Personal best this weekend

My time slip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 174
Very interesting that your picking up 45 mph from the 1/8th...your 1/8 mph should be higher...whats your opinion? Most cars pick up 30 mph after the 1/8th..

Very interesting that your picking up 45 mph from the 1/8th...your 1/8 mph should be higher...whats your opinion? Most cars pick up 30 mph after the 1/8th..

I was just going to say "damn, 45mph out the back!" I'm no drag RACER but that is crazy to me! Makes the last 1/2 of a 1320 run feel good I bet. 140 in the 1/8 seems damn fast too. How fast do you think it should be Norbs?

Congrats Gene :) ! You just gave me new motivation to get out there again ;)
That mph is crazy! Achieved my personal best on concrete airfield this weekend (7.83@176.5) but it doesn't match yours by far. Btw I'm using probably the same converter as you and it really is as good as it gets :)

is it just the blade count or is there more to it?

I can go looser on these converters without changing the blade count but you begin loosing the characteristics of them when you go that route. A 20 is about as loose as I want to go. Really it's as loose as you need to go unless something in the combo is requiring more stall to get it going. This isn't a problem unless your trying to turn the motor in 7200 range. If Geno was to swap to a turbo that needed several hundred more rpm stall to spool, I could loosen the converter to get it for him but he will have no choice but to spin the motor higher to make up the difference. I have some small ci combos out there that need a true 4000 stall at 0 boost to spool. They make big power but they also have to spin the motor over 9k to get the converter coupled. When someone says the engine, cam, turbo, converter combo all have to work together....it's the truth.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I can go looser on these converters without changing the blade count but you begin loosing the characteristics of them when you go that route. A 20 is about as loose as I want to go. Really it's as loose as you need to go unless something in the combo is requiring more stall to get it going. This isn't a problem unless your trying to turn the motor in 7200 range. If Geno was to swap to a turbo that needed several hundred more rpm stall to spool, I could loosen the converter to get it for him but he will have no choice but to spin the motor higher to make up the difference. I have some small ci combos out there that need a true 4000 stall at 0 boost to spool. They make big power but they also have to spin the motor over 9k to get the converter coupled. When someone says the engine, cam, turbo, converter combo all have to work together....it's the truth.

Thanks for the info Dusty!

I was just going to say "damn, 45mph out the back!" I'm no drag RACER but that is crazy to me! Makes the last 1/2 of a 1320 run feel good I bet. 140 in the 1/8 seems damn fast too. How fast do you think it should be Norbs?

I;m not sure but it should be faster........Gene has shared his data with me, and it appears the average RPM before the 1/8th is 6600 rpm, and after the 1/8" its 7150 rpm, and this means to me the engine is making more power near the end of the Run...It may require a gear change of some sort, maybe in the trans....I'n my opinion, which may not help mph, but pick up ET.

Im out of gear for sure but for now im leaving it unless you want to buy me a new set of gears?

It depends on how quickly he is getting the boost in. Picking up 40-45 out the back is not unusual on higher powered cars.

I;m not sure but it should be faster.........

(What does that mean)If you want to learn you have to listen. People say it should go this fast or it will make this much power or my sims says it will need this.The proof is in the time slip PERIOD.......

Congrats Gene :) ! You just gave me new motivation to get out there again ;)
That mph is crazy! Achieved my personal best on concrete airfield this weekend (7.83@176.5) but it doesn't match yours by far. Btw I'm using probably the same converter as you and it really is as good as it gets :)
Ive had a eye on your times and now im just a little quicker than you and its your turn to lower the bar LOL. Nice runs by the way and im sure you would run 7.5s on a good track. What kind of 60ft, are you getting?

33X17X15 is the tallest for a 15" wheel GoodYear makes..
Now if you want a 16" they make a little taller tire 34.7 tall

33X17X15 is the tallest for a 15" wheel GoodYear makes..
Now if you want a 16" they make a little taller tire 34.7 tall

Gene,

I didn't know that, I've never run anything that big before. Changing the gears is cheaper unless of course you needed tires. BTW, how's the new trans holding up?

Neal

Ive had a eye on your times and now im just a little quicker than you and its your turn to lower the bar LOL. Nice runs by the way and im sure you would run 7.5s on a good track. What kind of 60ft, are you getting?

It's cool to have this kind of a friendly oversea competition:), I hope to get on a real track this year to improve my time. At concrete my best 60ft has been 1.21 and on better track 1.17. Unfortunately I broke my timing chain this weekend and now have my hands full to get it ready for next race. I have planned one race at Finland at the beginning of a september but nobody knows where you have set the bar at this time already ;) . My 7.5 certed chassis sets me some limits but the plan is to break them at the end of a season :cool:.

What kind of timing chain? What spring pressures are you running on that monster:)

Gene,

I didn't know that, I've never run anything that big before. Changing the gears is cheaper unless of course you needed tires. BTW, how's the new trans holding up?

Neal

Sense Hutch from the bullet has helped its been living...