BLM 142, Slow turbo spool and 10:1 AFR boosting, need input

Cobraguy I can tell by your responses that I must have rubbed you the wrong way. I did take the time to read your entire post. I then made a couple of comments and asked a couple more questions to try and learn a little more and help you.
The chip could have done everything you wanted to try and check. Instead of using it you changed the fp. That makes a number of broad changes across the board and does not help your troubleshooting efforts.
That's why I mentioned it. Not trying to bust your balls.
I asked about the chip because it's not common to have Eric burn a chip for a system you do not have.
Eric answered and apparently it's not that big of deal.
Just so you know When I bought my car and it was a total dog from a dead stop. It had a bunch of mods and a prius could beat it for the first 100'. So I know what your going through. Two things transformed my car. A new wastegate and a ptc converter. (And a bunch of datalogging and tuning).

I read all of the posts and comments on here. IMO you should sell this car ASAP. I don't think you have a clue as to what ur doing and when u try to Mickey Mouse a TB u r asking for trouble and are embarrassing yourself. Fix all the issues that are wrong with the car before beating it to a slow death!

I read all of the posts and comments on here. IMO you should sell this car ASAP. I don't think you have a clue as to what ur doing and when u try to Mickey Mouse a TB u r asking for trouble and are embarrassing yourself. Fix all the issues that are wrong with the car before beating it to a slow death!
Lol damn man!!!!

Cobraguy I can tell by your responses that I must have rubbed you the wrong way. I did take the time to read your entire post. I then made a couple of comments and asked a couple more questions to try and learn a little more and help you.
The chip could have done everything you wanted to try and check. Instead of using it you changed the fp. That makes a number of broad changes across the board and does not help your troubleshooting efforts.
That's why I mentioned it. Not trying to bust your balls.
I asked about the chip because it's not common to have Eric burn a chip for a system you do not have.
Eric answered and apparently it's not that big of deal.
Just so you know When I bought my car and it was a total dog from a dead stop. It had a bunch of mods and a prius could beat it for the first 100'. So I know what your going through. Two things transformed my car. A new wastegate and a ptc converter. (And a bunch of datalogging and tuning).
Cool, thanks for the info. Didn't really rub me the wrong way just trying to keep the posts focused on the questions at hand as I have seen other threads take a turn in the wrong direction and end up not contributing anything to the OP's questions.....I had researched using the alky chip with racing fuel well before ordering it. my plans are to go to alky soon, just gotta get the issues worked out first.....thx again.

Label it as "Mickey Mousing" if you will, it was a onetime check for fueling. I got the results I needed from my test. And you don't even know what adjustments I made or how much. So you are embarrassing yourself by trying to ride the coattails of another poster and distract this post into a conversation about everything except how to try and solve the issues I am having. Great job and thanks for contributing nothing...........look forward to your future posts, ass-hole.

Never mind, not even worth my time to reply anymore...............

Last edited:
Yet another fine representative to the turbo buick forums..............

...lol.. proud representative too! 1st I would start by verifying you have no vac leaks, intake leak, triple check. Also please fix obvious issues with downpipe, check your exhaust manifolds for leaks, crossover pipe. Also check turbo for any signs or damage, also check o2 function ability. If all shows inconclusive step it up to an oscilloscope and watch sensors. (y)

I have a precision turbo with the .83 a/r housing and had my converter stalled to 2800 as that was what some folks here seemed happy with. I couldn't build boost either on the brake. I had Dusty restall it to 3200 and it made a world of difference. As others have said, I really think that is your problem. If you can get a stock turbo, try installing that and see what happens.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings. After reading that entire post I contemplated for quite a bit before I said what I said. It seemed to me that you have several problems with your car. I am sure that by driving it around the block you would realize that things are not right. The scan master confirms this. You mentioned the BLM's being too high, exhaust leaks at the headers and also the downpipe, first thing is to get the header and DP leaks fixed. Second is address the BLM issue usually caused by vacuum leaks. check the turbo, make sure there is no shaft play and it spins freely. Install and Alky control kit from razor or order the correct chip for the fuel you intend on using. Put things back together and do a smoke check to see you still have leaks. Chances are you still will. After there are zero leaks hopefully that will take care of the high BLM issue. Once you have a good running and driving car then take it to the track and Tine according to Eric's instructions. From all the posts I have read turbo tweak chips are pretty dead in out of the box. Set your base fuel pressure. Tune it using the parameters with in the chip. I am not sure why I took the time to write all of this? After the PM you sent. A good running stock turbo Buick with no mods would be faster than your modded car as it is. Btw when was the last time you cleaned the air filter and changed the oil, washed it? Those three things always seem to make my car run better. Oh whoever told you it was 0K to run racing fuel with a alcohol chip was not correct. May be you should try more research or ask Eric or Julio. I'm done. Good luck!