NOS - still in GM packaging pricing gurus needed

El Corvino

Are any of you familiar with part prices? I have a question if I came up on a pile of gold or if I would be barely breaking even... (granted I'd be keeping some for myself)

I have access to a large sum of NOW, still in GM packaging items. How ever, I am not sure if it is a hell of a deal or if the guy is asking what its worth. I was wondering if anyone was knowledgeable on what some NOS, still in GM packaging items were worth in a ball park range.

You need to give us more info on the parts you're trying to find out about. For all we know it could be cam buttons and you're paying $30 each for something you can buy after market and made better.;)

Went through my uncles garage and he has a pile of NOS parts. The one I was most curious of was a brand new from GM crate motor 3.8 Short block 109 SB. I researched for hours and only found the casting# 25526109 is the strongest. Haven't been able to find a single other one to see what its worth. I'm just looking for a ballpark.

After all my research and wasting all this time... 1500 would be top dollar if I was lucky. Be better off down the road investing in a TA block if I needed to.

So are you buying the motor ?
What other parts are there and what does he want for the lot ?

Curious. ..

Bryan

So is it a turbo shortblock (with drain hole drilled/tapped and a turbo crank/pistons) or just a virgin NA block? and are you SURE its NOS or is it remanufactured? the difference in values could be staggering.

Ive owned my fair share of rare NOS parts....whats he got?

Genuine turbo short block, not re-manufactured.

He gave me everything else that was NOS when I bought the car. I'm still looking it all up. Took me 5 pages on word to type out his RPO codes and what each one was because the damn car has every option.

Genuine turbo short block, not re-manufactured.

He gave me everything else that was NOS when I bought the car. I'm still looking it all up. Took me 5 pages on word to type out his RPO codes and what each one was because the damn car has every option.

You wouldn't happen to want to part with any of it... would you? :)

With the amount of repopped parts showing up, the only stuff that is gonna hold value are all the small hard to find parts or big parts like a nos turbo, trans, rear, etc

You should be asking what NOS items are $$$. I think NOS bumper fillers, window trim, and wheel trim are gold, maybe a new powermaster as well.

I sold my nos rear fillers and bought full sets of gbodyparts fillers for both cars for less than the rears sold for (sold in under 2hoursto a guy who resold them for more). And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I sold my nos rear fillers and bought full sets of gbodyparts fillers for both cars for less than the rears sold for (sold in under 2hoursto a guy who resold them for more). And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I bought a ton of nos parts in a box once for $100, even before I told the guy, dude, these are nos fillers, you're sitting on gold. I think I made $600 off half the stuff and kept what I wanted, air dams. Now I have 2 spare sets of used air dams I don't need.

I bought a ton of nos parts in a box once for $100, even before I told the guy, dude, these are nos fillers, you're sitting on gold. I think I made $600 off half the stuff and kept what I wanted, air dams. Now I have 2 spare sets of used air dams I don't need.
How much for one of those used sets?

How much for one of those used sets?

Ha they are packed up somewhere in my trailer (just moved) anyways I am dragging all my junk to the GS Nats to get rid of, except the car, keeping the car I think. I know one set I snagged on my trailer and another set may have a crack on one attachment point that needs a large washer to correct.