Personal best this weekend

It's cool to have this kind of a friendly oversea competition:), I hope to get on a real track this year to improve my time. At concrete my best 60ft has been 1.21 and on better track 1.17. Unfortunately I broke my timing chain this weekend and now have my hands full to get it ready for next race. I have planned one race at Finland at the beginning of a september but nobody knows where you have set the bar at this time already ;) . My 7.5 certed chassis sets me some limits but the plan is to break them at the end of a season :cool:.

You have my respect with the times you have ran besides being a nice looking car. I agree with the friendly oversea competition and im up for the challenge:) The second you run a 7.54 or quicker i will turn mine up LOL;) What size turbo are you running and what trans?

Unfortunately I broke my timing chain this weekend.

I ran a oil line to the front cover that sprays oil on the chain
and also i turn the motor back and forth by hand to feel the timing chain slop after a weekend of racing.Someday im going to put my belt drive on

Best pass was a 7.70 @ 177 Mph..The car was on a rail this weekend and turning it down to 30# boost it still went 7.66@ 184Mph. Im going to update my sig right now :)
Gene,
what was the 1/8 et and mph on the 7.70 pass.

You have my respect with the times you have ran besides being a nice looking car. I agree with the friendly oversea competition and im up for the challenge:) The second you run a 7.54 or quicker i will turn mine up LOL;) What size turbo are you running and what trans?
I'm running a 94mm Garrett this year, trans is a beefed up PG - nothing special.

Geno, I'm studying your log, and I have come to the conclusion you need to run more boost, and this will make a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE IN HP .......35 lbs from start to finish. If you wear your set of Depends....the 3 lbs of boost are estimated worth 250hp!

Geno, I'm studying your log, and I have come to the conclusion you need to run more boost, and this will make a SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE IN HP .......35 lbs from start to finish. If you wear your set of Depends....the 3 lbs of boost are estimated worth 250hp!
Now your starting to sound like somebody else and i have to ask you the same question.. How fast have you gone with less and when are you writing the check. I run my car as fast as i want and the way i want to run it;) The reason i get 2 or 3 years of service before i take it apart is because i run what im comfortable with and dont say im going to set the world on fire. There are other Buicks that run faster and quicker than me and but im happy right were im at for the time being:D

Your starting to sound like some other Canadians on this board...Its not relevant how fast I gone or plan to go:) If your comfortable with what you have that is perfect, but all I am saying the data is pointing to a higher boost for efficiency... Ask Cal for his opinion on this also..

Norb

If it was your car and you had all your time and money in it would you turn the boost up just because somebody said you should? Alot of people want to help but if you really want to help send cash or parts;)

If it was your car and you had all your time and money in it would you turn the boost up just because somebody said you should? Alot of people want to help but if you really want to help send cash or parts;)

Yes I would, if the data supported what the other person is suggesting, but I would get a few more opinions from other reputable tuners as well. BTW you may want to increase your injector size, or add another set of injectors as your current levels will not support the HP you will make at 35 psi safely.

BTW you may want to increase your injector size, or add another set of injectors as your current levels will not support the HP you will make at 35 psi safely.

This is exactly what tips me over:rolleyes: I run 40# base FP and at 90# they flow 550# so is that enough for you?(Moran 550# injectors) I saw the DC go to 85% and just need to turn the fuel pressure up to run more boost.Witch makes it harder to have fuel control at idle with a large injector and gets more alcohol in the oil.(See you could learn instead of teach)I really dont need peoples opinion and like i said if you really want to help send parts and money:confused: Go to the garage and finish your car and show me how its done with a time slip. I thought you might learn something from the info i gave you not tell me what im doing wrong:mad: You have alot to learn if you think you know it all:p

I would get a few more opinions from other reputable tuners as well.

So you are saying your a reputable tuner and i need to know whos cars you have tuned and how fast have they went?

Geno, I do apologize, your injectors are large enough , I forgot they were #550 in size, your present fuel pressure on the log is 50 psi base and your duty cycle went to 89.4%@35.2 psi. However if its causing issues raising the FP you should consult your tuner for a solution. I have tuned a few v8 turbo cars, but they only were on the dyno and I am no professional, your taking my words in the wrong interpretation.:)

your present fuel pressure on the log is 50 psi base and your duty cycle went to 89.4%@35.2 psi. :)

Thanks for keeping me up to date and is there a test to give me now? Do you also know what the fuel pressure is under 3400Rpm at idle because of my mechanical pump if you do you can read minds?Just quit it and go work on your car dude and let that pipe cool down.
There is a reason people like Cotton,Billy Anderson,Dan Strezo, dont post here anymore:mad:
Just say congrads and respect what the car does and stop picking at me:rolleyes:

Geno, you have balls of steel !! ( as does anyone else running that fast !) I love fast cars but no way in hell do I have the balls to run anywhere near that fast...

You are getting it done!!! The car looks amazing as well. Congrats on what you have accomplished.

Bryan

Gene,
what was the 1/8 et and mph on the 7.70 pass.

Sorry it took me so long i had to get the slip out of the motorhome.7.70 at 183.9Mph was a 4.96 at 137 Mph in the 1/8th and on a 7.62 at 179.8 Mph it was 4.90 at 143.8 Mph on a 1.16 60ft. Back away from the keyboard Norbs we dont need your input because the 1/8 Mph is so different. You see this gentleman asked a question and i answered it without him saying i need to do this or i would do that.Thats respect and not challenging me about everything:)

Geno, you have balls of steel !! ( as does anyone else running that fast !) I love fast cars but no way in hell do I have the balls to run anywhere near that fast...

You are getting it done!!! The car looks amazing as well. Congrats on what you have accomplished.

Bryan

Thanks
Its not the speed that takes balls it gambling on wrecking a car you have this much time and money in:eek:
It can happen to anybody at anytime and all it takes is somebody to put oil down on the track before you make a pass..