Melissa had...
212/212 of the shelf hydraulic roller
champion iron heads
67 Gtq ball bearing precision turbo cast wheel
9/11 converter, overdrive trans
Single intank pump
Stock crank cut 20/20 109 w girdle
Dual nozzle razors kit, and a cas v4 stock location intercooler
I believe this was on the 275 drag radial too.

Don't forget to take the driver of the car into consideration also not just the simple combo of the car, Melissa is a great drag racer with a lot of track experience. I believe i read that she had ran her 11 second GN for a few years at the tracks before the performance of the power plant was increased to the level that she could run the car into the 9 second range at 138 mph.

Ya, I watched her tail lights go down the track ahead of me several times. I hated to line up with her. I knew I was going to loose. Very consistant 60's and straight down the track.

This is true, and mentioned often, but Grumpy doesn't have a crazy setup. He even runs a stock ecm still and with today's access to knowledge, his results are repeatable with good, sound parts, and a no knock tune, which anyone should be able to achieve these days. He's not breaking records, but is using what he has to its potential. Not to take anything away from Grumpy; I admire everything he has done with relatively common parts. We can all learn a lot from these guys getting it done with off the shelf or even stock stuff.

So true,one of the best things about these cars is the people that own them are always willing to help and share their ideas:cool: .Lots of smart old guys like the Grump,Nick,Jay and the list goes on:D .Oh and having a girl drive is always a plus:p

Don't forget to take the driver of the car into consideration also not just the simple combo of the car, Melissa is a great drag racer with a lot of track experience. I believe i read that she had ran her 11 second GN for a few years at the tracks before the performance of the power plant was increased to the level that she could run the car into the 9 second range at 138 mph.

She is also lighter than most Buick guys I have met. :D