P/S Intercooler question...

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
Time for my intercooler upgrade. I have researched the P/S intercooler deal for some time now. Have decided its going to be the P/S route or the Cottons route. Low and behold I scored a FREE used P/S intercooler. It is of a newer design with plastic side tanks. I think it was off a 2006 superduty. I`m wondering up to this point has anyone installed one with the plastic tank design? After looking at some newer superduty`s with this intercooler I was wondering how it may hold up. Heck the Ford inlet and outlet pipes are plastic.

So my question is....is this intercooler usable? Has someone perfected this install or even developed an install kit? Or is this intercooler a complete no-no and am I better off just getting rid of it? Not looking to stir up controversy guys. Just simple honest real world answers fromguys who have done it. I`ve read enough heated debates on this topic. Thanks for the help.

I did a powerstroke IC in my GN about 5 years ago. Alum end tanks. Piece of cake. Sorry, really cant help you on the plastic end tanks............