New System

dammmmmm....where do I start ... :p

Not all of us are out to grenade our motors.

who is out to grenade a motor ???? people blow up stock stuff ??? the big $$$ stuff will break to ... like the expression goes .."it's not IF it blows up but WHEN" :p IF your afraid of breaking ya should have a new car with a warranty :biggrin: Melissa has the "Mazda" motor that she had in the car last year back in her car .. She had a new fresh motor in there for 600 miles .... we built that for her mid 11 set up ... can you say "tight" clearances :eek: ... 10 sec motors don't like that :p ... sooooo out it came and old reliable went back in :p

I believe you know mine will run with the best and I'm not the type to Blow Smoke.

read the "coulda shoulda woulda " bring it to the track and let the car do the talkin :biggrin:

I didn't get an answer on how much flappy had in his car give me the same amount and I'll beat him. I have a house payment and kids still at home with bills out my butt and have already refinanced the house and used up my 401K on this car and thats enough. Like I said get me the same amount he has in his car and I;ll build a car that will beat him NO SMOKE OR MIRRORS
Now I'm out of here Have fun guys Oh say a prayer fo me Juilo -------

Don't know who your talking about with tons of $$$$$ in their car:confused: LOTS of people put THOUSANDS of $$$ in an go to the track an crank out 12/13 sec runs hmmmm Melissa doesn't have all the wiz bang stuff ($$$$$) ... her set up is on the simple and stupid list ... and we DRIVE her car everyday !!! it's a car to have fun with NOT to waste your hard earned 401k on :eek:

OK ... have to get my butt back outside painting :rolleyes:

After checking out the coolingmist web site i'm left with a few ?'s. Do they offer a GN specific kit or is everything they sell universal? How safe are the plastic fuel lines they use? Why is there superior pump unable to accept straight methanol? Is a 50/50 mix of methanol & water a smart thing to do on our cars? Is there any info available about this product in use on our cars? Thanks for any help or input.

After checking out the coolingmist web site i'm left with a few ?'s. Do they offer a GN specific kit or is everything they sell universal? How safe are the plastic fuel lines they use? Why is there superior pump unable to accept straight methanol? Is a 50/50 mix of methanol & water a smart thing to do on our cars? Is there any info available about this product in use on our cars? Thanks for any help or input.

Our pump can run 100% methanol, it uses EPDM seals. Stainless steel hose is an option on all kits.

CM.

Our pump can run 100% methanol, it uses EPDM seals. Stainless steel hose is an option on all kits.

CM.

Thank you for the reply! Do you have a turbo buick specific kit available? Any info or data of these kit's on Buick's? Any fail safe features to the electronic's?

Not all of us are out to grenade our motors. Truthfully if i want to race I have TT race chip for race gas in the glove box much safer than any alky system. I believe you know mine will run with the best and I'm not the type to Blow Smoke. I didn't get an answer on how much flappy had in his car give me the same amount and I'll beat him. I have a house payment and kids still at home with bills out my butt and have already refinanced the house and used up my 401K on this car and thats enough. Like I said get me the same amount he has in his car and I;ll build a car that will beat him NO SMOKE OR MIRRORS
Now I'm out of here Have fun guys Oh say a prayer fo me Juilo ------- Thanks Elvis has left the building
Not all of us are out to grenade our engines? I don't think ANY of us are out to do that!! and i thought that's why we bought the alky kits to begin with! I happen to run 93 all the time and run with alky all the time, i made that decision last year and couldn't be more happy! 122mph in the 1/4 with 255/45-17 falcon street tires on 20lbs boost NO KNOCK!!! . the old die-hards still like to run race gas as a buffer, thats fine! but isn't the cost of race gas to run one day at the track the whole point of getting the alky system? i'm confused! Why buy the alky kit if your going to run race gas at the strip? You might as well just go back to the old days and the old ways!! :rolleyes:

Funny that these 2 vendors are always defending their products but Steve at SMC doesnt say a word? He has probably the longest list of customers out of all of them & his new progressive kit is Awesome! I guess he doesnt need to promote his product as it speaks for itself!! If you call him or need anything he has it there ASAP! Including replacing anything that you may not feel happy with without a question why? (smaller nozzle size, broken tank strap that was my fault so he sent a complete new tank kit, or even when I was upgrading & he sent a BRAND NEW PROGRESSIVE KIT for cost!!!!!! Will not say what I paid but Thanks Steve!!
He kept the old stuff & was really great to do that for me! Just another customer that he helped out.
I KNOW THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!
This thread, and so many like it made me speak out on one of our Original Upstanding Vendors for our cars! Just give him a call & see what I'm talking about sometime!! Really a Nice Guy!!

Rght

Right I just ramble sorry to have brought up the subject.
I too don't need the drama People do what you do best on these sites give conflicting information and screwed up advise I'm gone Go paint your house me I don't need these sites as I have never got a straight answer for anything do a search on that

wellllll you were the ONE who wanted to stir up some **** :rolleyes: like I said .. ya sound like another woulda shoulda coulda :cool: ahhhhhhh... the NET ... isn't it awesome :p ok gotta go wash Melissa's car ... DRIVING it for a cruise and Chinese food :biggrin:

Right I just ramble sorry to have brought up the subject.
I too don't need the drama People do what you do best on these sites give conflicting information and screwed up advise I'm gone Go paint your house me I don't need these sites as I have never got a straight answer for anything do a search on that

Awful lot of drama you bring on yourself for being registered for all of 3 months:eek: Guess if you show up as a troll, you'll get what you ask for.......

Conflicting info- no. Differing opinions- absolutely. More than one way to skin a cat! Lots of ways to make these go fast (and slow:D ).

Good luck in your hunt for lemmings that will never question you!

Cooling Mist

Someone had the ingenuity and mindset to design and produce a system that would help in detonation supression. Lot of R&D ,time and money spent to bring a IDEA into production. Granted others had the know how and made their own homeade DIY systems. Production wise most started out with Steve's SMC kit . Heard about it by word of mouth and Buick forums, Race track , People tested it real life at the track. I know people who still run theirs, pump was changed/modified to handle Meth.. At one time everybody and their momma wanted one. Granted it wasn't Progressive Technology but it got the Job Done!.

Technology changes and thru R&D testing at the track we now have Razor's Progressive unit that has taken these Buicks places they could've never been without C16. From Alky to Meth with a product that pays for itself. A product thet has proven it's worth time and time again with Time Slips .

There now is another product that is Coolingmist's progressive unit as well that has had some Technology changes done or added to it's platform. Some thorough in Lab R&D testing which makes it look very promising. The next step is to get the product tested in a REAL LIFE Lab the RACE TRACK were the rubber meets the road.

Now I would be willing to have Cooling Mist lend us a Unit to Objectively test. Would send it back once the rubber has been laid. There's a couple of us here that would be willing to give you "NON BIASED" feed back.:eek: We have an old SMC system, a couple Razor units, 3 cars to test on with different builds. Be more then happy to give you some honest feedback, it won't cost you a dime cuz I'll send it back.;) Test all 3 units on each car .

Now some may think I'm crazy for asking but here it goes What do you think Cooling mist you game to give it a go?

well i can tell you a test i performed on my personal TType.
Seeing how i work at a dyno on the weekends, i ordered a Razzors kit, SMC and a Devils own.

I tested them all on my car on the same day on the same dyno, and they all supresed the knock, i ran 100% denatured alky in all 3 kits, and the HP numbers only varied between 3-8 HP

It basically comes down to price, preference, and customer service..
And the dealing with all 3 vendors has been very pleasant for me.

Im still waiting to try out Phil Measse's kit..

well i can tell you a test i performed on my personal TType.
Seeing how i work at a dyno on the weekends, i ordered a Razzors kit, SMC and a Devils own.

I tested them all on my car on the same day on the same dyno, and they all supresed the knock, i ran 100% denatured alky in all 3 kits, and the HP numbers only varied between 3-8 HP

It basically comes down to price, preference, and customer service..
And the dealing with all 3 vendors has been very pleasant for me.

Im still waiting to try out Phil Measse's kit..

I think you NAILED IT!!! All comes down to to who you want to spend your $$ with! I will bet your results are quite accurate! Whoever you feel treats you best has it in stock etc. gets the $$ Just like Cottons, Full Throttle, G-Body etc. ALL GREAT Guys but you spend where you feel comfortable. The rest is BS!!

Fine, six. I've bought from Steve in the past and have nothing negative to say about him either. But what is your point about Julio defending his products and supporting them here. Are you insinuating that that is something he should NOT do? If so, then I disagree.. I don't think he should bash other people's products, but I certainly expect him to step up and represent himself and his product, and to back it up. And not with false claims either. What's your beef?

Fine, six. I've bought from Steve in the past and have nothing negative to say about him either. But what is your point about Julio defending his products and supporting them here. Are you insinuating that that is something he should NOT do? If so, then I disagree.. I don't think he should bash other people's products, but I certainly expect him to step up and represent himself and his product, and to back it up. And not with false claims either. What's your beef?

Six can't really say because "beachbum" says he doesn't ever show up at the track :p :biggrin:

No Beef!! Just an observation of more than 1 thread (please do a search if I am full of BS?) where these 2 get into whats better, who rocks, who's doesnt, show me proof, etc. Just pointed out Steve doesnt do that.
Like I said, you spend your $$ with your vendor of choice. To each his own.

PS: I still believe on a Dyno they would be Very Similar? Funny they dont just buy the other guys kit & prove who is the total superior unit? I sure would!!!

PPS: They each have their own good points so I dont think they need to defend themselves because something was said about the product?
A product speaks for itself! Any honest vendor is a Good Vendor!!
Now as for tech help, I say Thanks! to anything they contribute!
More help the better! I love my alchy kit & I'm sure we all do!
Just dont care for some of the pissing matches!

OK, but I wasn't seeing a pissing match here, just some actually fairly gentlemanly and respectful dialogue. At least as far as the two venders themselves are involved. Now, as far as the original poster was involved.................LOL!

Six can't really say because "beachbum" says he doesn't ever show up at the track :p :biggrin:

Thats not a track its a field!! When he comes to the real track he might get a surprise! Altho Maybe I Will?? Seeing he has a his new combo!! Pretty good for a guy on welfare!! :) :)

As for the thread, I think who started it was out of line! We dont need that kind of stuff! We already are Disfuntional Enuf & it tends brings out the worst in us! Wasnt looking to cause any trouble!! CHEERS!!!!!

To Each His Own!! The way it should be!!!!

Now, back to Basketball!!

Funny that these 2 vendors are always defending their products but Steve at SMC doesnt say a word? He has probably the longest list of customers out of all of them & his new progressive kit is Awesome! I guess he doesnt need to promote his product as it speaks for itself!! If you call him or need anything he has it there ASAP! Including replacing anything that you may not feel happy with without a question why? (smaller nozzle size, broken tank strap that was my fault so he sent a complete new tank kit, or even when I was upgrading & he sent a BRAND NEW PROGRESSIVE KIT for cost!!!!!! Will not say what I paid but Thanks Steve!!
He kept the old stuff & was really great to do that for me! Just another customer that he helped out.
I KNOW THIS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!
This thread, and so many like it made me speak out on one of our Original Upstanding Vendors for our cars! Just give him a call & see what I'm talking about sometime!! Really a Nice Guy!!

Please tell me when was the last time Steve visited this board, offered technical assistance to anyone on anything Buick related, attended a Buick event, etc etc etc.

The answer is NOT IN A VERY LONG TIME.. So you support someone who doesnt support your vehicle in any fashion except make a system.

I take pride in what I do. My product and support speaks for itself. How many 10 second Buicks are there on pump gas... how many have my system and support.. Why do you think this is.

Whether my system makes more power than a competitors or XYZ, depends on circumstances.. if a motor only needs 1 ounce to do X and all three kits give one ounce.. the only benefit will be system reliability based on layout.

Choose your system, choose the company that supports Turbo Buick cars physically, financially, and technically.

Cheers

Julio

Please tell me when was the last time Steve visited this board, offered technical assistance to anyone on anything Buick related, attended a Buick event, etc etc etc.

The answer is NOT IN A VERY LONG TIME.. So you support someone who doesnt support your vehicle in any fashion except make a system.

I take pride in what I do. My product and support speaks for itself. How many 10 second Buicks are there on pump gas... how many have my system and support.. Why do you think this is.

Whether my system makes more power than a competitors or XYZ, depends on circumstances.. if a motor only needs 1 ounce to do X and all three kits give one ounce.. the only benefit will be system reliability based on layout.

Choose your system, choose the company that supports Turbo Buick cars physically, financially, and technically.

Cheers

Julio

Good for you Razor...tell'em like it is. As far as I'm concerned you have brought more knowledge to this board than anyone else....hands down. You respond to every question asked of you and your input is invaluable in tuning these cars.

I guess the guy who started this thread was right...it is your section on Turbobuick.com

Keep up the good work and dont let anybody make you stray from the path your on. I for one look forward to every post that you make so I can learn a little something new.