Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Kirban Update

First gotta make a correction post 695 McGuver had the correct answer last round beating out GN Rick which neither matters at this point as this current contest lasted all of 10 mins.

BINGO post 700 Paulie nailed both answers I was seeking....which may be the only two answers that apply. Word has it HP rating differed ever so slightly truth be told I doubt any two Turbo Regals dynoed close to the same vast differences....even when cars were new.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

same rules current winner has to take a pass on the next round.

Kirban Update

Next question on the agenda....

Your focused on the wonderful power master brake unit.

Several parts on it have several versions you can see from car to car today.

I can think of 8.

Here are 2 of the 8 Brake switch black or grey was possible

You are naming 6 other versions related to the actual powermaster brake unit.

Getting tougher for me the teacher to think up questions related to these cars......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban Update

Next question on the agenda....

Your focused on the wonderful power master brake unit.

Several parts on it have several versions you can see from car to car today.

I can think of 8.

Here are 2 of the 8 Brake switch black or grey was possible

You are naming 6 other versions related to the actual powermaster brake unit.

Getting tougher for me the teacher to think up questions related to these cars......

denniskirban@yahoo.com
I know it's been mentioned by others, but I really enjoy this contest, Dennis. It allows us mere mortals in the TR world to absorb some of your knowledge. According to my math, you have presented us with just shy of 60 questions... If I'm incorrect, I hope the class will correct me. Keep up the good work, Dennis!

kirban update

appreciate Paulie taking time to count the questions I have posed to the group. also I do not consider myself any better than my readers with turbo regals ....I just happened to have studied these cars a lot when I was buying them in the early 1990s-2000s. My two biggest years was 1999 and 2000 when I bought and sold 44 Turbo Regals each of those 2 years also basically their is really no 100% wrong answers.....mistakes were made on these cars. Granted production was limited to basically Flint and finished up at Pontiac.

Earlier GM muscle cars GTOs were built in over a dozen different production plants so for those cars various difference did exist on the same model year. Mistakes on our cars was mostly limited to poor quality control, old equipment, and lack of attention to detail.

While many short comings can be pointed out black paint jobs is probably the most visible area. Even ASC wanted to reshoot the examples that they turned into GNXs from what I was told years ago. Time was not on their side to do it nor probably the alloted budget.

Mistakes aside did not put a damper on their values as time has shown.

I too am learning more as readers have pointed out other possible answers as well.

Meantime current question is still not been solved......

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Accumulator started black, then got yellow wording. I think it changed a third time. Ditched mine years ago for hydroboost. Not sure how many wins I have but can't be 15. As for difference between 86 and 87, the p/s footwell light socket is different. I know because I once owned an 86 and 87 at the same time, along with a TTA.

kirban Update

GN Rick has nailed 3 of the answers I seek 3 more answers needed on PM changes....original bowl was solid black, second design GM had yellow screened wording on it third design is what we sell now comes from cardone. We really pushed cardone to get behind that project because without it their would be no rebuilt pm brake units.....

I am also fortunate they rebuild them in Philadelphia so I get quick turn around on my units.

Granted several options exist to stop your turbo regal but a good many owners want to stick with the original format myself included.

still seeking 3 more changes on the pm for the current question.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

somewhere a we4 is running around with the very first cardone brake bowl on it. as we did the initial testing....probably 10 years ago as I know we did it at our new house and we been here I think 12 years...over the years their is a bunch of my old cars running around with prototype parts on it...mini cooper S, few C4 & C5 corvettes, 04 cobra, few notchbacks...6-speed camaro....dozen different BMWs with cold air boxes on them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've heard there are different sizes of fluid bowls. A smaller and a larger one. I forget which but one is wrong and causes even more issues with the ScareMaster.
Last PM I owned was in 1995.

BINGO above post 707 nailed it PM had 3 different possible brake reservoirs....slanted version was on station wagons I guess for hood clearance, non slanted was our cars and they also had a narrow one that was an early one.

Approximate use is my guesses but 3 versions existed, 3 versions of brake bowls exist and 2 versions for brake switches gives you a total of 8 choices......

In case readers are wondering all 3 of my test cars had the pm on them never switched any of them out. actually hardly had any issues with the pm on any of my personal cars. yet brake parts is a major part of our retail business like daily....

everyone can play on the next question as it is not an easy one. it is not 100% turbo related but it will lead to a question that is turbo regal related.

confused?

read on

denniskirban@yahoo.com

here goes:

Again answer has to match mine.

I am thinking of 4 different GM cars built between mid 1960s and early 2000

Two belong to one GM make and two belong to another GM make.

I been fortunate I never owned any of the 4 in question!

One of the 4 may be tough to name but pay attention to the ones you guess and you should be able to figure it out.

In most circles they are considered a flop or a failure....by magazine writers etc plus all had a short life span.

When you begin your list you will see a common thread wit the correct 4 answers....

Those are the clues:

Game on players

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Oldsmobile diesel, Cadillac Cimarron, chevette, vega and ev1.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Kirban Update:

On the above guesses between everyone you have nailed 3 of them. They are the Chevy Corvair, Citation, Caddy Cimmarron. We are stil missing one re-read the clues to nail the 4th.

Believe it or not....this contest will eventually tie into a Turbo Regal question that I doubt anyone can guess correctly.

As for another clue on the missing car notice a certain common thread in the 3 already named....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

PS; My opinion the Aztech would also be in the running for the ugliest GM car of that time period. Sales people must have sold them at nite! How could a car maker produce such winners as the GTO and near the end come out with the Aztech....

BINGO

Between several players the 4 cars had in mind have now been mentioned 2 for chevy Corvair and Citation, for Caddy Cimarron and the Catera.

All basic failures for one reason or another. Corvair basically killed by oil leaks and Ralph Nader, Citation not sure why but it was a flop, Cimarron as Caddy thought it could fancy up a small car for the Caddy buyer, Catera think it had serious engine issues.

Interesting all 4 begin with the letter "C" one step further the Catera spokesperson was Cindy Crawford at one point in time. (Going by memory).

The tricky part is the next question and how any of this relates in some small way to the Turbo Regal. But their is one slight connection.

Everyone is eligible for the next question.....

see next post

denniskirban@yahoo.com