Personal best this weekend

Amazing numbers Who has the datalog file from the fast dash? I want to see the converter slippage.......

Thanks

norb

Man I would be happy just to feel that 60 ft!!! Big hell ya!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Amazing numbers Who has the datalog file from the fast dash? I want to see the converter slippage.......

Thanks

norb

I dont have my laptop with me right now but the drive shaft Rpm was within 200 Rpm of the crank if i remember right . I only turn it 7600 with a 7800 chip . I think im getting closer to needing a new gear set.I can send you my Log file if you want.

Sure that be great..........thanks Norb. Just here to absorb the knowledge.......:) Could we get some more specs on the turbo? and converter?

Norbz@sympatico.ca

Its just a old school 47/88 with a PTC spragless converter. I need to step up to a billet turbo but this one is getting the job done for now;)

Is it a 20 vane stator? Whats the rpm on the shifts? And the rpm drop after the shift?

Is it a 20 vane stator? Whats the rpm on the shifts? And the rpm drop after the shift?

Not sure on how many vane it is but i shift it @ 7500 and last week it was around a 900 Rpm drop at the shift.

Not sure on how many vane it is but i shift it @ 7500 and last week it was around a 900 Rpm drop at the shift.

Puts you at 6600 RPM stall speed, it could be a 19 vane stator based on those numbers. What RPM did the motor make peak TQ on the dyno? You must be well near 1350 RWHP at your current mph?

Puts you at 6600 RPM stall speed, it could be a 19 vane stator based on those numbers. What RPM did the motor make peak TQ on the dyno? You must be well near 1350 RWHP at your current mph?

the only thing that matters is what it did at the track norbsy :)

awesome job with the car geno!

To tell ya the truth i told Dusty my combo and this is what he came up with. He said it was close to what worked in Galinas car;) There are some thing i leave up to people who based on performance know whats going on. Like the cam i got from Dan at DLS because he knows what works.So long as you listen to the right people and put the parts together correctly your miles ahead of reinventing the wheel on your own..Never did get torque from the dyno because it keep loosing the crank signal. It also helps to have a Cal tune:D The dyno said 1050 tire on 30# so i dont think its making near 1350 at the tire.

Tire size, weight, gear, hp, shift rpm are just a couple variables that determine what stall is needed. Flash stall is effected by all these as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That is pretty light..........damn

If this car was 3450 he'd be flashing the converter over 7000 rpm. Weight plays a big roll in what you can get away with. Less weight stresses the converter less so it can be looser for a given engine combo. He's making plenty of power with more to go. I'm just using this as an example for guys to learn from. At this power level in a full weight car he would not be able to run this converter this loose without having to turn the motor 8,000 plus. Because of the weight I can run it on the looser side at his power level which makes it easier to spool yet still couple.

If this car was 3450 he'd be flashing the converter over 7000 rpm. Weight plays a big roll in what you can get away with. Less weight stresses the converter less so it can be looser for a given engine combo. He's making plenty of power with more to go. I'm just using this as an example for guys to learn from. At this power level in a full weight car he would not be able to run this converter this loose without having to turn the motor 8,000 plus. Because of the weight I can run it on the looser side at his power level which makes it easier to spool yet still couple.

is it just the blade count or is there more to it?