Precision 6466 pump gas only testing

Just to add a little info... I filled up the tank with 93 octane in Jupiter and drove 135 mils to Orlando. We figured I had 10 gal. left in the tank and
dumped in 2 qts of the stuff...we figured it was around 105 octane for the test. As Cal said, the stuff definitely had a dramatic effect and
if we had continued, the numbers would have been somewhat higher....but we ran out of time and Cal felt that the test was pretty conclusive anyway and so we shut it down.
It turned out to be a pretty good day and I soaked up a ton of knowledge from the man with all the answers ...;)

Thanks for the math lesson. I was worried you were going to talk Theory of Relativity and Time Travel

Well I figured I would break it down for you as 1 qt for 15 gallons won't give you 110.. someone may just quickly read it and think that..

At any rate it does work.. but to get the higher octanes .. you need alot of it.. then its not so cost effective as other solutions

If my math is correct it costs $.75 per gallon to bump 93 to 95 ... performance/boost wise, would there be much of a difference going this route?
The cost is almost 0 detonation....no price on that..

Agreed just wondering if im setting my sights too low at 95 octane ..

I found this thread very interesting. I ordered a can of Boostane today and plan on performing some dyno tests and will post the results. And if everything goes well, i'll take the car to the track again and see the improvements.

I tried the Boostane to try to find out if the knock I'm seeing it octane related. Not conclusive but I will tell you to make sure you use gloves and a good funnel. You do not want to get that stuff on your skin. The first time I used it I did and immediately felt sick. Ran to the sink and washed off as fast as I could but was nauseous and dizzy for an hour. Next time I used a good set of thick rubber gloves while pouring it in and held my breath. Put the empty can out side. No problems with being super careful.

I tried the Boostane to try to find out if the knock I'm seeing it octane related. Not conclusive but I will tell you to make sure you use gloves and a good funnel. You do not want to get that stuff on your skin. The first time I used it I did and immediately felt sick. Ran to the sink and washed off as fast as I could but was nauseous and dizzy for an hour. Next time I used a good set of thick rubber gloves while pouring it in and held my breath. Put the empty can out side. No problems with being super careful.
Same thing with torco, you gotta hold the bottle away from your face head turned arms stretched out like its a can of fire, the fumes are rancid..

I have been in touch with the guys from boostane as well. Waiting on a mixing app for my android phone. What af do you tune for with this stuff? How much timing advance did you run? I know all setups are different but this would give me an idea on what to shoot for.

I'm getting knock at a pretty specific spot that I think is valve noise but I wanted to try high octane with no lead to see. Lowered timing and injecting alky as well. Knock is at the same spot so I'm looking at a weak lifter I think. Either way it's worth the money to test. I just threw 2 quarts into 10 gallons and gave it a try.

I have been in touch with the guys from boostane as well. Waiting on a mixing app for my android phone. What af do you tune for with this stuff? How much timing advance did you run? I know all setups are different but this would give me an idea on what to shoot for.

Tell them I recommended Boostane.

In the testing we did, we never reached detonation. You should be able to tune it just like race gas. Your boost level will dictate how much timing and what a/f to run. I would start around 20-22 psi @ 18° & around 11.5 A/F. Then start going up on the boost from there.

In the testing we did, we never reached detonation. You should be able to tune it just like race gas. Your boost level will dictate how much timing and what a/f to run. I would start around 20-22 psi @ 18° & around 11.5 A/F. Then start going up on the boost from there.
I figure I'll rent the dyno for a couple of hours. If I can run 24 psi with 20 degrees timing, I'll be very happy. That should put me in the 10.60's at maybe 128 MPH. That would totally be worth the $25 per quart.

Will do and thank you for the tip! Reread this thread and realized how healthy grey racers motor is. I bet his cylinder heads are flowing some air. Very strong combo for sure!

Just to add a little info... I filled up the tank with 93 octane in Jupiter and drove 135 mils to Orlando. We figured I had 10 gal. left in the tank and
dumped in 2 qts of the stuff...we figured it was around 105 octane for the test. As Cal said, the stuff definitely had a dramatic effect and
if we had continued, the numbers would have been somewhat higher....but we ran out of time and Cal felt that the test was pretty conclusive anyway and so we shut it down.
It turned out to be a pretty good day and I soaked up a ton of knowledge from the man with all the answers ...;)
Grey Racer is your GN Iron/aluminum, ported/ unported and whats your static c/r?