no spooling psi with transbrake just slow..

flowerpower

I've got a stageright and tryed to bulid boost with it ...I can mat the gas and it wonlt spool....I fixed all header,crossover leaks....I'm running TE60 with 50lbs injs,fmic,4" maf.......from what I've been reading I should add timing to the chip.."have a TT chip"
and then fuel lbs....does that sound right?...

It spools like hell at the top end ...BTW I've got a TL to watch everything

What is the Air Fuel Ratio while brake boosting, could be really fat but doubt it.

What is the 0 boost rpm at and what torque converter?

OK lets see when I do the stageright the readings from the PL are with the gas pedal matted are.....

RPM-2250
02's-.791
AFR-7.36:1
LV8-167g
TPS-3.42v
KNOCK-0

This is with a orange stripe just trying it in my deadend street

I was going to try one more time and just record the launch...Any ideas?

BTW ...I got a new boost gauge with out the vac on it and the new autometer showes boost like now when you get on it.......old one was a autometer to

Two things, I've never heard of someone running an Orange Stripe with a trans brake, but it should still give you 3k rpm and probably 12psi at least. You probably got the brake because not only was the converter not loose ( restall 12" ) but it's pig rich. You'd have been better off with at Precision LU or PTC with a tune in the end.

I've never seen an AFR in the 7's, didn't even think they read that low. The things puking gas, I'd send in your chip to TT with the PL file and Eric will take care of it.

I wonder if you have alky and it's turning on?

I gave you the wrong AFR....its 12.2-14.7....02's at 791 is to rich at that rpm? and does them AFR#'s look a little better?

I can do 20 psi with my orange stripe. Your TPS (3.42) is LOW for WOT. Should be at 4.50+. I don't know if 3.42 gets into the power enrichment mode, but there's definitely a problem there.

12.7 is a bit fat for a 2300rpm launch IMO but it might lean out as you get into boost and timing so what are your specs right before you let go ( AFR, PSI, Timing )? This window can help dial in the chip at TT.

Ya the TPS can use an adjustment if that's all your getting with it floored, easy to do with the car off. Check for the floor mat first and then you'll probably need to tweak the sensor by loosening it and moving it towards the plenum in the slots.

Carlo, what rpm are you seeing the 20psi at and what turbo?

I had it out yesterday and seen that the vac cap I had on came off fixed that ...floor mat was in the way...:redface: ...The motor has 107,000 miles on it but new springs this summer..

I was trying to add a little timing to the TT chip for 1&2nd gear and for the life of me I couldnt get it in that mode...I had the laptop there key on "no start" Power loger on... pushed the gas 1,2,3hold and was looking at the data page of the PL looking for the LV8 to go 1..4 and I didnt see any change....was I doing this right and looking for the right item "in PL" to change?

Thanks for the help guys...

no boost

I had same problem building boost on trans-brake ! I was told to eliminate the boost solinoid! Iwas able to build boost after

I had it out yesterday and seen that the vac cap I had on came off fixed that ...floor mat was in the way...:redface: ...The motor has 107,000 miles on it but new springs this summer..

I was trying to add a little timing to the TT chip for 1&2nd gear and for the life of me I couldnt get it in that mode...I had the laptop there key on "no start" Power loger on... pushed the gas 1,2,3hold and was looking at the data page of the PL looking for the LV8 to go 1..4 and I didnt see any change....was I doing this right and looking for the right item "in PL" to change?

Thanks for the help guys...

Isn't it the BLM value that you're looking to change, not LV8??? :confused:

Isn't it the BLM value that you're looking to change, not LV8??? :confused:

I believe LV8 mode 3 is for timing in 1st and 2nd. Then you would let off the gas and look at blm and pedal it to the desired value. He found his problem most likely he wasnt getting enough TPS volts for the adjustable mode to be engaged from the floor mat.

My alky chip is the one befor the Eric put that in the chip...:redface: man was my leg getting the work out..lol....
I put the street chip in and took timming out and added fule to 1st and its spooling alot better ....Its going to take tunning and time .....