New motor for Ct emissions

ladodgers8

Hey all. I was looking to get some emissions advice for my 86gn. I bought the car last year and the motor is currently being built by RPE. I'm looking to get an idea of how big of a problem it's going to be getting this thing through emissions. Anyone with similar setups that can offer some advice?

Aluminum Champ heads
forged pistons, rods
comp 206/206
70mm TB and housing
champion ported intake
razor alky
walbro fuel pump
adj wastgate
3" dp
2.5" dual exhaust
64/65 BB billet turbo
front mount intercooler
60lb injectors with corresponding chip
aluminum rad

Any and all advice would be appreciated, even if just offering comments on the setup. Thanks in advance.

depends where you go. are u using the factory ecu or stand alone? Otto can tune ur XFI to pass emissions or u can get an emissions chip from turbo tweak.

depending on where u go they dont always look for a CAT. in fact id say if u go to Hartford to some small garage id be willing to bet they wont look for the CAT and will only be looking at the readings which are fairly easy to manipulate.

id say with the setup ur lookn to go with an XFI would be the way to go. Bison probably has an emissions chip u could borrow or u could buy one. there cheap but this will be the last year u will need it.

Was just going to explain Fachies post but you read it!

How nice is that now huh!:p No more emissions BS!

Good Luck with the build, and throw up some pics of it some time!

Trying to pass without a cat converter is a waste of time. You can borrow my community cat converter and downpipe/elbow if you need it.

Nice offer Bison.:smile: Got mine thru with just a cat and TT emissions chip. No EGR and passed with flying colors. Going to be a lot of cats collecting dust now. Can they nail you if they find the car not running a cat?:confused:

Mark, Jan 1 you are exempt under the law, too. If your model year is 25 years or older, you're golden. Subtract your model year from the calendar year. If it's 25 or more, EXEMPT! I'm an 86, so don't even need to bother with 'em. Thanks for the offer anyway, Mr. Bison.
Aaron

Mark, Jan 1 you are exempt under the law, too. If your model year is 25 years or older, you're golden. Subtract your model year from the calendar year. If it's 25 or more, EXEMPT! I'm an 86, so don't even need to bother with 'em. Thanks for the offer anyway, Mr. Bison.
Aaron
As long as your test was up to date before your registration renewal or you hit 25 years with the test current you are gtg. If you have not tested your car and it hits 25 years i woudl not be surprised if they did not renew your reg. I got a notice for my blue 86 and took it last fall. Knowing the ball bags that run things in this state i would have had a problem if i didnt get the test.

As long as your test was up to date before your registration renewal or you hit 25 years with the test current you are gtg. If you have not tested your car and it hits 25 years i woudl not be surprised if they did not renew your reg. I got a notice for my blue 86 and took it last fall. Knowing the ball bags that run things in this state i would have had a problem if i didnt get the test.
yep