Pump Gas Race agaist 2005 GTO

An LSx motor in a 3900# plus A4 GTO is not typically going to be a low 13 car stock. It is in a lighter f-body depending on driver.

The bet shouldn't be called off just because he got smart and started doing some reading on your ride. He made the bet and talked the smack, he should live up to his original bet no matter what he's read, thats a cop out. He nade his bed so now he's got to sleep in it. If it was for bragging rights around the office I'd rub his face in his cop out then :D

Rob,

I Agree, but I'll just let it be and see how the Outcome is!!

And as for these LS2 GTO's it's just so DAM disappointing that thier:

A. So Freakin Heavy..Killin ET's

B. IRS....Killin 60's

C. So DAM Expensive to make fast (compared to the Buicks that is)

If it wasn't for those 3 things I'd BUY one....

Results,

I got a call Sat morning before I left, HE WIMPED OUT :eek:

Anyhow, I really wanted to see what I could do on Pump Gas at 17lbs..
with an EASY 3 to 5 lb. Launch:

Run 1

60=1.954
12.923@104.94

Run 2

60=1.838
12.662@106.50

On the 1st run I pushed through the beams and I left in OD (Dumbass)..
I was satisfied at that point and didn't feel like waiting 2 hours for another pass...

TClassic said:
Results,

I got a call Sat morning before I left, HE WIMPED OUT :eek:

Anyhow, I really wanted to see what I could do on Pump Gas at 17lbs..
with an EASY 3 to 5 lb. Launch:

Run 1

60=1.954
12.923@104.94

Run 2

60=1.838
12.662@106.50

On the 1st run I pushed through the beams and I left in OD (Dumbass)..
I was satisfied at that point and didn't feel like waiting 2 hours for another pass...

Impressive....What fuel did you use?

Thanks Lee, that was NO RACE GAS, just 94 & Zylene (which by the way I get for $5.04 a gallon in 5 gallon containers at Duron Paints)

And I got only 1 frame with 0.9 degree all the others were clean at 17-18lbs, needless to say I was VERY satisfied with that especially considering I still have the original 17year old valvesprings...

TClassic said:
Thanks Lee, that was NO RACE GAS, just 94 & Zylene (which by the way I get for $5.04 a gallon in 5 gallon containers at Duron Paints)

And I got only 1 frame with 0.9 degree all the others were clean at 17-18lbs, needless to say I was VERY satisfied with that especially considering I still have the original 17year old valvesprings...
ALCHY....

My '04 got down to 13.25 bone stock. There have been some that have been down to 13.1.

'05's have been in the 12.9x on occasion. There are also stock '05's with just Nittos running 12.6-.7. Only A4 cars as the M6 cars just can't launch as good. Even Pontiac said the '05 A4 GTO's were .1 second faster than the M6 and it seems to be panning out that way.

It would have been a good race had he showed up :)

As I said on LS1GTO, get rid of that chip. Its just too much for pump gas. Low timing, higher boost. You'll be low 12's :D