NO nine's BUT gaining ground until ....

Grumpy

Thread killer
ok went racing today up at our local track today .. Russ was playin with the "tune up" and the car was coming around :biggrin: Melissa ran a 10.15 @ 135.57 with a soft 60' .. Should have watched guys staring this eng to death looking for the "bling" :eek: .. wellllll track wants a nine sec cage in the car and we really don't want to put one in .. Just want to run a few 9s and then slow it down to the low 10s.. hey its a street car no brainer set up that screams :eek: we were thinking about race tracks in Atco in NJ. Cecil County in Md and Reynolds in Ga.. we have a legal 10 sec cage .. anyone know how strict these tracks are as far as cages ??? ;)

Attachments

• Meleng907.JPG
    Meleng907.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 772
have to get it out of the hole :redface: ... new 67 turbo hauls a** ... very easy to blow the tires away .. boost comes up like crazy :p

have to get it out of the hole :redface: ... new 67 turbo hauls a** ... very easy to blow the tires away .. boost comes up like crazy :p

Dan,

What is the combo on this car? Stage engine? Transbrake, etc.?

That car is flat out haulin the bacon! Are all of those passes on pump gas?

I'm in the same boat Grumpy 10.12. I just can't get it to hook. :frown: I need a boost controller bad. I noticed if I launch the car off the t-brake then let off just a tad then get back in it, it really helps the ET but the 60's still suck. Weird :confused: I have only had one good 60ft and I can't figure out what I did right. LOL

HR Upper and Lowers stock pinion angle
HR Bar
Air Bags w/ HR poly spacers 1lb in each
Phoenix 28.5x10.5 slicks
342 gears
TH-400
3600lbs

Damn, back in the game the car is still putting up great numbers. :eek:

Doing it with so many stock accessories is awesome, this is an easy high 9 car with a slight diet, then throw on some bolt ons and look out.

Aren't you a tad bit tempted to put a 70mm TB and plenum on it??

Wish I had been able to go last night, good air. My Mom fell and broke her hip so that will curtail my car stuff for a while. It would have been fun to see the unknowing checking under the hood. Actually it was Melissa running mid 11s that got me and several friends very interested in Turbo Buicks.

Dan,

What is the combo on this car? Stage engine? Transbrake, etc.?

That car is flat out haulin the bacon! Are all of those passes on pump gas?

I do have a stage 2 sitting here with no home (sold the TTA it was goin in ) .. Don't know what we are doin with it right now :rolleyes: Russ wants a trans break ..Melissa doesn't :eek: here is her set up .....

Engine
girdled short block with .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 roller cam
mild set of ported heads
Champion ported stock intake
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust
V4 stock location intercooler
PT67 turbo
60# inj
single pump in tank
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio
200R4
Russ Merritt did the trans .. Hasn't missed a beat !!!!
Bruce from PTS 9/11 converter. Bruce sent it to me because I am such a nice guy . this converter ROCKS !!!! Worked awesome !! Thanks Bruce !!
stock rear end w c/clip eliminators (remember we are only running drag radials)
legal to run 10.00's :biggrin:

Damn, back in the game the car is still putting up great numbers. :eek:

Doing it with so many stock accessories is awesome, this is an easy high 9 car with a slight diet, then throw on some bolt ons and look out.

Aren't you a tad bit tempted to put a 70mm TB and plenum on it??

we are thinking :p .. car should go 9's like it is with a decent 60' .. BUT maybe doin something else soon :rolleyes: :p

I do have a stage 2 sitting here with no home (sold the TTA it was goin in ) .. Don't know what we are doin with it right now :rolleyes: Russ wants a trans break ..Melissa doesn't :eek: here is her set up .....

Engine
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 roller cam
mild set of ported heads
PT67 turbo
60# inj
single pump in tank
200R4
Bruce from PTS 9/11 converter. Bruce sent it to me because I am such a nice guy . this converter ROCKS !!!! Worked awesome !! Thanks Bruce !!

That is a very conservative buildup for those times. That gives the rest of us hope!;) Looks like I need to upgrade a turbo.:smile:

turbo's turbo's turbo's the key to power.

nah .... combo's and most of all "tuning" .. last fri night she ran a 10.24.. there was another T there running low 12s .. I had seen the car for the past few weeks but never looked at it .. I thought it was a beautiful "tweaked" stocker.. finally went over to look at it ... lets say he had a LOT of "stuff" :eek: GN1s , 66 turbo, front mount ...nice nice nice car !!! I think Russ got another job :p

Engine
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 roller cam
mild set of ported heads
PT67 turbo
60# inj
single pump in tank
200R4

Wow those times are very impressive for that combo!!! I would call this the KISS combo (Keep It Simple Stupid) and just shows you can get it done on a budget with some good tuning.. Keep up the good work, nines are just a good 60' away:eek: :cool:

BTW, Get somebody out there with a friggen' video camera so we can see some video of this car!

PS: Forgot to ask.. What's the race weight??

pump gas assassin

what was the outside air temps? By the way Congrats to Melissa and Dan. Awesome accomplishment. Have less stuff done than I had on my lightweight T and your faster in the 330 than I am in the half mile :confused: :eek: :)