrespect to Mr. Clark, BUT it looks like to me that Clint & the GM Turbo-6 group has been SH** ON! for all you folks that are driving the distance please understand the hostility that is happening here. our local group has taken car of alot that happens here in NC for the Buick community. then the Kirbans decide to take the credit & call the shots.

kirban 2 cents worth

First, kirbans (us) we are not here to take the credit, you really believe that as a major company in the Buick turbo business we need to take credit for an event?

Read all the posts, remember the entire event is free......to all those that come. Where did it ever read kirbans event......We have done several major events way back when the cars were practically new.

Move on...life is too short......notice the vent is called ZDDPlus Reunion.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

In life you can't please all the people all the time..........every Buick vendor can certainily attest to that statement as well as anyone that is involved in sales.

Dennis Kirban will be dressed up like Don Gartlits & handing out Halloween Candy.

Please get your kids to dress like Jay Carter.

I think that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Bring the Kids & see a car show.

kirban 2 cents worth

Brian is coming as Santa Claus so he can confuse all the kids as to which major holiday it is....

Kidding Brian I don't know how to post funny little faces.....

You probably liked my line about not pleasing all the people all the time..........

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hey I should have your parts next week they ran them the other day....

In a strange way conflict will increase traffic to this thread so when we have other announcements to make it will be well read.....

Life is too short to bicker over such minor things.........be more concerned this week at avoiding people that sneeze near me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.