What next to get me into the 11's on pump gas?

You need to re-think this one. Youre not going in the 11's very long with a stock/near stock trans. Also E85 or alky injection will be needed since you have a stock engine. You cant simply raise rpm and expect a mass flow increase with stock heads because it wont happen. Id expect you to spend $5000 and do most of the work yourself (except the trans) to have a solid 11 sec reliable car. You will need 25-28psi and a good set of tires after youve updated the trans and built your fuel system or added alky injection. Alky injection will cost less because you will save on fuel system modification. Either way its going to cost you and if you arent doing all the work yourself except the trans the labor will be another expense.

Low 12=upgrade trans sooner than later. You won't make 11s on your 2k budget. The tranny will pretty much blow it. If you want mid 11s reliably I'ld go for a rebuilt trans with hard parts, a Pat's 12" 2800 stall for your TA49, 60lb injectors, alky, TT chip, drag radials, free flowing exhaust, lower control arms. Tune for 27lbs and work on launch. 11s are not "easy", if it was you would see everyone with 11s in the sig. Takes money, all systems functioning correctly and matched, patience and time. For sure it can be done for less if you do most of the work yourself. You may find used injectors, chip and alky kits with so many switching to E85.

Trans first, then I'll figure out Alky or E85 for the car this winter. I guess I need to find someone in the Chicagoland area who can beef up my stock tranny. I have heard of TSI Transmissions and will need to contact them and try and figure out who else is good in the area.

Low 12=upgrade trans sooner than later. You won't make 11s on your 2k budget. The tranny will pretty much blow it. If you want mid 11s reliably I'ld go for a rebuilt trans with hard parts, a Pat's 12" 2800 stall for your TA49, 60lb injectors, alky, TT chip, drag radials, free flowing exhaust, lower control arms. Tune for 27lbs and work on launch. 11s are not "easy", if it was you would see everyone with 11s in the sig. Takes money, all systems functioning correctly and matched, patience and time. For sure it can be done for less if you do most of the work yourself. You may find used injectors, chip and alky kits with so many switching to E85.

Being a smart shopper is key! My car had the power to hit the 11's if I spent some more time at the track. I definitely had less than 2k in it. Used Scanmaster 2.1, Rebuilt 6131 and converter from Bison, 42lb + TT Chip (used), refurbished Alkycontrol kit from Kirban, HD Springs (only new thing on my car), used Terry Houston pipe, and some elbow greese. Not long after all that did I find out what ripping a trans out of the car was like! :eek: . Transmission fluid in your hair for days! If I had to do it all over again, I would have done the trans first! Listen to what these guys are saying! Oh, and Alkycontrol is the single best mod you can do to your Buick.. Makes you smile whenever that light turns green :D. (You'll understand when you get one.)

a lot of good info to your question, no need to try and reinvent the wheel here. if your gonna try without doing some necessary upgrades as have been posted your gonna start breaking stuff unnecessarily(your not gonna run consistent reliable 11's on a stock motor on pump gas).