Chestnut Turbo T new best 9.67@143 video

Limited87

Well I finally got the car back out to the local track today. First time since Norwalk and the new PTC converter change. Between waiting for cooler air, bad weather every time we planned to run and work(missed running at BG) it took since May to get it back out.:mad:

Anyways the car went a 9.67@142.82 (114 in the 1/8th) on about the slickest surface I have ever been on. The temp was 48 (too cold I know) but it was fairly sunny. Didnt mean much because the car had its worst 60ft ever on a 9 sec pass (1.50) and about 200 ft out drifted about 4 ft from the rail (see vid) and was way out of the groove and hung there for prob a 3rd of the run till I could slowly bring it back in. I could feel the car getting loose and the lil guy in my head yelling "LIFT!!!.. LIFT!!!" but I held in it anyways and got it back in the groove.:D A local Buick guy said there was nothing but haze coming off the tires for most of the run.

I drove the car to the track and I made that 1 pass and after that wild ride decided thats enough for today and drove home.:D I figure on a warmer sticky track the car should go 9.30s/40s and prob another mph or 2 with solid traction.

Car still is full weight with cold fact R12 a/c and the 2004R trans. Oh and still no cage and no quarter panel mods of any kind.:eek: The car is on its way to becoming JUST a street car..lol

I want to thank Cal Hartline again for his help with the tune and the recent flash update. The tune was still spot on Cal with very little correction! Nothing has been changed except the converter and 40 degree cooler air temp! Just wish we had the traction today so the e/t would match the mph!:D

I also want to thank Dusty Bradford and Keith Soffa (NCTURBOS) for all there help for the new spec PTC converter! Between the cooler air and the converter change it picked up 5 mph! The rpm drops are right on the money. Keith I PMed you the exacts of everything from the log.

Big thanks to Vince Janis of Janis Transmission for building me a serious 2004R that takes anything we throw at it!;)

Also big thanks again to Dan Strezo at DLS!

Heres the video:

YouTube - Buick Grand National Gold Turbo T runs 9.67@143

Heres some of the other threads on the build, passes, exc. for anyone wanting to know and see the progress.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...9-83-norwalk-2010-chestnut-turbo-t-video.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/time-slip-combo-database/301115-9-75-138-stock-ecm-maf.html

Thanks,
Brian Lorenz
GSCA 3232

Wow! It's hard to believe that a car that nice can be that fast. Great job! Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Congrats on your new best, what RPMs were your shifting at and what kind of drop were you seeing with the new converter?

Datar

Congrats man! Been following your post since those fast stock ECM runs. Sweet car!

Brian,

Congratulations!! I knew it would all work out... ;) :biggrin: Top notch vendors, top notch parts, top notch car, and a top notch owner how could it not?!?!

Give me a little while and I'll PM you back some thoughts...

K.

Let me be the first to say congrats Brian, nice job!!!

Thanks alot Mike!! Your car is flying! 119 in the 1/8 damn! Cant wait to see it run in person! Norwalk in '11!;)

Wow! It's hard to believe that a car that nice can be that fast. Great job! Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Thanks alot Cal! With you on the tune it really works well!:D I had something I wanted to go over with you.. Ill give you a call sometime this week.

Congrats on your new best, what RPMs were your shifting at and what kind of drop were you seeing with the new converter?

Datar

Datar, I PMed you some of the info.

Congrats man! Been following your post since those fast stock ECM runs. Sweet car!

Thanks alot! The car has come a long way since then believe it or not.

Brian,

Congratulations!! I knew it would all work out... ;) :biggrin: Top notch vendors, top notch parts, top notch car, and a top notch owner how could it not?!?!

Give me a little while and I'll PM you back some thoughts...

K.

Thanks alot Keith! All your help with the converter and all the others really made this work out well. Talk with you soon.

Nice job. That thing is hauling. I got alot of catching up to do now.

Thanks Rob! You can lay down your new best at the rental in the spring! Cant wait!

I just love that color. Beautiful car and great performance.

Thanks bud!:cool:

Awesome T-Type

Congrats! That is one BAD T-Type! Best of both worlds Beautiful and Fast!! See you in the spring at 42!

Congrats Brian. That's got to be one of the cleanest stock looking 9 second cars out there. Very impressive.

Love this car!!!

what kind of RWHP is this car making "guesstemate"???

my limited 3640 lbs race ready,,,,,, my dream 9.60 ish

Congrats! That is one BAD T-Type! Best of both worlds Beautiful and Fast!! See you in the spring at 42!

Thanks Lisa! Yep.. plan for that rental! Details coming soon!:cool:

Congrats on your new best, that is hauling the mail!:cool:

Thanks Brick!:D

Congrats Brian. That's got to be one of the cleanest stock looking 9 second cars out there. Very impressive.

Thanks alot Dusty! I once again appreciate all your help with the converter and I will be in touch for future builds!

Love this car!!!

what kind of RWHP is this car making "guesstemate"???

my limited 3640 lbs race ready,,,,,, my dream 9.60 ish

Thanks Rafael! I would "guesstemate" a solid 700 horse to the wheels. I am just over 3600 lbs as well. My dream was to run 9.90s.. now it seems I want a tenth more every time I take it out..:biggrin: Good luck with your goals!

Here is the launch pict from that pass. Those are 15x6 with 205/70/15s BFG radials not 15x3 with front runners.;)

Attachments

• 9.67@143 002.jpg
    9.67@143 002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 446
Sweet car... My brother has a 86 chestnut non limited bench seat column shift car, it looks identical to this one just add a couple sec in the 1/4! I love this color... I keep asking to even trade for my RX but he wont budge:frown: