NO nine's BUT gaining ground until ....

I forget what that timing is then :p

saywhat.gif
I already knew the answer to that one.
pinocchio.gif

:D

I've seen it said too many times that a single 340 is not enough pump when going deep 10's. Proof is right here in front of us that it is enough. Very interesting. Great combo you have there, a legend in the making. (Think Jim DeAllesandro, Tim Stockwell, Red Armstrong etc.) Someone needs to send GMHighTech writer to your place and do a nice article for the world to see. I enjoy reading about this car. Congrats on a winning combination. Craig

Id guess the alky is supplying at least 80 hp worth of fuel here. Probably more like 100 hp working the 340 pump hard going 135.5 mph.

Engine
girdled short block with .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 roller cam
mild set of ported heads
Champion ported stock intake
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust
V4 stock location intercooler
PT67 turbo
60# inj
single pump in tank
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio
200R4
Is there something being left out, like an inline pump? I wouldn't consider the alky pump a "second" pump necessarily.

Is there something being left out, like an inline pump? I wouldn't consider the alky pump a "second" pump necessarily.

All TR's with alcohol injection have a dual fuel system. Meaning they have a minimum of two fuel pumps. It's all how you word the secret combination that makes it look good.

Hmmm...that means I have three fuel pumps. Never really thought about it like that. I wonder how much "relief" the alky pump is giving the intank pump?

Hmmm...that means I have three fuel pumps. Never really thought about it like that. I wonder how much "relief" the alky pump is giving the intank pump?

A lot! That's the reason Grumpy is going so fast with just one pump.;)

Congrats Dan and Melissa :cool: You guys need to start taking a video camera to the track so we can watch ya'll race on youtube or streetfire.

Cant wait to see or hear about the car running a 9 second pass here shortly.

You guys definitely going to Reynolds?

BW

Congrats Dan and Melissa :cool: You guys need to start taking a video camera to the track so we can watch ya'll race on youtube or streetfire.

Cant wait to see or hear about the car running a 9 second pass here shortly.

You guys definitely going to Reynolds?

BW

goin to Cecil County in Md in Oct first ... then maybe change the plugs for Reynolds :eek: :p we should make it down there this time .. maybe goin to Orlando the week before for the "street car" :rolleyes: racing :biggrin:

My guess in post #46 is probably a little low and could be as much as 150hp worth of fuel. You have to figure that most guys cant go over 125mph at 3600 lbs with a single 340 and no other pump when everything else is in check. She's going 135.5mph. It takes about 150 hp to go from 125mph to 135.5 mph at the same weight. Im figuring her engine is making a click under 700 hp. Thats kicking ass for a stock set of rods and .020 stock crank:eek: on a relatively mild build. Proves that if there is no detonation the engine will live. Tuning is the most important aspect. Ill admit id be nervous running the stock rods that hard myself though. Ive seen plenty of 12 sec. cars that had more turbo and heads than she does.

goin to Cecil County in Md in Oct first ... then maybe change the plugs for Reynolds :eek: :p we should make it down there this time .. maybe goin to Orlando the week before for the "street car" :rolleyes: racing :biggrin:

Sounds great, hope to see it/ you guys on video or in person again. :biggrin:

BW

hopefulley someone can catch it on video down in Cecil County... if not then maybe Reynolds :cool:

can we see a picture of the infamous Mellissa? id just like to put a face to the name.

well this was Melissa and I a few years ago on vacation .. her mother was allways takin pics for us to remember :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Beach.jpg
    Beach.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 306
are u wearing shorts in that picture. i heard it's enjoyable to walk around naked in a limestone quarry....i just never got the time to do it.