Recessed tip spark plugs???

i use the AR3933 in alum heads. I have tons of street miles and race miles on them.

ill pick up some 42's just for the track & keep my 43's in for daily driving.. What gap are u using? Most say .32, i think mine are currently set to .40. Thanks for the replies..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Most go around .032 for stock boost levels, then close the gap to about .028 when running 30#'s.

That was me who melted the tip off the autolite

Maybe the .035 gap @30psi was a lil much

That was me who melted the tip off the autolite

Maybe the .035 gap @30psi was a lil much

What plug (cylinder)? What fuel pump? Running Alky?

Not the pug gap that melted it.

I run a .040 gap with a TR6 box and NGK UR5's at 30psi with my little blower and no problems. The wider gap makes the lean cruise run smoother too.

So I need to change to projected tip plugs for road trips and recessed plugs for track. :)

You should keep IAT in your thought process when selecting plugs too. Ambient temps, charge air temps, etc..

ok so what do yall think about staying with the r43ts with a 35ish gap on street boost which is 14-18psi with 93 & street tt chip & changing to 42's with a .32 gap @ 25-27 psi on track day with a race tt chip?

My father use to be a outboard motor mechanic back in the 70-80's. If I remember correctly, Champion made a plug, for a Johnson, that had no tip at all. I've always wondered how it would work in a turbo buick being as we have to close our gaps in order to keep the flame from blowing out. Also along with not having a electrode poking out in the combustion chamber thus creating a hot spot. The outboards would use them because of poor ignition system and trying to light off the fuel mixture with the 2 stroke oil. Look at the very bottom of the link, it's called surface discharge or surface gap. http://www.ngk.com/glossary/8/spark-plug/S

Same type plug they use on light aircraft engines. I have no idea why but they usually redline well below 3,000 RPM.