Other board sold!!

Well I got an email yesterday from the new owners of the TBs telling me about the changes and all the things they are going to do for sponsors. they are going to give us a special deal which is almost double the current rate. No thanks. I only see things getting better here. Shane, this is an opportunity use it wisely.
Mike

. I only see things getting better here. Shane, this is an opportunity use it wisely.
Mike

Thanks Mike. I will do my best:biggrin:

All TBS vendors, with the exception of one, is more than welcome to advertise on this board.

We changed the rate "slightly" when we took over. Have not gone up since and server costs continued to grow:eek::eek:. I don't intend on raising our price. Just hope we can get a few more vendors... Oh and click the google ads guys;):D:biggrin:

I hope all the resident members from over there know they are more than welcome to join us here! I openly welcome everyone... The community is too small now to be split anyway...

Community was never split, except that the cars west of the Mississippi are always the fastest and best looking.:D

I hope all the resident members from over there know they are more than welcome to join us here! I openly welcome everyone... The community is too small now to be split anyway...

You speak very wisely.;)Look at the guys with 70 Buick stuff,hard to find parts and members are less and less.I had Chevys before(don't hate me) parts and new products were everywhere.:rolleyes:I think in this economy we will have to choose what vendors we will support and hope they can make it through and be their for us in the future,forums included.JMHO

Kevin

We changed the rate "slightly" when we took over. Have not gone up since and server costs continued to grow:eek::eek:. I don't intend on raising our price. Just hope we can get a few more vendors... Oh and click the google ads guys;):D:biggrin:

I am a member on both these boards. I however visit/post on this board most often. This board has a ton of information whether I search for it or ask a question, I usually get my answer(s).

I don't know what the costs are for running such a board but can only imagine what that might be. :eek:

Why don't you set up a donation button so that us members can give back to this board! I know that not everyone will do this as some are just to damn cheap. However, I think a lot of us would be willing to donate so this board will stay running for a long time to come.

Dannyo

So hard to make money these days. Cost go up but we can't pass it on because people just don't have it. At a time when we need to be raising prices, it's just not in the cards. Ultimately the owners get less and less trying to salvage a sinking ship. It's viscous right now.

FYI, there are four car washes in town. Thee others and mine. Mine is the only one open. I don't know is is smarter. Them or me. The last two months have been the worse of my life. I've had to put money in to keep things rolling. Pumping heat like gangbusters to keep it thawed out. I throw a ton of water down the drain for freeze prevention in the self serve. I can't win. Has allot to do with the weather but people just aren't spending.

I think a donation button is a great idea!

I'm sure it would generate some bucks. People get good results with the info we share. I think we would be surprised how many would donate.

Thanks Shane we know most of us are on both boards anyway as was stated in an earlier post each board had it's good and bad

Well I got an email yesterday from the new owners of the TBs telling me about the changes and all the things they are going to do for sponsors. they are going to give us a special deal which is almost double the current rate. No thanks. I only see things getting better here. Shane, this is an opportunity use it wisely.
Mike

Thanks for the info Mike. I've been chatting with the new admin over there and he's a true liberal.:eek: He's making it "Canadian" friendily now so it screwed up beyond belief.:mad: Also warned him about RRT so he will looking for postings about killing those of the isrealite faith.:biggrin: Maybe one of these boards will get rid of that idiot finally.:cool:

I started over there and ended up here because of the atmosphere. Much friendlier and better tech overall.:cool: I may post on other forums but to be honest this is my home forum.:biggrin:

Well it now offically sucks over there. He took my avitar away. It's the same one I use here. How can a minute man be offensive?

Well it now offically sucks over there. He took my avitar away. It's the same one I use here. How can a minute man be offensive?

It looks very simple to me. Just cancel your other membership!! This is the place to be anyway -- WHY FIGHT IT !!! Mike:cool:

Mike

Me too! What a deal.:rolleyes: Funny thing is they have somehow put my banner ad back in rotation and I haven't been a sponsor there in a long time.:) Hope they are not expecting a payment.

I wonder how he missed mine is says You can't piss on what you can't catch . Mark the TR custom parts banner has been up for awile even before the sale

I was never a fan of the other board but why is everybody bailing out? It seems like it sucks for the new buyers to have a BB with NO members.