Only getting 10 psi on boost gauge

84turbo6

Hi just bought a VDO boost gauge from kirban, was installing it and every thing fit snug even thoe I had to go get a new tee piece, but installed it used the original boost gauge line like the instructions said everything went smoothly tested it out and the gauge only hits 10psi, my car is an 87 gn in excellent condition runs very well only got 46k miles an no other mods at all, so I thought I might have did it wrong checked over everything even went as far as superglue around all areas wher I think there will be air leaks, checked all intake to turbo downpipe, no cracked headers, still says 10psi? The car feels very strong I can beet supercharged lightnings, mustang v8s , turbo volvos, the hole tuner community, any thoughts at why this is?

If your car is as stock as you say it is, it may very well be making only about 10#. Brand new and stock they only made 12.

You've got MANY MANY preventative maintenance upgrades to do before beading on that car. If it's all stock except for a boost gauge, you really need to quit streetracing it or head gaskets will be added to the list if you're lucky.

Got it, forgot to add the hole front end of the car is fiberglass, and as far as maintenance upgrades I'm working on them I have a scan master sitting here that I need to install, I did the spring cleaning an put a plug on the trans pan, rebuilt the power master, as well as a few other minor things

Very easy to install that scanmaster! When I purchased my GN I was hitting 10 lbs of boost also !!Mufflers and cat were a HUGE restriction!!

Very easy to install that scanmaster! When I purchased my GN I was hitting 10 lbs of boost also !!Mufflers and cat were a HUGE restriction!!
That is good news than, Mabey my car is really just putting out 10lbs, if it already kicks butt now can't wait till I put some mods on, I will get right on that scan master, I also have a test pipe, big mouth cold air, and fuel pump sitting here that I have to put in just waiting on the hot wire kit.

At 10 psi a stock GN is a dog?

My new turbo cars in 1987 made 16 psi in factory trim, no mods but a boost gauge. My 9500 mile has always had 110 leaded race fuel for safe operation and will not turn to crud in a short time like the current pump gas.

It is best to use a dedicated line from the source to the gauge with NO tees in the line.

With the crap gasoline we have here in the West, 16 psi is too high for safe performance without an octane improver?

S
At 10 psi a stock GN is a dog?

My new turbo cars in 1987 made 16 psi in factory trim, no mods but a boost gauge. My 9500 mile has always had 110 leaded race fuel for safe operation and will not turn to crud in a short time like the current pump gas.

It is best to use a dedicated line from the source to the gauge with NO tees in the line.

With the crap gasoline we have here in the West, 16 psi is too high for safe performance without an octane improver?
so should I eleminate the tee? Will it give me a check engine light? Does the factory boost gauge line only go and only function is to the factory idiot lights? I'm using 91 octane I can only seem to find 93 octane at one location

Agree with Nick my GN was taken by the wifes Mercedes when I got it!! Months later after new exhaust and spring cleaning I ran it with the Mercedes again and it was no contest!!