precesion SLIC vs front mount

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
i could not find a post but am wondering what was some of the best times with a SLIC and would i gain anything.i have a precesion slic on my car now and was offered a nice front mount on a even tradei know some have cooling problems with a front mount and if i would see no gains i dont think i would switch.

I beleive Jack Cotton has said in the past "not alot of difference between a pte slic & a front mount"...

i could not find a post but am wondering what was some of the best times with a SLIC and would i gain anything.i have a precesion slic on my car now and was offered a nice front mount on a even tradei know some have cooling problems with a front mount and if i would see no gains i dont think i would switch.
There is a reason someone offered to trade. The pte slic is that good

not sure what you mean? step up to what over the pte slic?

YES most figure it would help us a lot buy goin to a FMIC. !! BUT the only problem I have are the ones that tell me to step it up are not near us in et/time. We have a simple tried an true set up that takes a beating.. Kinda old school now(none of the cool guy parts):p . So when the woulda coulda shoulda's can "Show" me better results then Ill give it a whirl.. :D

Grumpy said:
YES most figure it would help us a lot buy goin to a FMIC. !! BUT the only problem I have are the ones that tell me to step it up are not near us in et/time. We have a simple tried an true set up that takes a beating.. Kinda old school now(none of the cool guy parts):p . So when the woulda coulda shoulda's can "Show" me better results then Ill give it a whirl.. :D
The cast 67 wheel, small cam,'so so heads, and other close to stock stuff doesnt work at all either since you "only" went 9's with it:p

What kind of radiator and fan setup are you running? What are your temps? Just wondering since I'm picking up a pte fm saturday. Originally wanted a slic but I'm getting this for a decent price so I figured I'd try it out.

The cast 67 wheel, small cam,'so so heads, and other close to stock stuff doesnt work at all either since you "only" went 9's with it:p

hahahaha... I remember when 9s were FAST !!:p Nowadays look out for a lot of the new cars sneaking up on ya :D

ok... crashing here.. later guys :)

i think om going to stick with my slic because it is working good right now.GRUMPY what ECM and MAF sensor are you running in melissas car.i want to stay with a stock ecm and a SD chip and run some 9s or even a translator and a LS MAF to try to keep it simple.

i think om going to stick with my slic because it is working good right now.GRUMPY what ECM and MAF sensor are you running in melissas car.i want to stay with a stock ecm and a SD chip and run some 9s or even a translator and a LS MAF to try to keep it simple.

We had 60# inj with a stock ECM.. A reg translater NOT the plus. Turbo Tweak for the tuning. YUP keepin it simple is what I try to stay with. :cool:

We had 60# inj with a stock ECM.. A reg translater NOT the plus. Turbo Tweak for the tuning. YUP keepin it simple is what I try to stay with. :cool:
man what was the DC on them injectors,what TT chip were you running,also was that with a single fuel pump.

Melissa had...
212/212 of the shelf hydraulic roller
champion iron heads
67 Gtq ball bearing precision turbo cast wheel
9/11 converter, overdrive trans
Single intank pump
Stock crank cut 20/20 109 w girdle
Dual nozzle razors kit, and a cas v4 stock location intercooler
I believe this was on the 275 drag radial too.

Melissa had...
212/212 of the shelf hydraulic roller
champion iron heads
67 Gtq ball bearing precision turbo cast wheel
9/11 converter, overdrive trans
Single intank pump
Stock crank cut 20/20 109 w girdle
Dual nozzle razors kit, and a cas v4 stock location intercooler
I believe this was on the 275 drag radial too.
dont forget a killer tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tune tune

dont forget a killer tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tune tune

This is true, and mentioned often, but Grumpy doesn't have a crazy setup. He even runs a stock ecm still and with today's access to knowledge, his results are repeatable with good, sound parts, and a no knock tune, which anyone should be able to achieve these days. He's not breaking records, but is using what he has to its potential. Not to take anything away from Grumpy; I admire everything he has done with relatively common parts. We can all learn a lot from these guys getting it done with off the shelf or even stock stuff.