Other board sold!!

It sucksi,selling TBS.com to some out of country company not really interested in cars is no different than all the americans that sold their gas stations and convienient stores to indians. Soon americans will own nothing in america. But in the end its all about getting the most money.

Of course Mike wasnt gonna talk about who was trying to buy it before hand,had he post count would have fell and that would have not looked good.

I thought gnttype was the first
You aren't even counting the extra six years or so when it ran strictly as a mailing list. I believe it started in the summer of '92. So that pre-dates turbo(insert name here).com by several years.

Every word said on gnttype is still around. Despite hosting of the archives temporarily not being available, they are all still at hand. Nothing has ever been lost.

A complete redo for gnttype is in the works.

You aren't even counting the extra six years or so when it ran strictly as a mailing list. I believe it started in the summer of '92. So that pre-dates turbo(insert name here).com by several years.

Every word said on gnttype is still around. Despite hosting of the archives temporarily not being available, they are all still at hand. Nothing has ever been lost.

cool stuff

That's a great idea but all I can do is log in. Never got the link to make it where I can post.:mad:

Actually Shane the new request is to open up the region a bit and create a "Southern Ontario" section so the surrounding areas of Toronto are covered.

Shane, why not "extend" it a little and make it an "Ontario & Quebec" section?...:wink:

Thanks,

Claude. :smile:

That's a great idea but all I can do is log in. Never got the link to make it where I can post.:mad:
Probably just mistyped your email when you signed up or didn't see it in your "junk" folder. drop me a PM from your account over there (I use same ID over there) and put your email in the PM. I'll get it fixed.

Probably just mistyped your email when you signed up or didn't see it in your "junk" folder. drop me a PM from your account over there (I use same ID over there) and put your email in the PM. I'll get it fixed.

Had to re-regesture so it looks good now. :biggrin:

"Other board sold..."...Yeah, so what?...Who cares? That site never equalled this one and besides, do we really need two boards??:confused: Yes, I'm a member on both sites, but I've always far preferred this one here for the following reasons:

I've been a member on both sites (here and also TBS.com) for several years. Even if I post occasionnally over there, most of my activity is done here. "Why" you ask?...here's why: In contrast with several members on TBS, I am in favor of some censorship, which makes this site more serious and pleasant to be part of. I said "some censorship" because it must not be too radical, but just enough to keep posts and conversations right. Censorship is needed because there will always be someone somewhere, who doesn't have the slightest idea of what good manners are and hasn't been brought up with values about respecting people and who think it's normal to insult and turn other members into ridicule as they feel to. :mad: It might make these guys "feel smarter" , but thankfully that kind of behavior isn't tolerated here. :wink: Of course, these are the same guys who will fiercely argue that censorship hampers their "freedom of speech" (yeah, sure...:rolleyes:)...It's funny that this doesn't happen here...why? Simply because over here, if arguments go too far, if some members get carried away too much, then thankfully, censorship will come in so the discussions remain civil and respectful of other members. That is why I feel that some censorship is needed, like it or not. It doesn't take anything away from the seriousness of the posts, just makes them more pleasant to read and also prevents them from becoming offensive. There's a correct way to express our views and ideas respectfully which is the key word. There's absolutely no need or excuse for insulting or make fun of someone just because they have an different opinion, like I saw it happen on numerous occasions on TBS. Unfortunately, it that behavior happenning year after year, which has slowly steered me away from that site. I agree that there's no fun in censoring someone, but at the same time, censorship it's needed.
As for technical subjects, I've always found most of the answers I was looking for over here, with a "plus" : respect and courtesy, which (I'm sorry if this offends some), isn't always the case on TBS. Yes, it did happen that I got into an argument with another member, but I always resolved them in private with them in a polite manner.
Some members over there (TBS) might find all the bad "jokes", offending replies and remarks that are being posted very funny, but not me. It might be funny once or twice, but not all year long, sorry. :frown: The members eventually get tired of these clowns. What most members are interested in is to be able to speak with other Buick enthusiasts who take their hobby at heart, who can discuss and exchange ideas like it is done here. :wink:
Some of you might ask why do I write this? Well because if TBS ever closes, I agree that it'll be too bad, but not that great of a loss, I certainly won't cry over it, and I might not the only one who feels like this.

Claude. :cool:

americans own less an less of america daily.... ive seen it in the last 10yrs.
The indians are also hard to deal with think us americans are out to get them